Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Letter to GSK Netherlands

Letter to GSK Netherlands

Of course I have not the slightest confidence that they will admit anything, I coukld not keep myself from writing them a letter. Also this is part of my campaign to write to any involved instance which is part of my personal documentation of my travel through the Seroxat hell... maybe I will one day write a book about it :)
    I will post my letter below, after pullig it through Google Translator. And of course I will keep you informed about the answer...

L.S.

In 2002 I started on the advice of the physician with the drug Seroxat (paroxetine, 10 mg) due to a number of severe panic attacks at work. At the time I therapy followed around 2005 and wanted to stop the drug. However, any attempt to stop that led to withdrawal symptoms which were absolutely unbearable: a sense of electrocution along with unimaginable nausea, vomiting, severe diarrhea as well as psychological symptoms such as nightmares and hallucinations.
    I had never previously experienced these symptoms and these were in no way part of the original condition.
    Whenever I was forced to change the dose of 10 mg again to swallow these phenomena, which works totally impossible, to disappear. I had phased out according to the leaflet which increments of 10 mg advises, also was told it was not addictive and so I just have to stop. Nevertheless, I tried to build oak conductor by half 20 mg tablet once to cut up to 5 mg, or 5 and 10 mg every other day to swallow.
    With both methods, I became ill within a day of withdrawal symptoms. The subsequent withdrawal attempts did I even run my urine. Nevertheless, the relationship with paroxetine is still denied by the doctor according to GSK because it was not addictive.
    In 2007 I finally after all of the drug stopped abruptly at 10 mg because the more gradual attempts no less severe withdrawal effects, and also gave the leaflet indicated the onttrekkingsverschijsenlen-insofar as they exist-would have had to be within 3 weeks.
    Like the previous times I was once again sick but tried with all his might on its feet until 3 weeks had passed. However, names the terrible and unbearable symptoms-as I said definitely not part of the original complaint, even after these three weeks to only increase after 3 months so unbearable that I could no longer operate and was on the brink of suicide.
    Not by depression but by persistent diarrhea, abdominal cramps and the constant feeling you-to be electrocuted.
    Only after about twenty months, the diarrhea disappeared and started the other withdrawal symptoms very, very slowly, in a kind of wave-like pattern to reduce. Now after 4.5 years many symptoms away but make a kind of electric shock in the chest normal function is still a daily struggle and I lost my job through all this long gone and now has long rely on a benefit in the absence with a diagnosis now been reduced to a minimum.

I should like to hear from you how all this is apparent from various TV reports and online support sites determined not in isolation, is irreconcilable with the slogan of GSK "Feel better, live longer".
    I would like to mention that not all the problems I have mentioned already more than 10 years ago were known without the leaflet here is appropriately adjusted.
    And also I like to hear from you what people should do after contracting severe neurological damage due to (stop) Seroxat / Paroxetine / Paxil, which I do not need the advice to the "doctor" to discuss as this has no idea what else they can do for me.
    And finally I like to hear how you intend to compensate me for the intense and totally unnecessary agony with this drug has caused me.
    Recovering from the ravages of withdrawal after 5 years on Paxil/Seroxat, originally prescribed for stress and, looking backward, PTSS.
    Though it is hardly possible to get something positive from the utter hell of repeated c/t's and protracted w/d, all of this unnecessary, I still believe in the possiblity to emerge from this as a healed, wiser human being.
    All we need is just a little patience - Guns N' Roses

i have no idea what will give this, maybe they will say you had to not cold turkey(i have not cold turked and am also very bad)
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Of couse it won't give me much, apart from some irritation... But I was asked several times by doctors and people from social security whether I had ever contacted the manufacturer of the pills. I did now so I can tell them I had looked everywhere for an answer. But of course they will only deny the cause of it.
    At least when I one day issue a formal complaint to the regulating instances, I can tell them I have asked the company for advice.
    Recovering from the ravages of withdrawal after 5 years on Paxil/Seroxat, originally prescribed for stress and, looking backward, PTSS.
    Though it is hardly possible to get something positive from the utter hell of repeated c/t's and protracted w/d, all of this unnecessary, I still believe in the possiblity to emerge from this as a healed, wiser human being.

for a classic complain, is it not normally the doctor who has to fill in a form to send to netherland health or GSK america or england GSK?

