Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: 4.5 years off Paxil/Seroxat and counting!

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy131313 View Post
    Im so pleased that your recovery is progressing, your doing such a great job and being so brave, I wish I was as brave as you
    Iggy I tihnk you are very brave, and it is pretty easy for me now being "brave" with the worst part pof WD behind me. The first year I was a wreck and did not evne know about WD.
    I did not take the Seroxat of GSK but the generic version of MERCK. But this does not matter much.
    Recovering from the ravages of withdrawal after 5 years on Paxil/Seroxat, originally prescribed for stress and, looking backward, PTSS.
    Though it is hardly possible to get something positive from the utter hell of repeated c/t's and protracted w/d, all of this unnecessary, I still believe in the possiblity to emerge from this as a healed, wiser human being.
    All we need is just a little patience - Guns N' Roses

hello Claudius,

if you can answer, what language do you programming (through linux if i remember) php? java? c++? javascript, ajax etc and what is your new learning?

thanks

Stan, I am a Java programmer from origin, during recovery from WD I learned myself programming in PHP and MySQL as a database, and also on the Linux platform. Since a few months, I develop an Android app which uses Java, so very nice to use and refresh my old knowledge and experiecne again!
    And now I do a free online course Python via https://www.coursera.org/
    Recovering from the ravages of withdrawal after 5 years on Paxil/Seroxat, originally prescribed for stress and, looking backward, PTSS.
    Though it is hardly possible to get something positive from the utter hell of repeated c/t's and protracted w/d, all of this unnecessary, I still believe in the possiblity to emerge from this as a healed, wiser human being.

Wow, really great Claudius! Very interesting link. And it's really amazing that you taught yourself some new things during w/d recovery! Impressive.

Fabulous website! Good for you!
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Really great site, Claudius. It only proves what long way you've come to reach this point, and that it's 100% possible.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Congratulations!!
    150mgs Effexor for 4 years 2008-2012 for situational Major Depression. No AD before
    Tapered 150-0mgs in 3 months / last dose July 26th/2012 aprox.
    Acute W/D first 1-2 months
    Protracted W/D since then and slowly recovering.
    Main symptoms: Anxiety, Insomnia,Anhedonia.
    April 9th- 20th SEVERE DEPRESSION.
    11 months off.Slowly improving

Thanx for your good wishes, but as I said I am stil not out of the woods and still suffer from pretty nasty waves! And even the gruesome memories of the sadistic bully who tormented me 25 years ago are back again theses days. But I am stable enough now not to act on those meories anymore.
    And looking at the timeline until now, I would not be surprised needding another 1-2 years to be completely done with WD.
    Not speaking of building a new carreer, I am still relatively lucky to have worked in a branche were still people are needed. But my age (45) will possibly start to work against me.
    Nevertheless, "I'll be back" to use a famous quote of Arnold Scharzenegger. And so will all of you be!

That’s right, Claudius, the old symptoms come back for a visit, but you are getting better and better.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

hello Claudius,

i think your age 45 is ok actually, but you are right, in 10 years it can begin some problems; but work through internet changes the situation; android(i know nothing about) seem to be very popular;
    do no more make something against the bullying, it can only worsen the situation and resolve nothing, as you know;
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish