Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: The Recovery Will Happen - Luc's journal

hi Luc,

you will be a new rebuilt human, not perfect in the beginning, it depends from your ability to adjust things;

"normal" i do not know how much, but a new rebuilt is sure; and you will have to adapt to it, whether you like it or not! no choice;
    my rebuilder has made me some mistakes, i will have to make him a lawsuit
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Quote Originally Posted by stan View Post
    hi Luc,

you will be a new rebuilt human, not perfect in the beginning, it depends from your ability to adjust things;

"normal" i do not know how much, but a new rebuilt is sure; and you will have to adapt to it, whether you like it or not! no choice;
    Stan, I like your humour re: the "bold text". (lol)

As far as rebuilts go. I plan on feeling 20 years younger once I'm fully recovered.

This WD state made us feel as if we were 100 years old. Once we recover we will feel many, many years younger than our chronological age. So, Mr. Stan and Mr. Luc..........prepare yourselves for a rebirth in the near future.

Ms. Samsara

Quote Originally Posted by Luc View Post
    In about 10 days' time I'm starting my 4th year off of Paxil (plus 6 months off of Xanax c/t). Yes, it's better than in early WD. Yes, I believe in the 100% healing eventually happening somewhere down the road. Yet I found this stage of WD utterly bizzare - it's what Stan wrote in one of his threads - seems like some of the emotions that stayed dormant for years on end b/c of the drugs are very slowly starting to surface, and the predominant feeling (apart from the symptoms) is this piercing sadness. I catch myself telling myself at least a hundred times a day, "I just want to be normal". But we still need to be patient. Hang in there, folks!
    __________________________________________________ _________

You WILL be NORMAL again. I realize it's such a distant memory. In fact, unable to recall the memory of "being normal" but at some point these emotional WD induce symptoms will lose their grip on us. In the meantime, we have to "keep on kicking" the painful feelings away as much as possible. Certainly, not an easy feat since they can be unrelenting and profound in nature but all we can do is try to distract as often as possible via a variety of means, and ride out this painful time.

I realize that I'm not giving you any advice that you aren't already implementing/applying. I do realize you are doing all you can. Just don't wish for you to think that I'm implying otherwise.

I hope this painful time passes very soon!

Keep on Kicking. Just keep on kicking!

Stan, we could use some empowering karate kicking emoticons. (lol)

Samsara

Yes, Sam. We will regain the normality again. What incredible contrast there is going to be between the suffering of now and the future no-symptom life. We will get there!
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Quote Originally Posted by stan View Post
    Great one, Stan!

Hi Luc.............

I have finally been able to read a few Intros and just wish to express a few thoughts to acknowledge the WD journey you have been through and continue to navigate through.

I have expressed many thoughts within my posts, throughout your thread so I will try not to repeat too many of them. No doubt, you have been on a horrific journey and as I've mentioned many times before, your incredible strength and determination to continue to work throughout WD is nothing short of heroic as well as unimaginable for many of us to grasp.

I'm so very sorry for all that you have endured and continue to endure. Despite your suffering, you have taken time to help so many to keep the faith and to "Keep Walking".

Soon, you will begin to experience many more improvements in the coming months. This has been an horrific journey for you and I feel for your suffering and thus, I sincerely wish you many beautiful years of happiness, health and meaningful experiences in the future to make up for all the pain, suffering and losses that you have incurred during these past years.

You are heading towards the last phases of WD now...........where things will become easier and easier. Life won't feel as tortured, as strained, as foreign nor as challenging to navigate through. All of your "walking" will bring you to a place of rest..........where you will be able to "be still" and feel the joy of a smooth functioning CNS.

Continued Healing, Full Recovery and Ultimate Peace to You!

Samsara

Quote Originally Posted by Samsara View Post
    You are heading towards the last phases of WD now...........where things will become easier and easier. Life won't feel as tortured, as strained, as foreign nor as challenging to navigate through. All of your "walking" will bring you to a place of rest..........where you will be able to "be still" and feel the joy of a smooth functioning CNS.
    Thank you so much, Samsara. These are very very helpful words. Hang in there bravely, too!

In a couple of days I'll be 3 years off of Paxil (c/t). Though it's not over for me yet, I fully realize that I've improved. Yes, there're the symptoms that I hate with all my heart, and which are very very stubborn, but every waking moment I tell myself to appreciate the difference between the early WD and the present moment.

If only there were fewer ruminatons and I wasn't physically drained so extremely these days, it would be easier. Still, in the days to come I'll try to do some super gentle physical exercises - I so hope my CNS won't get stirred-up too much - every time I did *any* physical thing in WD, the symptoms sky-rocketed. Though it's a dreadful thought (possibility of the symptoms worsening), I MUST eventually take care of the muscles and respiratory system and work on the endurance. At least a super-tiny bit. I will keep you posted about the progress.

French Café Moderator Cosette123's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Luc View Post
    In a couple of days I'll be 3 years off of Paxil (c/t). Though it's not over for me yet, I fully realize that I've improved. Yes, there're the symptoms that I hate with all my heart, and which are very very stubborn, but every waking moment I tell myself to appreciate the difference between the early WD and the present moment.

If only there were fewer ruminatons and I wasn't physically drained so extremely these days, it would be easier. Still, in the days to come I'll try to do some super gentle physical exercises - I so hope my CNS won't get stirred-up too much - every time I did *any* physical thing in WD, the symptoms sky-rocketed. Though it's a dreadful thought (possibility of the symptoms worsening), I MUST eventually take care of the muscles and respiratory system and work on the endurance. At least a super-tiny bit. I will keep you posted about the progress.
    Luc I can express the same feelings than you:I am now 43 months off Paxil and I really have improvements. Except in the physical domain:I still have spasticity, I am off balance and I am unable to walk easily. I think that I should make more physical exercises but each time I try do do them I feel more anxious again (Like today).
    Severe anxiety since childhood .SSRIs for OCD.
    Major traumatism in my life:Prozac during short periods.
    Deroxat (=Paxil) during 7 years.
    Three unsuccessful atempts to quit.
    Deroxat free since may 2008 (Cold turkey )

Luc and Cosette -- You might be able to tolerate exercise if you start at a super-low level and increase super-slowly. I mean, something like starting with one minute of stretching or stairs per day. Do that for a week. Then, one minute of stretching or stairs twice a day. Do that for a week. Etc. I have had great success with this method. The goal is to stay under the radar of the dysautonomia. Eventually, you can build up to a good amount of exercise, but then you still want to be flexible, and decrease your exercise a bit during bad waves. Good luck! Exercise is good for anxiety, neurogenesis, sleep, etc. So, it's worth being super-patient.

P.S. Intensity matters. You also have to increase intensity super-slowly, just as you would increase duration and frequency super-slowly.

<< not like this

<< yes, like this
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit