Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: The Recovery Will Happen - Luc's journal

Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

I had to limit the volume of exercises, and then this week I won't be doing much in that respect - the symptoms worsened. The good news is that, despite this rough time now, I feel more motivated to take up the exercises again, and will do some by the end of this week, I think. Taking it slowly, as slowly as possible.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Thinking of you Luc, and sending you my warmest wishes.

Lotty
    xxx
    Started Seroxat/Paxil 1995. Currently at 5.5mg Seroxat/Paxil & 1mg xanax (0.5mg twice a day)

Quote Originally Posted by Luc View Post
    For a couple of days now I've been doing very mild physical exercises - though I still experience the worsening of symptoms, it looks like this time around those are slighty less intense than in my previous attempts. Yes, it's rough, but I am hanging in here. Undertaking, at least some, physical activity is a must in my situation - I hope for some neuroplasticity to happen. I'll keep you posted about the progress, folks.
    Luc-

The NYT article below suggests that even mild exercise is helpful for the CNS... Have you thought about increasing the frequency but not the duration of your exercise? For years I could walk for about 15 minutes but any more than that and I'd have an exacerbation lasting 1-3 days. This threshold wouldn't budge so I decided to increase the frequency and for two years I did 3, 15 minute walks a day.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/22/ma...me&ref=general

Thanks for this piece of info, Mike. I really appreciate it. As a matter of fact, I'll try this strategy as soon as possible. The volume indeed doesn't seem to be the way to go, even if in the first 10 days it seemed to work. Later on, I have this impression the exertion starts to accumulate, and your body just goes on strike. Thanks again!

Later on, I have this impression the exertion starts to accumulate, and your body just goes on strike. Thanks again!
    This is an interesting point. A lot of things seem to work this way in our particular neuro situation. I do think our systems can't keep up with reestablishing homeostasis after any event -- something which the normal body does quickly and invisibly. So, events (and their impact, even small) accumulate.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    I do think our systems can't keep up with reestablishing homeostasis after any event -- something which the normal body does quickly and invisibly. So, events (and their impact, even small) accumulate.
    That's precisely it. Our bodies have a problem with metabolizing on all levels; physical, psychological and emotional. Even the part and parcel of WD - the unbelievably vivid painful thoughts of past psychological traumas are metabolism-related.

I'm so sorry I haven't been around for quite a while, but it hit me big time around 10 days ago. I know the cause of it, though - I had this major physical exertion, not even any exercises, just had to move some things a couple of floors to my flat, and had no other choice, even in my state. What happened next was mind-boggling. The severity of symptoms was out of this world, dysautonomia hit 100fold. My mind went into some crazy mode. I'm trying to stabilise it a bit now. I'm writing about it, so you would, folks, remember to, if only possible, avoid doing anything that may rock your WD-boat. Anything excessive, and not going the middle-way will most likely cause a severe backlash. We must be patient until it all settles down.

PS I just wish those mind-splitting ruminations would go away...

PS I just wish those mind-splitting ruminations would go away...
    Yes I know them too well as you probably will remember. During the first year of WD they were so strong that they drove me nearly to murder and suicide. Still I am not free of those thoughts but they are not psychotic anymore, it is mroe that I have to cope with things that happend and I was powerless handle the things that happened to me long ago. But at the same time, during WD I learned that I was not able to stand for myself since childhood and that had become a behavioural pattern which made me freeze (instead of fight of flee) each time a nasty person crossed my path and offended me. At least I have leanred those lessons finally and I live more in the Now, with thanks to Eckhart Tolle too :)
    You never told about the nature of your past trauma and of course do not need to do that but I wonder if it is also some kind of bullying or abuse. This is of course something that can devastate you self-esteem and self-reference and that is exactly hat happend to me and drove me to the drugs.
    Recovering from the ravages of withdrawal after 5 years on Paxil/Seroxat, originally prescribed for stress and, looking backward, PTSS.
    Though it is hardly possible to get something positive from the utter hell of repeated c/t's and protracted w/d, all of this unnecessary, I still believe in the possiblity to emerge from this as a healed, wiser human being.
    All we need is just a little patience - Guns N' Roses