Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: The Recovery Will Happen - Luc's journal

Good work Luc, WD will finally pass as we all know here. Even the 5th and 6th year can still bring lots of positive changes! I suffer from some of the same issues now, ruminations and anhedonia which I however more contribute to traumatic episodes than the drug itself. But being independent of the drug is a victory by itself!
    Recovering from the ravages of withdrawal after 5 years on Paxil/Seroxat, originally prescribed for stress and, looking backward, PTSS.
    Though it is hardly possible to get something positive from the utter hell of repeated c/t's and protracted w/d, all of this unnecessary, I still believe in the possiblity to emerge from this as a healed, wiser human being.
    All we need is just a little patience - Guns N' Roses

Thank you, guys. Yes, just a little bit more and it will improve still further. Claudius, I'm pretty sure you're still healing too, which is actually good news, and those bad emotions you're experiencing may to some degree be a residual WD.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

In recent time, I have managed to slightly improve the physical side. I have been upping the volume of physical exertion very very slowly. Every day now, I get outside twice, each time slowly walking for about 250 metres (taking two short breakes - I sit on a bench), and I extend those walks a very tiny bit daily. At home, I do the dishes, water the flowers, hang clothes on the line, and then fold them all up and put away in the wardrobe, and a couple of more, tiny things. I manage to find in it some modicum of satisfaction, though, most importantly, the very fact that I am able to do them all is very important. In the coming months, I'll be adding more to it.

As for walking, I'm also doing it to acclimate my psyche with more stimuli, alleviate agoraphobia, and to speed up neuroplasticity.

I also started taking magnesium, fish oil and Vitamin C. So far, no side-effects.

Though it's still rough, I remember myself of the early WD hell, and I thank the entire Universe that I'm no longer in it.

I have no doubt that the healing DOES happen eventually, even if it may take so long for some of us... Once it happens for me, I promise to write about it in this very thread. Keep walking, Everybody!

Hi Luc my dear friend,

So pleased you are slowly moving forward....and most importantly, that you find some degree of satisfaction in the "little" things, which as we know, can feel like such monumental steps.

I take fish oil and Vitamin C daily too....I haven't noticed a difference for the better but not for the worse either so I keep taking it....I have no fish in my diet at all (can't stand it!) so I'm hoping it's helping on some level.

Lotty
    xx
    Started Seroxat/Paxil 1995. Currently at 5.5mg Seroxat/Paxil & 1mg xanax (0.5mg twice a day)

Quote Originally Posted by Lotty View Post
    I take fish oil and Vitamin C daily too....I haven't noticed a difference for the better but not for the worse either so I keep taking it....I have no fish in my diet at all (can't stand it!) so I'm hoping it's helping on some level.
    In that case the fish oil is very important. Keep taking it, Lotty. There are a few supplements that seem to be are safer than others, among them fish oil. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Luc View Post
    In that case the fish oil is very important. Keep taking it, Lotty. There are a few supplements that seem to be are safer than others, among them fish oil. :)
    I will Luc, but it's EXPENSIVE!! I take a very good quality brand...will not be easy to maintain now that I am not working. I do believe that in the case of fish oil, it's important to do a bit a bit of research and take a very reputable, "pure" brand. Despite the fact that I am very suspicious of ALL marketing of pharmaceuticals AND natural supplements these days.
    Started Seroxat/Paxil 1995. Currently at 5.5mg Seroxat/Paxil & 1mg xanax (0.5mg twice a day)

Slowly and carefully Luc is going out!...

i know this, i am going out every day in a same kind of exhaustion, every day it is a challenge to do a small walk!...
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

I will Luc, but it's EXPENSIVE!! I take a very good quality brand...will not be easy to maintain now that I am not working. I do believe that in the case of fish oil, it's important to do a bit a bit of research and take a very reputable, "pure" brand. Despite the fact that I am very suspicious of ALL marketing of pharmaceuticals AND natural supplements these days.
    Also eggs have lots of Omega-3 in them, not much less than tuna for instance. Would be worth trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Luc View Post
    Also eggs have lots of Omega-3 in them, not much less than tuna for instance. Would be worth trying.
    Thank you Luc:)...you are so kind.
    I do eat eggs actually...not as regularly as I should though.

When did you start with the supplements Luc?

xxxx

When did you start with the supplements Luc?
    I tried them earlier on, but I felt it was too early. The time has come, I think, to check them out. I started this week. Though there're no hard and fast rules. Everyone is different - some say they help them even in early WD, some can't tolerate them far far off.