Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Lotty's Withdrawal

Hybrid View

It's good to see you, Lotty! I hope you're letting yourself at least read the site -- there are uplifting, thought-provoking things posted daily. See if you can find something in "Start-ups" or "Joe Sent Me" that helps you to feel a bit better.

Yes, as Luc says, the slower you go, the faster you may get through this in the end. It's a paradox.

Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    It's good to see you, Lotty! I hope you're letting yourself at least read the site -- there are uplifting, thought-provoking things posted daily. See if you can find something in "Start-ups" or "Joe Sent Me" that helps you to feel a bit better.

Yes, as Luc says, the slower you go, the faster you may get through this in the end. It's a paradox.

Sheila, you are so lovely!!!!!!!!! It warms my heart when you reply to my posts....
    If I ever get through this, I must meet you all.
    Have any of the core members actually met in person?
    Lotty
    xxx
    Started Seroxat/Paxil 1995. Currently at 5.5mg Seroxat/Paxil & 1mg xanax (0.5mg twice a day)

Quote Originally Posted by Lotty View Post
    Have any of the core members actually met in person?
    No, not many IAWP members have met IRL. We’re waiting for you to be 100%. Then, we’ll come for a walk in the beautiful woods near you! ;)

Regarding being home alone sick for a long time, I do think it's crucial that you do something. Whatever you can manage. Being dependent on people is an unavoidable part of this -- if you can walk the dogs with your neighbor, I think that's a great thing.

The goal is to distract, do mild neuro rehabilitation, prevent worsening, show yourself that you care about yourself a lot. So, anything -- visiting IAWP, walking in your wonderful woods, watching *uplifting* videos, finger painting. Anything, just do something wholesome for yourself.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Lotty, one more thing came to my mind - even if every move hurts, even if nothing, absolutely nothing seems to bring any relief whatsoever, when all is bleak and nothing makes any sense, when you do even one or two super tiny things a day, be it washing one dish, writing two posts, or simply surviving one more day w/o doing either the former or the latter at the time when the circumstances are very very dire, is a lot when suffering from WD. Here's the deal - whether it's one dish washed, two posts made, or simply surviving the next day, these ALL constitute great, symbolic victories, and every single day you should tell yourself "I've done something" and latch your mind on it, and rationally (if emotionally it's not possible b/c of WD) tick them off as "done". It really helps.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Quote Originally Posted by Luc View Post
    Lotty, one more thing came to my mind - even if every move hurts, even if nothing, absolutely nothing seems to bring any relief whatsoever, when all is bleak and nothing makes any sense, when you do even one or two super tiny things a day, be it washing one dish, writing two posts, or simply surviving one more day w/o doing either the former or the latter at the time when the circumstances are very very dire, is a lot when suffering from WD. Here's the deal - whether it's one dish washed, two posts made, or simply surviving the next day, these ALL constitute great, symbolic victories, and every single day you should tell yourself "I've done something" and latch your mind on it, and rationally (if emotionally it's not possible b/c of WD) tick them off as "done". It really helps.
    Luc,

I have made 2 posts today.

xxxx
    Started Seroxat/Paxil 1995. Currently at 5.5mg Seroxat/Paxil & 1mg xanax (0.5mg twice a day)

No, not many IAWP members have met IRL. We’re waiting for you to be 100%. Then, we’ll come for a walk in the beautiful woods near you! ;)

Regarding being home alone sick for a long time, I do think it's crucial that you do something. Whatever you can manage. Being dependent on people is an unavoidable part of this -- if you can walk the dogs with your neighbor, I think that's a great thing.

The goal is to distract, do mild neuro rehabilitation, prevent worsening, show yourself that you care about yourself a lot. So, anything -- visiting IAWP, walking in your wonderful woods, watching *uplifting* videos, finger painting. Anything, just do something wholesome for yourself.
    If we ever meet Sheila, and I am even 50% better than I am now, I won't be walking, I'll be dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotty View Post
    If we ever meet Sheila, and I am even 50% better than I am now, I won't be walking, I'll be dancing.

Good show, Lotty!

Lotty, dancing in her woods.

-- Holger Kalweit

I hope you're letting yourself at least read the site -- there are uplifting, thought-provoking things posted daily. See if you can find something in "Start-ups" or "Joe Sent Me" that helps you to feel a bit better.
    These are very true words. Lotty, as much as it's incredibly difficult to perform the easiest of tasks in WD, try doing a tiny bit of posting from time to time. I'm myself having often lots of trouble with it every time the wave deepens, but I do all I can to at least post a tiny bit if I only can. It sometimes feels like an insurmountable task, but it may really help you go through the worst. It's so great to hear you feel good here - this place is a home from home for many of us, too. Stay brave!
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

I have a very similar schedule, gD, and, I, too, find it very helpful. It helps keep my self-esteem from completely tanking, and in addition to taking care of myself and maintaining my life at a basic level, it creates some security -- a kind of "holding environment."

-- Holger Kalweit

Just dropped by to see how you're doing Lotty?