Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Nothing works 100 %

does anyone actually know that this sad state of being is actually reversible ?

This is reversible. People have healed suscessfully. The only problem is that once this happens, in most of the cases they want to move on with their lives and forget this painful part of their lives. I understand them. One of those who have healed was Charly G. It took him really long, but it happened. If I remember correctly, Claudius (our newest member) has exchanged e-mails with him, so, if he reads this thread, he may say some more about it.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

I believe it took Charles G 7 years but have heard of some people who are off 10 years and still not right.

i found testimonies about people who were young(30-40), took 3 or 4 or 5 years, and recovered apparently well ,
    people 60 (as i) who took 10 years, i only found testimonies they were suffering, a testimony 60 years who had many problem after 10 years and wanted lawyer
    some people i suspect were lieing, fatigued of all this
    sometime people took 10 years but i do not find all is ok, they were 80 or 90 % (they said...it is not sure sure)
    Charly G was young, do not take many years and needed 7 years
    on this forum and other, i notice many people not well at 7 years
    i know two french people who are disabled
    many after 6 or 7 years have sleeping problems, dizziness, unable to work
    so to summerize a little:
    more years taken, more old, they have difficult to reach the 90 % in some areas
    less years taken, young they reach more easily the 100 % in all areas

I hear what you are saying Stan. I don't know of that many people taking as long as me on any board. I am 57 so I am gonna take a while then.

I have heard of one person who is in the 30's that is just getting better after 10 years. Another who in 40's got almost better at 5 years and at 7 years is completely better.

Does make sense that you take longer to recover when you are older, no hope for me, 5.5 years off and now 67.

poodlebell

Quote Originally Posted by poodlebell View Post
    Does make sense that you take longer to recover when you are older, no hope for me, 5.5 years off and now 67.
    Poodlebell, please don't you ever give up! I so realize it's already been a long time for you, but as painfully slow as this whole process is, the healing *is* taking place. Every time I have enough of it myself, I start to name those symptoms that either improved or disappeared altogether for me. Stay strong!
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

i also read some old people who have recovered quite well but they were not 15 years taking,
    i read conclusions with graphs stats made by yahoo group benzo people addict(for me benzo=antidepressant) and their conclusions were that older people need more time than younger; and i have to say that at 3 years off i have serious problems and doubt some areas to heal, for example not being able to stand quiet since 4 years(with adding my taper year), unable to exercize since 4 years; i have serious doubt in spite i have actually improvements, but each month so little; i see i will need several years more;
    it is life, so i will make with
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Difficult issue, I was 39 when I quit for the final time, after 5 years use. 2.5 years earlier I had already terrible WD symptoms after 2.5 years use but I will never know how the recovery had would have been if I had not restarted then... but I felt I could not afford getting sick from work and besides I had no knowledge of withdrawal.
    I know the case of Charly G alhough I do not know how long he was taking and indeed he was younger, maybe 30 years or so.
    I am still not sure whether I will fully recover, now at 4.5 years there is improvement but still not healed enough to resume work. Maybe a good sign is thast I normally sleep well, can tolerate all foods, can drive, program, go out with friends,,hike etc. But the neuropatyh is very very persistent. It just wil take a very long time for some of us.
    Recovering from the ravages of withdrawal after 5 years on Paxil/Seroxat, originally prescribed for stress and, looking backward, PTSS.
    Though it is hardly possible to get something positive from the utter hell of repeated c/t's and protracted w/d, all of this unnecessary, I still believe in the possiblity to emerge from this as a healed, wiser human being.
    All we need is just a little patience - Guns N' Roses

Quote Originally Posted by Claudius View Post
    a good sign is thast I normally sleep well, can tolerate all foods, can drive, program, go out with friends,,hike etc. But the neuropatyh is very very persistent. It just wil take a very long time for some of us.
    your improvements are really important; it is even curious that a little few symptoms persists so much!...