Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Hi there! 16 years of antidepressants and other medication...

All too recogizable, also for me the WD symptoms did not kick in after 6 weeks after the last dose. But they hit suddenly, and indeed the only way to get rid of them was taking the drug again. At that time I still had no idea about WD and got back to my GP who just told me "some people needed those meds" and I should take them for life. It ia a bloddy bloddy shame those people get paid for getting people sick, I can only complare this to the Holocaust were people got paid to murder innocent people.
    Your P-doc is a criminal in my eyes, but as we already discussed, it is virtually implssible to sue a doc unless they amputated the wrong leg or so... something that is to prove without doubt. We are pretty powerless in sueing them and get recoginition, but at least we have had the power to withdraw from those drugs and from the web of lies and cheat surrounding them...
    Recovering from the ravages of withdrawal after 5 years on Paxil/Seroxat, originally prescribed for stress and, looking backward, PTSS.
    Though it is hardly possible to get something positive from the utter hell of repeated c/t's and protracted w/d, all of this unnecessary, I still believe in the possiblity to emerge from this as a healed, wiser human being.
    All we need is just a little patience - Guns N' Roses

What I noticed within this year of slow tapering, is that every time I cutted back a dose, is that I maily siffered psychical symptoms in the first two weeks, and then the psychological problems start to arise, and they can last for more than three weeks.
    Than it calmes down a bit, but linger for quit a while.( months)

So today I notice the dizzyness, metallic taste in the mouth, muslce tightness in the nek shoulders and lower back, a light but persistent headache, and some flu like symptoms. ( hot an cold) Sometimes it gets accompanied with upset bowels.
    I dindt sleep well. I had a nightmare, and was frequently awake during the night. Night sweats.

Today I increased the intake of the fish oil to to capsules instead of one. maybe this can help me trough the worst of symptoms.

Quote Originally Posted by Claudius View Post
    All too recogizable, also for me the WD symptoms did not kick in after 6 weeks after the last dose. ...
    Yes! That is almost the same amount of time it took for me to suffer severe psychological WD symptoms! It appeared if they were coming out of nowhere. My physical symptoms were allready calmed down, exept for short memory function, concentration issues) some kind of dyslexia ( wich I never had before) and a gerenal loss of pleasurerable feelings. ( I forgot the name)

But they hit suddenly, and indeed the only way to get rid of them was taking the drug again. At that time I still had no idea about WD and got back to my GP who just told me "some people needed those meds" and I should take them for life. It ia a bloddy bloddy shame those people get paid for getting people sick, I can only complare this to the Holocaust were people got paid to murder innocent people.
    Your P-doc is a criminal in my eyes, but as we already discussed, it is virtually implssible to sue a doc unless they amputated the wrong leg or so... something that is to prove without doubt. We are pretty powerless in sueing them and get recoginition, but at least we have had the power to withdraw from those drugs and from the web of lies and cheat surrounding them...
    I get angry while reading your story because of the similarity!

I was told the same thing: I would need those meds for the rest of my life! Hell no!

AS I wrote you, I am still thinking about a creative way to raise awareness about this, and I firmly beleive that one day this WD thing will be publicly known to a lot of people.

There are just to many people using AD's that will find themselves in the same postion that we are in now. There are also lawers, psychologists, doctors, writers, journalists,who take AD's, so amongst them there will be someone who will open the box!

Quote Originally Posted by sterre View Post
    I also felt that if i didnt take the AD's the contact with my P-doc ( who was also my therapist for six years) was at stake. So I started again, and the symptoms dissapeared like snow on a sunny day.

So I started AD's again, this time I went back to the brand I started with 16 years ago ( fevarine) and I refused a cocktail of different AD's. My P-doc wanted me to take some AP's and benzo's, to ad to the cocktail.

I never took them, and started tapering off the AD's, without the consent of my P-doc. So, after a while I got crying spells, and became very tired and hypersensitive. For my P-doc that was again the proof that I really really needed the pills.
    I argued with her that it was WD, because I started to recognize a pattern in the symptoms taht where arising. When the symptoms got to bad, I took a prevouis dose, and POOF, within a day, the symptoms where gone!

How is that for some psychological magic huh?

I notice that I still get very angry thinking back at her disblief and her religiuos mania to get me back on those pills!

