Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Nothing works 100 %

Nothing works 100 %

at three years off, i have to notice that i have any organ, system who functions normally, always lack of some nerves(or receptors...),

i cannot stand quiet, sitting, walking, eating, peeing, speaking, running, looking environment, laughing, crying, drinking, tiping on computer, making a plan, travel, sleeping, have to think at each movement before and during making it;

each small action is exhausting and a feat,
    the first years i was totally broken, but 3 years after off, although i had some improvements, i am really disabled, physical and psychological...

a man who has legs broken lives better than i !...
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

I so feel your pain, Stan. You described it so well in your post - not a single activity feels "normal" for us. Total bizzaredom. I know I'm repeating myself, but wanted to assure you that no matter how small the progress is, we will get to the point when the symptoms are residual, and from then on we will be able to get to the 100% healed state. Just get to the next of the windows - I so remember you had one, and a quite good one, a couple of months ago. You're very very brave, My Friend!

Every time I think "enough is enough", I then tell myself (often out loud!) - "in early WD it was worse, much worse".
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

I had this too Stan. I know exactly what you are talking about. I had to talk my way through the simplest of tasks. Everything was so, so hard and overwhelming and the littlest thing could reduce me to tears or rage. Little things breaking in the house, disputed bills, and all the little hassle of life decimated me... I am telling you it gets better. If I had to put a number on it I'd say it's about 75% improved and I have every confidence that it will improve more. The other thing i've noticed is that I am not as sensitive emotionally. My feelings don't get hurt as easily. I am also not as fearful. All of these things are related and bit by bit they will improve.

thank you Mike,

i remember some of your posts i read at PP, with many percentage of each symptom you had;

75 % is always good to take, it allows you to function near normal; it is much for me as i have maybe 30 or 40 % since a while
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

That’s a great thread title, Stan!

I am reading the Laura Bruno book: If I only had a brain injury. And she describes how much mental focus it takes in early neuro recovery to do things that used to be automatic. And she has fully healed.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Do we have a brain injury ? i know that sounds like a silly question ! but interested to know what you all think.

French Café Moderator Cosette123's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrel View Post
    Do we have a brain injury ? i know that sounds like a silly question ! but interested to know what you all think.
    I believe that we have had a brain injury because of the drugs and healing will take a lot of time...
    Severe anxiety since childhood .SSRIs for OCD.
    Major traumatism in my life:Prozac during short periods.
    Deroxat (=Paxil) during 7 years.
    Three unsuccessful atempts to quit.
    Deroxat free since may 2008 (Cold turkey )

Quote Originally Posted by squirrel View Post
    Not in a sense of a car accident trauma, but yes, this is a brain injury. You're right here, Squirrel. The thing is that it's reversible, and we just need some time to heal from it. The CNS has to re-wire itself, create new connections, etc.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Is 7 years not long enough to have made new connections ?????

at three years off i have not made many new connections, i am totally disconnect disrupt

7 years? apparently not enough for total reversibility, still some days needed