Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: 4.5 years off Paxil/Seroxat and counting!

W/D is a new experience for me, and I have being in it for only 7 months.

I have read the long and hard experience of Luc, and find it amazing.

But with all due respect, I have read of all his improvements, after all these years, yes, I read about his traveling around, I saw his photo, radiant with a glass of beer...and I´m happy for him.BUT I don´t understand how can he talk about feeling VERY sick again...!!

I can hardly sleep, eat, I can´t watch TV....can´t have sex....etc etc.I am VERY sick!! hardly surviving...

I KNOW I repeat, that I am in early W/D, but isn´t it maybe that these "lingering" issues are a little obsessive???

I was treated with AD because a very very bad Anxious Depression, so I know how it is, and if I compare, this is awfull, but that was worse.

Maybe that is something good for me, knowing that there is / was something worse.

I am sorry, if I hurt somebody´s feelings.I´m just trying to survive here.

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    W/D is a new experience for me, and I have being in it for only 7 months.

I have read the long and hard experience of Luc, and find it amazing.

But with all due respect, I have read of all his improvements, after all these years, yes, I read about his traveling around, I saw his photo, radiant with a glass of beer...and I´m happy for him.BUT I don´t understand how can he talk about feeling VERY sick again...!!

I can hardly sleep, eat, I can´t watch TV....can´t have sex....etc etc.I am VERY sick!! hardly surviving...

I KNOW I repeat, that I am in early W/D, but isn´t it maybe that these "lingering" issues are a little obsessive???

I was treated with AD because a very very bad Anxious Depression, so I know how it is, and if I compare, this is awfull, but that was worse.

Maybe that is something good for me, knowing that there is / was something worse.

I am sorry, if I hurt somebody´s feelings.I´m just trying to survive here.
    I guess you are referring here to me and not to Luc, because somewhere earlier in this thread I posted a picture of myself with a glass of beer during a short weekend trip. I also mentioned that I do not look like being sick and do not feel extremely anxious so I am able to travel and even enjoy a good meal or drink.
    But that does nog mean that I am fully healed or do not have waves anymore! In that picture I was already more than 3 years in WD and doing significantly better than the first 2 years whixh were a living hell.
    Because you are only 9 months in WD, I immedately do believe that you feel like crap now and cannot imagine to travel or feel a bit more normal. But that does not mean that you won't get better.
    Recovering from the ravages of withdrawal after 5 years on Paxil/Seroxat, originally prescribed for stress and, looking backward, PTSS.
    Though it is hardly possible to get something positive from the utter hell of repeated c/t's and protracted w/d, all of this unnecessary, I still believe in the possiblity to emerge from this as a healed, wiser human being.
    All we need is just a little patience - Guns N' Roses

Thank you Claudius; yes I meant you.

I´m sorry for my mistake, It´s just that I aM feeling so bad...

I am happy for you, really; it is incredible what you have been trhough.

I read sleep was I main issue in your early W/D. I have the same problem and I am scared.If I don´t sleep I´m done.

I have being handling it for the last month, but yesterday, because of a bad wave I had a set-back.

I had being able to reduce benzo, but last nite, I had to take it again.

I´m trying not to get very frustrated.

Claudius, tell me about you sleeping problems, and how they have improved over time, I would be helpul for me.

Sorry again and thank you.

AVE CAESAR!

Quote Originally Posted by Claudius View Post
    Uhh I realize too well that I do not look like an ill or debilltated person. And I have still a social life and can enjoy food and a good beer, but that does surely not mean that WD is over now... the picture is from one year ago and progression is still incredibly slow. Maybe I should remove the picture because it does not attribute to convince people that I am stil really sick.
    I didn´t read this before Claudius; now it makes perfect sense to me.I´m sorry if I rushed my opinions.

You are all my heroes.

Claudious, hows about an update, I see you lurking all the time!! you naughty little lurker you!
    Put on citalopram July 2009 during a physical illness - didnt need it. 40mg
    went down to 20mg July 2010 CT in Jan 2012 - 2.5 years on.
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    Down to 1.5mg from the failed RI
    Now at 0.48 and trying to stabalize - been 6 weeks
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this

Iggy tou are right, I still lurk here almost every day :)
    But I will give you an update. Now at 5.5 years, I am still not out of the woods but taking it day by day, step by step. Right now I have something of a wave, feel pretty exhausted by WD, some anxiety is back and energy is low. But I have had much better days so I still feel like being in the waves-windows pattern.
    And looking at it on a macro scale: each year has definately been BETTER than the previous one. My forst 2 years in WD, 2008-2009, were very horrific, with onyl a first window in mid 2009. Real recovery started, very VERY slowly in 2010, still having huge waves. In 2011 I could do much more and embared in some larger progamming projects. In 2012, I have even larger projects, worked more hours and had my first 50% job, ending last February.
    Now busy with another project and a new programming course, still hindered by residual WD issues which are still a real bitch sometimes, but I still feel that recovery is going on.
    I am definaterly among the worst cases of protracted WD and I have some peace now in realizing I will probably need the full 7 years Charly Groenedijk told me about. We will definately beat this crap.
    Recovering from the ravages of withdrawal after 5 years on Paxil/Seroxat, originally prescribed for stress and, looking backward, PTSS.
    Though it is hardly possible to get something positive from the utter hell of repeated c/t's and protracted w/d, all of this unnecessary, I still believe in the possiblity to emerge from this as a healed, wiser human being.
    All we need is just a little patience - Guns N' Roses

Thanks for the update, Claudius. I am so glad you are doing a new project and a new course. And I am so glad that you can feel the recovery going on, despite how damn long it is taking.

Sending healing energy!

Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

claudious, was it seroxat (brand name) that you were on?
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this

Quote Originally Posted by Claudius View Post
    And looking at it on a macro scale: each year has definately been BETTER than the previous one.
    That is very true. In most of the cases, it's like this no doubt.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Im so pleased that your recovery is progressing, your doing such a great job and being so brave, I wish I was as brave as you