Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 4.5 years off Paxil/Seroxat and counting!

Thanks for answering in post #14, Claudius. It sounds like the symptom cluster that has bothered you the most has switched at least once during your recovery.

The reason I asked is that I’ve noticed that many people seem to have one symptom (or cluster) that they hate the most, and it seems to me that, unfortunately, that is often the last one to heal. I call it the cross-to-bear symptom. For me, it’s the anxiety/paranoia.

But, anyway, it’s great to hear you sounding more confident about your healing. Really, one can “hear” it in your writing!
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Welcome, Claudius! I’m so impressed about the determination that you have shown and your willingness to go through the brutality of the slow healing that does happen. Your courage we know will always help others, and knowing that we’re helping others adds to our own healing. This is why we’re so important to one another.

I love your avatar!

"You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star." -- Nietzsche

Thanx Barbara, I wonder whether you are the same person as Barbaranamated on SA...
    And indeed, I am very determined to comer over this but must also admit I had the financial support to do that until now. If not, I would have had no other choice between suicide or getting pacj to pills in the idle hope it would alleviate the symptoms... and I know deep in my heart I would have preferred death above swallowing one pills of Paxil again.
    I know that my story had been read by many people in my country and will probably have precented some people to get off cold turkey. So my suffering will at least have prevent suffering of other people... which is a very cold comfort for me but maybe it had to be so.
    Glad you like my avatar! It is the Roman emperor Claudius which is Latin translation of my name :)
    Recovering from the ravages of withdrawal after 5 years on Paxil/Seroxat, originally prescribed for stress and, looking backward, PTSS.
    Though it is hardly possible to get something positive from the utter hell of repeated c/t's and protracted w/d, all of this unnecessary, I still believe in the possiblity to emerge from this as a healed, wiser human being.
    All we need is just a little patience - Guns N' Roses

Hail, Claudius!

This Barbara is not Barbarannamated.

This Barbara's journal is here --

http://antidepressantwithdrawal.info...he-Depths-quot

Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Quote Originally Posted by Claudius View Post
    It is the Roman emperor Claudius which is Latin translation of my name :)
    Heh, I'm really slow these days. :) I realised this now only! But better late than never, I guess. Lol. That's a good idea for a nick, Claudius.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Quote Originally Posted by Luc View Post
    Heh, I'm really slow these days. :) I realised this now only! But better late than never, I guess. Lol. That's a good idea for a nick, Claudius.
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Claudius, how's your neurological stuff? Any further improvement? Please, answer to this post only if you felt up to it. Take care!
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Quote Originally Posted by Luc View Post
    Claudius, how's your neurological stuff? Any further improvement? Please, answer to this post only if you felt up to it. Take care!
    Uhhh... right now in a pretty bad wave with symptoms back: ruminations, shame and anger, eye spasms and some nausea. At 4.5 years this is unbelievable but it is the way it is. I am able to do some learning activities but have to postpone my job hunting again... and I am burning my savings now at a high rate :(
    I try to meditate every day and that does bring the symptoms down a bit.... but I am really sick of this after long long years. Still believe in recovery but a bit deperate now...
    Recovering from the ravages of withdrawal after 5 years on Paxil/Seroxat, originally prescribed for stress and, looking backward, PTSS.
    Though it is hardly possible to get something positive from the utter hell of repeated c/t's and protracted w/d, all of this unnecessary, I still believe in the possiblity to emerge from this as a healed, wiser human being.
    All we need is just a little patience - Guns N' Roses

French Café Moderator Cosette123's Avatar
    Patience must be our master,Claudius but I must admit it is not always easy...
    Severe anxiety since childhood .SSRIs for OCD.
    Major traumatism in my life:Prozac during short periods.
    Deroxat (=Paxil) during 7 years.
    Three unsuccessful atempts to quit.
    Deroxat free since may 2008 (Cold turkey )

Claudius,

Thank you for contributing so much to the site. I'm really saddened that you are having such a rough patch at this time after a period of feeling somewhat ok.

You are clearly going to shift out of this phase and get back to feeling better again.
    Last edited by Barbara; 05-04-2012 at 02:06 AM.
    "You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star." -- Nietzsche