Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13

Thread: 4.5 years off Paxil/Seroxat and counting!

Quote Originally Posted by Moui View Post
    Some kind of documentary film might work too.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmXIUnjztvI
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Of course I am also a bit shocked to read that the best forum on the Net is about to close. But also I realilze that I am in the final phase of WD (albeit still pretty nasty) and my symptoms are almost purely neurological now. I learned a lot from this forum and want to thank everybody for the interesting discussions and the support.
    I want, apart from riding out the remaining symptoms, to leave my WD phase behind me and start a new life, although I will never forget about the ordeal, the lies of Big PHarma and of course the support from good people who helped each other without the greed for profit and money.
    I have done my best to help other people too, and have referred many to the Dutch section of IAWP for example.
    Good luck to everybody and maybe we will meet again! I will ocaasionally keep an eye on WD fora and websites.
    Also I am still a member of SA and will post my upcoming total recovery there if I reach that point, Maybe even this year, or otherwise next year :)
    Recovering from the ravages of withdrawal after 5 years on Paxil/Seroxat, originally prescribed for stress and, looking backward, PTSS.
    Though it is hardly possible to get something positive from the utter hell of repeated c/t's and protracted w/d, all of this unnecessary, I still believe in the possiblity to emerge from this as a healed, wiser human being.
    All we need is just a little patience - Guns N' Roses

Claudius -- I think you have a very interesting future ahead of you, both moving on from w/d, yet also somehow integrating it into your future. You have come a long way, but the picture hasn't really become clear yet. But it will.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Thanks Sheila and though I am still hindered by some nasty waves, I feel that I have a future and that is much better than the complete desperation I felt 4 years ago.
    I want to thank everybody here on IAWP for the support and maybe we meet on SA, I will not join any new forum anymore.
    And this is probably my last post on IAWP. Good luck to everybody...
    Recovering from the ravages of withdrawal after 5 years on Paxil/Seroxat, originally prescribed for stress and, looking backward, PTSS.
    Though it is hardly possible to get something positive from the utter hell of repeated c/t's and protracted w/d, all of this unnecessary, I still believe in the possiblity to emerge from this as a healed, wiser human being.
    All we need is just a little patience - Guns N' Roses

Your story is an inspiration, because, although I know you’re not completely healed yet, you have gone through such a descent experience, and are so clearly in the ascent now. I have seen you change so much over the last four years. You prove to us concretely that even longer w/d’s do progress and improve dramatically.

Beste van geluk aan u!
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit