Thread: "The Fog"

"The Fog"

For how many of you depersonalisation or derealisation have either lifted totally or partially at least?
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

The derealization was about 75% improved by 13 months for me and cleared completely over a period of 3-4 years. It was very severe.

i had it very very severe first year off, the second year less severe, the third less severe, some days i forget i have it, but i have; i have it every day more outdoor and in grocery (where is neon light, brilliant floor, much people etc), it is often mild now, but i do not interact enough with my environment because dp/dr;
    the anxiety and walking increase the chest pain, dizziness and dp/dr, as i stop 3 minutes, all this decrease but not totally, and when i walk again, hop, increase, i stop, wait, hop decrease; the two first years, the decrease was insignificant
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

DP/DR has gotten much better, but I think I have a light level of it all the time still, and I think it might have something to do with my OCD, in that nothing feels real when I'm checking the stove.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Mine has improved but I still have it especially outdoors.

What is truly unbelievable (and confirmed by many) is the influence fluorescent lights have on even those who are not in WD. For us, the WD-ers, it's even worse.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.