Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: 4.5 years off Paxil/Seroxat and counting!

dear Claudius,

what a long time! hopefully you have regularly well periods,
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Yes it is an enormous time, almost just as long off the pills as on it... and the time on it was already an eternity. THere are better periods, I am able to do a lot of things though I must again postpone finding a job... and this will already be very difficult after being homebound for more than 4 years with a story nobody believes. But my first concern is getting rid of the remaining symptoms and waiting, waiting, waiting - until the hell freezes - is unfortunately the only option...
    Recovering from the ravages of withdrawal after 5 years on Paxil/Seroxat, originally prescribed for stress and, looking backward, PTSS.
    Though it is hardly possible to get something positive from the utter hell of repeated c/t's and protracted w/d, all of this unnecessary, I still believe in the possiblity to emerge from this as a healed, wiser human being.
    All we need is just a little patience - Guns N' Roses

Oh, these setbacks are abominably disheartening. But, it's still true that I can really hear how you've healed, Claudius. Bravo for studying and meditating when you can. These are good distractions, they help a tiny bit with the symptoms, and they will be a great investment in your future, when you *will* feel better.

I hope this wave is very short.

Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Hey Claudius,

I cannot imagine what it must be like to suffer symptoms after 4,5 years! It must be really hard and unnerving some times.
    Is there some kind of pattern in the increase of symptoms? Or is it just random? Have you noticed any specific triggers that make symptoms worse?

I tried meditation too, and the times I practiced it, it made me feel good. I hope it will help you some with the symptoms.

I hope you will feel better soon!
    Med free from 29 april 2012! Finally after 16 years of AD's, benzo's and sleeping pills.

Thanks all of you, and we will finally beat this crap!
    Sterre it is hard and unnerving but not extremely exceptional, Stan has many problems after 3 years and is apparently in a worse condition as I am. In fact I have little limitations right now, I can drive, study, swim, hike, go out with friends, study and do some programming. But there ARE still limitaitons which are hard to describe and will only be udnerstood by the fellow sufferers in this or the other site.
    Meditation helps me, I have a special stone (malachite, bought it 3 years ago and felt somehow that it would help in my recovery) which I put on the nasty spot under the left chest, go there with my thoughts and I feel the contractions and ther healing. Very weird but it works, at least for some moments. Until now rthe tension and nasty feeling always returns but it has changed and become more superficial, it will finally heal I am sure!
    There are no special triggers, I can eat everything, maybe alcohol does trigger symptoms and it would be better to stay away from it. But I am such a Bourgondic person being very fond of good food and good beer...
    Recovering from the ravages of withdrawal after 5 years on Paxil/Seroxat, originally prescribed for stress and, looking backward, PTSS.
    Though it is hardly possible to get something positive from the utter hell of repeated c/t's and protracted w/d, all of this unnecessary, I still believe in the possiblity to emerge from this as a healed, wiser human being.

That's a super meditation routine that you created, Claudius! Malachite is a beautiful stone, and I was just picturing it in my mind's eye last week for no reason I could discern. I've started running colored energy through my body again, after a long hiatus, when I'm trying to fall asleep, and it seems to help.

Bourgondic is a new word for me! Ha ha! You Bourgondic guy, you!

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

I see that the correct translation for "Bourgondisch" is Burgundian, and it means that you are very fond of the better things in life, especially good food and drinks... :)
    Interesting about those meditations... (I just realize that this word differs only one letter from "mediCations" and I tend to type it wrong every time!) I even bought a book about healing stones but find it pretty confusing, according to the book, all stones are very helpful, peace-giving and healing... just like a book about winery describing each wine in intereseting-sounding but merely meaningless and overlapping terms. Nevertheless, the subjects interests me and I believe that stone meditation at least can be helpful in concetrating and taking your thoughts and focus to the damaged places.

I really don't know anything about stones and crystals, but I'm open to the idea that they have different energetic properties. I mean, they use crystal quartz in wristwatches and other mechanisms, right? Piezoelectricity.

I've always liked making jewelry with semi-precious stones, and I'm drawn to some more than others. For example, I love carnelian. My favorite precious stone by far is sapphire. Maybe it has psychological associations I'm not conscious of. Maybe there's something energetic going on.

I'm glad you feel drawn to studying stones, and I hope you'll share anything you learn that you think might be useful for us.

<----- juggling gems

-- Holger Kalweit

Actually right now I try tu use my still not fully recovered cognitive power to learn/study about webdesign and programming to help me for the upcoming re-entry on the job market :) But I surely wnt to learn more about the stones in the future, as I wrote before I use malachite for daily meditation and have also amethyst at my bunch of keys.
    Right now still in a pretty nasty waves with many symptoms back (except for the diarrhea), even the ruminations about my bullying past is back and that is a sign of a real wave. At least I realize it is a wave... though after all this time I would be very happy to get rid of them. Nevertheless, I can som some programming and had a very good weekend with very good food :)
    MAybe, just maybe this is the last wave.... I give a great party when this will be finally gone!

You're doing great, Claudius. You've really come a long way, now that you can be more objective about the bullying ruminations and recognize them as misleading thoughts that will evaporate again when you inevitably emerge from this wave.

And you're doing great with keeping on studying...and having some Bourgondic time! (I Googled Bourgondic, and it does seem to be a word that people use, and I like it.)

Amethyst is nice. That's the shade of purple I've been visualizing for my falling-asleep exercise.

-- Holger Kalweit