Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: 4.5 years off Paxil/Seroxat and counting!

Quote Originally Posted by stan View Post
    hello Claudius,

i think your age 45 is ok actually, but you are right, in 10 years it can begin some problems; but work through internet changes the situation; android(i know nothing about) seem to be very popular;
    do no more make something against the bullying, it can only worsen the situation and resolve nothing, as you know;
    Stan, I am absolutely determined to never ever contact my former bully anymore. I do not even have the wish anyomre to do so, it is only the nasty memory which still pops up now and then.
    And yes, Android is pretty hot and in fact it is Java which I already know. And I still think it will be possible to find a new job later this year when the last symptoms are gone, or almost gone. And the age problem comes for all os us looking for a new job, even for those who never have known these drugs and/or the w/d.
    Recovering from the ravages of withdrawal after 5 years on Paxil/Seroxat, originally prescribed for stress and, looking backward, PTSS.
    Though it is hardly possible to get something positive from the utter hell of repeated c/t's and protracted w/d, all of this unnecessary, I still believe in the possiblity to emerge from this as a healed, wiser human being.
    All we need is just a little patience - Guns N' Roses

68 months update:
    OMG, am I really writing that? 68 months, that is getting close to 6 years!
    At least I have survived this uneartly ordeal. And it is not over yet, though healing is still going on and I still count on total recovery.
    Neurological symptoms have worsened a bit again, though it is still bearable and I think it will not get worse than it is now... Actually it had been better last year, and from the weak but still nasty electrical currents I fully realize that it is still WD related. Also anxiety is back, but this was my major original issue, it is not very bad and it will be better when WD will get better again.
    The good news, I have very much learned to listen and feel my body and I am the best witness that my body tells me that it is still healing. I feel it happen and sometimes even hear it. But patience, even more patience is what I must have right now.
    Recovering from the ravages of withdrawal after 5 years on Paxil/Seroxat, originally prescribed for stress and, looking backward, PTSS.
    Though it is hardly possible to get something positive from the utter hell of repeated c/t's and protracted w/d, all of this unnecessary, I still believe in the possiblity to emerge from this as a healed, wiser human being.

hello Claudius,
    I'm not surprised, I just started having improvements a few months ago, four years (48 months off)almost nothing or not really visible, we heal very late and very very slow; i hope i will not need a surgery because i have something weird in right bowels;
    i never thought when we speak years before that it needs so many years, lose jobs and family for some people;
    the good point is we are recovering, hopefully, or i would kill my innocent doctor with a barrel of liquid paxil
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Great news, Claudius! You're healing and you will keep healing. I'd be willing to bet my bottom dollar (or whatever other currency we have here) that this anxiety you mention is still WD, which, paradoxically, is good news, because it means you will be seeing more and more improvement overall.

Stan, lol at "a barrel of liquid paxil". :)
    Last edited by Luc; 07-08-2013 at 11:41 PM.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Claudius – I wish you were all well *now*, but it is really impressive to see / hear how you have grown in wisdom from this ordeal.

How is your diet in terms of Omega-6 / Omega-3 ratio? That’s really important.

Stan – lol, indeed.

Luc – we are using Swiss francs here. [Readers – that’s because the site’s server is located in Switzerland, home of Toblerone.]
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Sheila, yes I would wish it was better because I still feel unable to hunt for a job, it is the last remaining neurological stuff that still drives me nuts. Already many times I felt being on the verge of total recovery but each time some kind of nasty residual wave rises again. But this pattern will once end, though I never expceted it to take so darn long...

Right now I do not use Omega fish oil. Actually I stopped all supplements because I had not the feeling they were really helping me. MAybe even trigger waves again. Do you think starting fish oils again would be a good idea?

Keep walking. Just keep walking.

I hope your waves are not near same intensity as early wd?

I read through the letters you sent out. I wish one day through these forums and maybe the public authority figures some action would be taken to change the way the drugs are handed out like candy, but I'm not holding my breath. Some kind of documentary film might work too. At least to put a dent in the pharma image. Make people think "what if they're right...I'm not going to risk it". I wish I had had even a bit of such info, even if I wouldn't have fully believed such anecdotal evidence.. I would've never toyed with the pills. I was so naive, it didn't even cross my mind.. I thought of course these professionals know what they're doing, I should listen and trust myself into their hands. Even at worst I can stop the pills and that will be the end of it. At the one time my neuroticness would've come in handy I put it aside.

I wish you continuing healing.
    Acceptance. Time. Habit.

Claudius -- I know it is so frustrating to feel on the verge of total recovery and then fall back. But, it is *really* good that you do feel that close.

Re: Omega-3, if you don’t want to add supplements, you can really work on your diet so that you lower your Omega-6 intake and raise your Omega-3 intake.

If you want to consider Omega-3 supplements, take a look at the 11 June post on my blog which is a big compilation of studies showing how good Omega-3 is for neuro and psych problems. And read through the Omega sticky here. Then, let me know your thoughts or questions.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Moui – have you looked at the IAWP Youtube channel, and especially the documentary Luc made called “Overpill”?

Weird irony that you were more trusting than you usually are in taking the meds. I was similar in that I was already totally convinced psych meds were iatrogenic, yet somehow decided this time it would be OK?????

-- Holger Kalweit