Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Nothing works 100 %

In the last couple of decades, they’ve discovered that the brain is far more plastic than they thought, and that new neurons are still created even in old age. Many processes seem to happen a bit slower as we age – except for wisdom, which speeds up – but there is no limit to your healing.

As you get further into recovery, everything you *do* helps your brain heal and develop.

Also, I want to point out that there are people who were on these drugs as teens who are taking many, many years to heal, even though they’re very young.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Quote Originally Posted by poodlebell View Post
    I have heard of one person who is in the 30's that is just getting better after 10 years. Another who in 40's got almost better at 5 years and at 7 years is completely better.
    Does make sense that you take longer to recover when you are older, no hope for me, 5.5 years off and now 67.
    poodlebell
    i am searching what is wrong by me, lose sometime hope when reading people recovered at 3 years, and i at 3 years am in a bad state;

I know the feeling stan, been living in hope for a long long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    In the last couple of decades, they’ve discovered that the brain is far more plastic than they thought, and that new neurons are still created even in old age. Many processes seem to happen a bit slower as we age – except for wisdom, which speeds up – but there is no limit to your healing.

As you get further into recovery, everything you *do* helps your brain heal and develop.

Also, I want to point out that there are people who were on these drugs as teens who are taking many, many years to heal, even though they’re very young.
    This really scares me. I dont want to sit in this hell for so long

Quote Originally Posted by poodlebell View Post
    I have heard of one person who is in the 30's that is just getting better after 10 years. Another who in 40's got almost better at 5 years and at 7 years is completely better.

Does make sense that you take longer to recover when you are older, no hope for me, 5.5 years off and now 67.

poodlebell
    Does anyone know people who are off 10 years and still very bad? Any young people? :'(

It's unpredictable, but it's definitely preferable to be younger going into this recovery. You will heal fast, NH.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Quote Originally Posted by Needinghelp View Post
    Does anyone know people who are off 10 years and still very bad? Any young people? :'(
    i know a man who is 55, approach 10 years and has several problems(he was on cocktails and cold turkeyd several times in hospital) he was drugged something as 15 years; he is better but not enough;
    i know a woman 92 who took 3 differents meds during years and years, hospital cold turkeyd her 2 meds because liver(i thought she will die) she is fine and drinks coffee everyday; she is from my family, she buried all her friends, maybe she will bury me, she walks 17 stairs without stopping, i have to stop, overhelmed chest pain
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

There ya go....a big mystery.....

-- Holger Kalweit