Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Lotty's Withdrawal

Hello dear Stan,

I am so happy that your akathisia has decreased. When you say you had it for many months, was it pretty much all the time?

Yes I am tense (my body is certainly never relaxed) but my mental symptoms are far worse than my physical.

I really hope you have a lovely window soon my friend.

Lotty
    xxx

it was from very severe(when a little stress(a tree, a wall..)) to severe, and less at night; it was standing akathisia with mental suffering, unable to stand,
    actually i have more trembling and have near forgotten akathisia but it comes back sometime, very less

thanks for your words, Lotty
    the best for you
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Ha! Well, it sounds like we’ve been thinking along the same lines! You’ve already tried a lot of different angles. Good for you!

You’re such an appreciative person, Lotty. It’s really heart-warming.

Are you taking any magnesium?

Can you tolerate exercise?

Can you tolerate reading or watching videos?

Do you have any other thoughts about what you might do to take the edge off this Hell?

Even if we can’t figure out anything you could do differently right now, it’s still the case that, as we move from one stage of healing to another, we become able to benefit from more things.

Plus, I’ve seen several people have outrageous tapers, and then quite easy post-tapers.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Hey, Lotty! Welcome to IAWP. I'm so sorry to hear you're going through this stuff - no better than us here knows how rough this thing gets at times. Stay strong and patient - it will keep improving. I promise you will heal. Please, take it a step at a time. The window will eventually come. Absolutely no doubt about it.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Thank you, each one of you beautiful souls, for your support.

I am so sorry to hear that some of you that I recognise are still suffering so....I thought you had all moved on because you were completely healed. I'm so sorry this is not so....but I feel that you are all progressing overall nonetheless. As dear Luc says, it is only a matter of time. xxx

I have now lost my job after holding on for 2 years by the skin of my teeth (Luc, I believe it is the same for you?). The mental akathisia made it so I couldn't finish any task....last Monday I woke up shaking so hard from head to toe that I could not even present myself at work even if I had wanted to. And my memory had become so bad that people were starting to notice.

Please hold my hand through this darkness my friends. xxx

Much love,
    Lotty

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    Ha! Well, it sounds like we’ve been thinking along the same lines! You’ve already tried a lot of different angles. Good for you!

You’re such an appreciative person, Lotty. It’s really heart-warming.

Are you taking any magnesium?

Can you tolerate exercise?

Can you tolerate reading or watching videos?

Do you have any other thoughts about what you might do to take the edge off this Hell?

Even if we can’t figure out anything you could do differently right now, it’s still the case that, as we move from one stage of healing to another, we become able to benefit from more things.

Plus, I’ve seen several people have outrageous tapers, and then quite easy post-tapers.

Sheila,

I am not taking magnesium (too scared to try) but I am taking vitamin C and a very good quality fish oil, albeit only a small dose, daily.

I am too thin to tolerate vigorous exercise but I can tolerate brisk walking which I am trying to do once a day. I have a nature trail in my town which involves a bit of a climb and then a descent, through nature.

I can rarely settle to read or watch tv at this point in time, only tv sometimes in the late evenings after my xanax.

Sheila, thank you so much for your posts.....I realise I'm a bit different from others on the board as I'm still tapering. Thank you for accepting me all the same.

Much love,
    Lotty
    xxx

Lotty, as terribly hard it is for you now, please, hang in there! In the moments like this our WD minds want to convince us we won't have enough strength to ride this crap out. But you are stronger than you could ever imagine - look how exceptionally brave you've been in the last two years. As difficult as it may be for you these days, you will be IMPROVING, and you will eventually heal. Stay brave, just stay brave. This terrible time will be no more at some point. We're here to help you any time of day and night!
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Thank you so much dear Luc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I wish so much a beautiful window for you...I know you have had it rough again recently.
    I have so much respect for all of you.

lotty,

we are similar in years taken, i had your akathisia shaking, after off for me month 9 to 15 etc) and then periods milder, i suffered, i suffered and with months it is gone, i still have new things, but with time these hard suffering go away, i often thought i made a error, have to take again, despaired, suffering sometime as dog and fear terror, agoraphobia, all diminished with time; i was in hell, today in half hell, it is a good feeling;
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Quote Originally Posted by stan View Post
    lotty,

we are similar in years taken, i had your akathisia shaking, after off for me month 9 to 15 etc) and then periods milder, i suffered, i suffered and with months it is gone, i still have new things, but with time these hard suffering go away, i often thought i made a error, have to take again, despaired, suffering sometime as dog and fear terror, agoraphobia, all diminished with time; i was in hell, today in half hell, it is a good feeling;

I am so glad for you Stan my dear friend - indeed, half-hell is still better than hell.
    Thank you for your kind words and support.

Lotty
    xxx