Thread: 4.5 years off Paxil/Seroxat and counting!

Hybrid View

It's been a long way, Claudius, isn't it? The good thing is that it's improving. I so remember how much you were suffering. That was total hell. It's so good you're able to work part-time - this would be unthinkable not so long time ago - you're improving! If you were to estimate how much you've healed (%), what number would it be?
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Quote Originally Posted by Luc View Post
    If you were to estimate how much you've healed (%), what number would it be?
    Very difficult to say Luc, beause there are so many symtoms in a bizarre waves and windows pattern. I could give the percentages for the individual symtpoms:
    -Diarrea and intestinal mess: 98% recovery
    -Crying spells: 80% recovery
    -Aggression and anger: 70% recovery
    -Ruminations and homicidal tendencies: 80% recovery
    -Cognitive abilities: 90% recovery
    -Neurological issues, electrical jolts in chest and eye spasms: 30% recovery THIS IS MY LAST TORTUROUS SYMPTOM

The 30% in the last issue is somewhat ramdom, this particular symptom is still very bad and debilitating but at least different than before and I still feel it moving and rearranging inside which is surely a sign of recovery.
    So overall I would say, 50% recovered but that won't mean that I will need another 4.5 year... ;)
    Recovering from the ravages of withdrawal after 5 years on Paxil/Seroxat, originally prescribed for stress and, looking backward, PTSS.
    Though it is hardly possible to get something positive from the utter hell of repeated c/t's and protracted w/d, all of this unnecessary, I still believe in the possiblity to emerge from this as a healed, wiser human being.
    All we need is just a little patience - Guns N' Roses