You’re being bold and speaking your truth. One way or another, that’s going to help you to live the life you want.

Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Claudius, your letter takes the next of the bricks out of this monstrous structure they have built. It takes time, but every such action brings us closer to changing it. I have no doubt about it. Thanks so much for it.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Indeed, and still each day I feel baffled that such a monstrous, inhuman system vould be created in the "civilized" Western world and nobody seems to care about it. I expect no reaction from GSK but still in the back of my head I would like to sue them, make a Weblog about the progress and al their defenses and denials and thereby attack them more. But I know it will remain my word against that of a multinational and I want to focus now on recovery, preparing for work and finally find a job. And I have no money for a lawyer. But this letter is just for my personal documentation so I do not regret sending it.
    And I really hope that this monster drug companies will finally have to give in, unfortunately ther odds are against us because we are alreadyt labeled as labile, unstable, unhappy or just plain sick people who try to blame the medicines for our suffering. It is almost impossible to explain, luckily many people around me tend to believe me.

Quote Originally Posted by Claudius View Post
    Indeed, and still each day I feel baffled that such a monstrous, inhuman system vould be created in the "civilized" Western world
    Very true, Claudius. The thing is we have been manipulated by the mainstream media, school and the whole rest of the institutions into believing it. Fortunately enough, there's been going on a global awakening for some years now, and it's been exponentially picking up steam. TPTB are losing it big time. I can't believe to what extent my view of the world has changed in the last couple of years. It turns out most of what we've been taught has been a lie. Yes, people are waking up. Suffice to say, look at any comment section in any online newspaper - if the article is biased and with a malicious agenda, the readers will rightly tear it into pieces. The coming years will see some incredible changes in many areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Luc View Post
    Yes, people are waking up. Suffice to say, look at any comment section in any online newspaper - if the article is biased and with a malicious agenda, the readers will rightly tear it into pieces. The coming years will see some incredible changes in many areas.
    This is a very encouraging observation, Luc. It's really true. I can't get over how the Internet is bringing people together, and making information easily available. And because of that, people are really teaching each other critical thinking. I mean, who could have anticipated this? Instead of having to teach people critical thinking top-down (a la Paulo Freire, whom I deeply respect), it turns out you really only have to give us access to each other and to information, and we teach each other / ourselves critical thinking. Wow.

----> ----> ---->
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    Instead of having to teach people critical thinking top-down (a la Paulo Freire, whom I deeply respect), it turns out you really only have to give us access to each other and to information, and we teach each other / ourselves critical thinking.
    And that's precisely the point. The truth has always been out there, but the groups of interests have been obscuring it, pumping us full of propaganda to basically keep us in check (a financial and philosophical one alike). Never before has the mainstream media been so weak as they're now. Not before long they will most likely start demanding bail-outs. Also, I gave up on most of the so-called "authority figures", the people I tended to trust in the past. Those I believe (though I still double-check what they say) are barely a handful now. Reading most of newspapers (the paper ones) these days is an exercise in futility - to find in them something even remotely resembling truth is a lost cause. When the WD lets up a bit, and I'm able to read, all I find there would usually be; page 1 - manipulation, page 2 - outright lie, page 3 - propaganda, page 4 -skewed statistics, and ad infinitum. The only reason why I will probably be still reading them long into the future, is to see their demise, and shortly before it, their reaching the point of telling such brazen lies that the contrast between the truth and the matrix they try to uphold will become ridiculously obvious. I have a feeling though, that some of them may still try embracing the truth in their last-ditch attempt to save themselves from extinction.

My god, folks... where would we be now, hadn't it been for the Internet...