Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Angies withdrawhell journal

Quote Originally Posted by stan View Post
    we are survivor, many are swallowing and even do not know what is happening them
    Very wise words, Stan.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

French Café Moderator Cosette123's Avatar
    Stan is our wise and good fellow.
    Severe anxiety since childhood .SSRIs for OCD.
    Major traumatism in my life:Prozac during short periods.
    Deroxat (=Paxil) during 7 years.
    Three unsuccessful atempts to quit.
    Deroxat free since may 2008 (Cold turkey )

You guys, really are the BEST, thank you for all your reassurance and support, i appreciate it more than words can ever say!!!!

Well my friends,

Easter passed, and it wasnt without stress here unfortunately, Saturday was tears and anxiety, Sunday depression, Monday low and tearful, Today viusal lag, weird dizzy head, teary,anxiety and restlessness,
    feeling hopeless and helpless.
    What did i escape in the symptom charts for my 56month long taper i wonder.
    Anyway, i popped here for some reassurance and a friendly hand to hold, maybe 11months off is just a bad phase of wd i dont know, but im ready for this wave?? if thats what it is to be over as soon as it likes.

Angie,

i would say at 11 months off it could be a "normal" state, yes you have made a 56 months taper so you have delayed your tapering suffering, but after off, maybe you have some months to wait; you were a long time on : 14 years is much;
    i read that taper many months was not a guarantie to not suffer, but the worst is behind for you; i followed your story,
    i honestly think that still some months more and you will be well...
    it is fantastic, you are in the last stage after so many years;
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Aw Stan,

What a lovely post to write, from one fellow sufferer to another, you are right, slow slow taper does NOT guarantee less suffering, i suffered like a dog and worse, I have been to places physically and mentally i
    never ever thought existed, and it has so slowly gotten a little better. I am so sorry that anyone has to go through this to come off a legal prescription drug, its criminal, but...... it is true, i can only hope and pray that the worst is behind, and there is a lot lot better to come.
    Thank you my friend, may we all have a peaceful, restful time after this, we sure earned it lol xx

Well im back to tell you all, that the latest wave still persists, but far far less intense than it has been, the intensity of this is comparable to the early stages of wd, but none the less still very evident.
    I managed to have a better day on Friday and attended a family party friday night, the anxiety ramped as i was getting ready to go, but dissipated during the evening, Saturday was not too bad either, although still having some weird off feelings mentally, and Today a little teary with weird off feelings, but i guess, its an improvement that im pleased to share with you all.

As i approach my ONE year off, im a little apprehensive as to what awaits me, as most report a bad wave, but i guess, i cant buy into others experiences, we are all so diffrent, what applies to one, doesnt happen to another always, so onwards and upwards, and keep walking through i suppose, but admit to all here, that the depression which feels so chemical, its not normal low mood -really scares me, so i may be back for a hand to hold IF i get a return of that.

Quote Originally Posted by angie007 View Post
    As i approach my ONE year off, im a little apprehensive as to what awaits me, as most report a bad wave, but i guess, i cant buy into others experiences, we are all so diffrent, what applies to one, doesnt happen to another always, so onwards and upwards, and keep walking through i suppose, but admit to all here, that the depression which feels so chemical, its not normal low mood -really scares me, so i may be back for a hand to hold IF i get a return of that.
    Absolutely so, Angie. We vary - some recuperate faster, for some it takes much longer. You're doing just fine. Your system is re-wiring every day, and it's going to heal eventually. No doubt about it.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

i think that you will less suffer and better recover than a classical people in withdrawal in the same situation; why? because you tapered slowly 56 months, so you have maybe all mixed in more time, this is my thought

You guys here really are brilliant, I came here for support and thats exactly what i got, think i may have spoken too soon though, iv had a return of horrible anxiety today, no trigger, just out the blue.
    Im so grateful to have found you all, GOD knows where i would be without the support of others who have walked in these shoes, im more than ready to hang them up now, just as soon as i can lol, patience is a
    virtue i know, after almost 7 long yrs it wears a bit thin now and then.

But LUC ur right, we will all heal eventually, thank you for reminding me x