Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 4.5 years off Paxil/Seroxat and counting!

I did not have extreme anxiety during WD and sleep was about the only thing that was hardly affected... though in the mids of WD, now 3 years ago, I sometomes got up in the middle of the night to smoke... My sleep is fine now though I am overall a bit tired and that is IMHO still WD related. Anxiety is now mild to moderate but this was an original issue for me and very effectively oppressed by the Paxil.
    The eye issues is hardly to describe, no focus problems and my eyesight is fine. It is just the feeling of pulling at the muscles and nerves. It is related to the jolts in the chest and even the tinglings in the arms.
    The drug, though the first years pretty effective, really made minced meat of my CNS but if I can recover from that, I think everybody can.
    Recovering from the ravages of withdrawal after 5 years on Paxil/Seroxat, originally prescribed for stress and, looking backward, PTSS.
    Though it is hardly possible to get something positive from the utter hell of repeated c/t's and protracted w/d, all of this unnecessary, I still believe in the possiblity to emerge from this as a healed, wiser human being.
    All we need is just a little patience - Guns N' Roses

so its just these 2 remaining symtoms? the chest and eye spasms? do they hurt? is it an unpleasent sensation/? how does it stop you functioning (I dont mean that in a bad way, Im curious about it)

Your healing is nearly complete Claudious, can you feel that? can you feel it getting closer for you? I cant WAIT to read your recovery story, God knows you deserve it.
    Put on citalopram July 2009 during a physical illness - didnt need it. 40mg
    went down to 20mg July 2010 CT in Jan 2012 - 2.5 years on.
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    Down to 1.5mg from the failed RI
    Now at 0.48 and trying to stabalize - been 6 weeks
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this

Hi Claudius! So, so glad you’re healing, albeit too slowly.

In my Internet travels recently, I stumbled across the factoid that the vagus nerve can cause both eye twitching and chest pains. Might be of interest to you to Google. In a way, it doesn’t really matter, though, it just means that might be *where* the autonomic dysregulation is showing up in you.

Are you still getting benefit from your green stone meditation? I think that is so cool!
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Halleluja, a new wave!
    Getting pretty sick of this after getting close to 5.5 years off. But I am hit by a wave again, in fact I got a wave last November which was pretty long-lasting and though I had the feeling last month to come out of it again, a new wave has emerged while not being out of the previous yet.
    A wave within a wave, so to way...
    I am still able to work on my new Android programming task but have to rest many times a day because of the eye spasms and jolts in the chest, which are, as I told before, related and still WD induced.
    But I feel a bit hopeless now, because my financial support os really drying up and I am so eager to hunt for a new paid job but still this is not possible as long as these symptoms linger.
    I read that dr. David Healy has upgraded the maximum recovery time to 6 years so I still have confidence to heal from this but it is really patience to the max...
    Recovering from the ravages of withdrawal after 5 years on Paxil/Seroxat, originally prescribed for stress and, looking backward, PTSS.
    Though it is hardly possible to get something positive from the utter hell of repeated c/t's and protracted w/d, all of this unnecessary, I still believe in the possiblity to emerge from this as a healed, wiser human being.

Hi Claudius... Just wanted to find out if you had the severe Derealization and brain fog and if it ever lifted for you and if so, when? Are the eye spasms and jolts the only symptoms you have left? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Needinghelp View Post
    Hi Claudius... Just wanted to find out if you had the severe Derealization and brain fog and if it ever lifted for you and if so, when? Are the eye spasms and jolts the only symptoms you have left? Thanks
    I had indeed severe depresonalization/derealization n the first 2 years of WD, but that is gone now. The brain fog is gone, too, so there is progression. THe eye spasms and the jolts are the most prevalent symptoms left, and also some occasional nausea and tiredness.

the characteristic of nerves healing (or sickness) is the cycle pattern, so maybe for some it is cycle for years (or waves); and normally less intense and shorter;
    all this is : maybe

the other theory is that each case clicks in his place (as rubik's cube) and at a moment all is in his place and no more waves, and people feel well;

when i will be healed i will tell you how it function, wait just a few months, thank you;
    Last edited by stan; 02-12-2013 at 10:47 PM.
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Oh, comrade, I’m so sorry you’re having to go through this. What an unbelievable drag.

I wanted to make sure you knew that when I wrote about the vagus nerve above, I was not saying that your chest and eye are not due to w/d. I was just saying this might be the way that the w/d is manifesting itself in you.

Sending healing energy....
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

I so understand how absurd it may feel to experience a wave at this point, Claudius, but your CNS has done tons of healing already, and many many symptoms either disappeared or improved. Those remaining will be getting better too.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Quote Originally Posted by Claudius View Post
    Halleluja, a new wave!
    Getting pretty sick of this after getting close to 5.5 years off. But I am hit by a wave again, in fact I got a wave last November which was pretty long-lasting and though I had the feeling last month to come out of it again, a new wave has emerged while not being out of the previous yet.
    A wave within a wave, so to way...
    I'm sorry to read this Claudius, after such a long time still being hit...today you replied to my post while you are feeling so bad, so you must be a very strong person!
    Je bent al zo ver, je komt hier ook nog wel doorheen!
    Paroxetine 20mg a day, for 13 years
    Tapered for 6 months
    Off meds since August 27, 2012