Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: BiPolar Type2 Verses Thyroid Cancer

Welcome Mem2,

I’m so sorry to hear of the merry go round you have been on for years that included one different psychiatric drug after another that have all proven to be failures.

You have shown a lot of courage in sharing your story with IAWP. Clearly, it will help other members and hopefully the site will be of help to you.

"You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star." -- Nietzsche

OK, that’s helpful that you are able to tolerate some exercise.

And I have to admit meditation has been very helpful to me in dealing with this neuro recovery, even though I resisted it my whole life. It really has helped me with the extreme, chronic anxiety, and it’s the *only* way I can fall asleep.

I’m another Type A who has been forced to slow down dramatically. I’ve had to surrender; deepen and sharpen my focus on what I want from life; and open up spiritually. Very hard journey!

Are knitting and writing passions of yours?

Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Mem2,
    I have been so touched by your story and fortitude through this time. I wonder if you have any words of advice for one who is dealing with overwhelming anger at all of the doctors who missed my underlying endocrine failure over 10+ years? I have not been diagnosed with cancer as you were but still have a few scans to do. I think a certain amount of anger can be motivating, but recently it has been consuming and detrimental.
    You certainly have a full plate. Please know that you are an inspiration!
    I wish you all good things and continued improvement.
    BB
    18 years on psychotropics for anergic depression that progressed to major depression.
    Tapered Pristiq (desvenlafaxine) over 8 months ending Spring 2011.
    Currently on Klonopin 1 mg and trazodone 75 mg at night.
    Polyendocrine failure and liver disease diagnosed 1/2012.

Hi Mem2, welcome to the forum. Thank you for posting your story, it touched me deeply. I am so sorry for the treatment you got . I want to wish you all the best for your health and the future.