After 5 months of tapering, my P-doc and me, could go on with our therapeutic talk anymore. She refused to help me any longer if I would refuse to take the bloody pills.
    She argued everything and every single symptom with me. In her mind none of my problems had any correlation to the tapering. I was amazed by her unwiilingness to admit that it where WD symptoms that where causing problems.
    I did a lot of research and found a lot of proof that confirmed my experience. I took it with me when I went to see my P-doc, and still she refused to aknowlegde it were WD symptoms.

So, our contact ended, abrubtly,six months ago. She said she could help me anymore So there I was, on my own, no help,no support.

I read this mail once over again and I can only come to one conclusion, your P-doc is a criminal, a liar and not worth calling herself a doctor. It is her job to help you and not to destroy your body and soul with a cocktail of extremely dangerous chemicals. It sounds to me that she just like to experiment with people to see how they react on mixtures of brain-altering chemicals and that makes her not better than dr. Mengele of the Auschwitz camp.
    I think you have every right to issue a formal complaint against her, as already mailed you I did this last year and included some scientific articles. In any case, she should be helpful in searching another doctor if you have lost all trust in her. Look at the website of her practice and there will probably some name and address to issue tthe complaint.
    This is not curing people, this is slowly murdering them! And given in account that you are a mother of young children, playing with your life makes it an even bigger crime!
    She should be ashamed of herself!!!
    Recovering from the ravages of withdrawal after 5 years on Paxil/Seroxat, originally prescribed for stress and, looking backward, PTSS.
    Though it is hardly possible to get something positive from the utter hell of repeated c/t's and protracted w/d, all of this unnecessary, I still believe in the possiblity to emerge from this as a healed, wiser human being.

All too recogizable, also for me the WD symptoms did not kick in after 6 weeks after the last dose.
    Please, remind me, Claudius - if you counted those 6 weeks in, how many months would you be off precisely?
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

My last dose of 10 mg was on 31 August 2007, so if i count from that point, I am now off for 4 years and 7 months, making 55 months.
    I still tend to exclode the first symptom-free 6 weeks from this period, although how longer the total period is, how smaller the relative difference between exlusive or inclusive those 6 weeks...
    But I know the storiy of Charly Groenendijk needing 7 years, so I know that the upcoming 2 years more healing can and will come.

hi Sterre,

i am amazed by your knowledge about these drugs effects, you seem know all; until now, it seems to be well,
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

I read this mail once over again and I can only come to one conclusion, your P-doc is a criminal, a liar and not worth calling herself a doctor. It is her job to help you and not to destroy your body and soul with a cocktail of extremely dangerous chemicals. It sounds to me that she just like to experiment with people to see how they react on mixtures of brain-altering chemicals and that makes her not better than dr. Mengele of the Auschwitz camp.
    I think you have every right to issue a formal complaint against her, as already mailed you I did this last year and included some scientific articles. In any case, she should be helpful in searching another doctor if you have lost all trust in her. Look at the website of her practice and there will probably some name and address to issue tthe complaint.
    This is not curing people, this is slowly murdering them! And given in account that you are a mother of young children, playing with your life makes it an even bigger crime!
    She should be ashamed of herself!!!
    i totally agree, Claudius
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

I dont feel very well at the moment. My muscles are cramped up, and there is a mind fog hanging over me. I am aggitated and restless. It feels like I am in a fog or something.

I am going to try to sleep in a couple of minutes.....hope I sleep well tonight.

My body is obviously in WD. I hope it wont backfire to harsh on me, because I did the slow tapering for more than over a year now.

We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by sterre View Post
    I dont feel very well at the moment. My muscles are cramped up, and there is a mind fog hanging over me. I am aggitated and restless. It feels like I am in a fog or something.

I am going to try to sleep in a couple of minutes.....hope I sleep well tonight.

My body is obviously in WD. I hope it wont backfire to harsh on me, because I did the slow tapering for more than over a year now.

We'll see.
    Hang in there, Sterre! It's only temporary, you just have to ride this out. This "fog" you mention is all too common in WD, it's often referred to as derealisation/depersonalisation, and it's a very eerie feeling indeed. Your CNS is re-wiring itself every single moment, and at some point you will reach the point of healing.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.