Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: The Recovery Will Happen - Luc's journal

Quote Originally Posted by Luc View Post
    PS I just wish those mind-splitting ruminations would go away...
    Luc, have you tried simple techniques like thought stopping or thought substitution? I found that if I could get away from the topic that I was ruminating about for even a few minutes that it took away the power of the rumination. It took practice but I got a lot better at it and it really helped. For me it became an issue of realizing how unhealthy the rumination was and caring about myself enough to do something about it. I've had a lot of improvement in this area. Some of it due to using techniques such as this and some of it due to time alone...
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anaïs Nin

Hey, Claudius. This one specific trauma is not connnected with bullying, but equally hard to forget. We must stay patient though. I have no doubt that at some point the symptoms will reach more reasonable levels on average, and then the complete healing will happen. Yes, it's painfully slow, but it's happening. I constantly remind myself "do you remember early WD? Would you like to go back there?" Step by step. No matter how many waves, and no matter how intense they can get at times, we must eventually reach the Finish Line in WD.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Yes, Mike - I use this on a regular basis. I do all my best to switch off those thoughts. It's so good to hear you've improved in there - it's a long, long process, but at least this early WD will never be back.

This is beautifully wrought. Reading this gave me hope. I was effexor for about five to six years, 150, then 75mg. We tried Pristiq, then Viibrid for one mos each without proper taper from the effexor. I'm now three weeks on nothing and I feel like I am going to die. The fatigue is unbearable along with electric stabbing sensations that come and go. I've started a journal and both Sheila and Luc have been so sweet sending thoughts. There was some bit of a taper, but not much. I'm young and have so much I want to do with my life. I just hope it passes and pray atleast in a matter of mos. Peace and blessings. I've contacted point of return for their supplements.

Sincerely,
    Maia Marie

Maia -- I'm glad this gave you some hope! You have good reason to be hopeful even though you are in hell temporarily right now. You have much to look forward to in your life!

Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Maia, the healing process is never the same - for some it takes much shorter than for others. That is why we need to always hope for the best. Whenever possible, try updating your journal to share with us how you're feeling. The absolutely *most* important thing is that you *know* the reason why you're experiencing what you're experiencing, and that there *is* a way out of it. Hang in there bravely!

42 months off of Paxil and 48 months off of Xanax (both c/t). Some setbacks recently; http://antidepressantwithdrawal.info...elp-and-advice

but not giving up. The WD Rubik's Cube will eventually get solved.

Your perseverance and optimism are excellent, Luc!

Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

21st June 2012. Despite the still present intense ruminations, physical pain, anhedonia, and others, I more and more realize how, on average, how less tortuous it is now than in early WD. So, still some way to go, but I will get there. We will all get there. Doing all I can to take my mind off of WD, and put all this time to good use.
    Last edited by Luc; 06-21-2012 at 01:51 PM.

some more months and it will be more better