Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Lotty's Withdrawal

Lotty – it is soooooo hard to go through w/d and it is sooooooooo sooooooooo hard to have actual stressful things happen at the same time.

Heck, I’m freaked out about cleaning the house. How am I going to deal with an actual stressor?!

One thing I have found helpful is all the people who said over the years on pp that they had been through terrible things in their lives – like the deaths of children or the suicide of a sibling – and that w/d felt even worse.

IOW, this syndrome is such a vicious chemical torture, that you just have to keep saying to yourself that, even when you are dealing with a bona fide stressor, your feelings are still way, way, way out of proportion to the event.

You understand I’m not trying to minimize your stressors in any way, right? And, I’m very sorry to hear about your father’s death and your mother’s cancer. I’m just trying to point the way to some modicum of relief – which is to keep reminding yourself over and over that your feelings are not entirely accurate, real, or tied to what’s going on. They’re a chemical torture going on, distorting and inflating everything, making even hard things seem astronomically worse.

The relieving thing about this is that you*will* feel much better as you heal, even about the hard things in life. So, just keep telling yourself that over and over, too -- that you really will feel much, much better about these things in the future, even if you can't imagine that now.

Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Oh Sheila.....thank you as always.

Is it ok if I keep real close to the forum especially over the next few days?
    I will need some extra support from you all.

With love and gratitude,
    Lotty
    Started Seroxat/Paxil 1995. Currently at 5.5mg Seroxat/Paxil & 1mg xanax (0.5mg twice a day)

You know, Lotty... that's of a very personal nature what I'm going to write about now... for quite a chunk of my life I was pretty much an atheist, very much in a way of looking at things from an extremely rationalistic perspective. And I'm not talking here the technicalities, like, for instance, my last being to church (apart from my looking at architecture) years ago. I'm talking about the spiritual side of it all. Funnily enough, it was WD that has made me re-orient myself on many thngs... And, funnily enough X2, it wasn't so much the Bible-like conversion (whatever that means), but, since I was desperately trying to occupy my mind in WD, I spent virtually years on reading all I could find on the Internet (lol). The hellish akathisia and obsessions pushed me to read all I could about politics, religion, human brain, history... and so many more... And, at some point, not that long ago actually, it all started to fit so well together... I got to the point, having read very much a verified data on many things, where I don't rule out anything anymore... The chance is that our present "being here" is only a tiny part of our real existence... Perhaps, indeed, WD makes us, too, more open to such things.... We get so much more spiritual and mature. And, beyond anything else, so much more patient...

Sorry, rambling a bit today...

Anyway... it's pretty much a convoluted post here, but it intends to be, by all means, an optimistic one...

We're here, Lotty...
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Maybe it'll help.

my sister in law, who is 65 years-old was dx of breast cancer 2 years ago, it has been removed, followed by the protocol (radiotherapy + chemotherapy), today she is doing very well, I'm still suffering from W / D
    Deroxat (PAXIL) 20mg November 2009
    July 2011 free
    heavy wd symptomes.
    still struggling

How are you doing, Lotty? What's the latest news? We're thinking of you!

Try to keep following some of your routines -- the walking that you do in the woods is *very* helpful for integrating big news, strong emotions. Ask the trees to help you bear it all, and to absorb some of the intense energy.

Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

i know also two people who had breast cancer and who are better than i today
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

French Café Moderator Cosette123's Avatar
    Dear Lotty you have to know that my thoughts are with you.Our friends here have already said all I could say so I shall add nothing else.
    I understand the grief you feel.I lost my both parents many years ago....
    Severe anxiety since childhood .SSRIs for OCD.
    Major traumatism in my life:Prozac during short periods.
    Deroxat (=Paxil) during 7 years.
    Three unsuccessful atempts to quit.
    Deroxat free since may 2008 (Cold turkey )

Thank you for all being here.

I'm still very very bad - hanging on by my fingernails.

I am in a very bad way. I feel so paralysed, even too traumatised to go for my walk or leave the sofa.

My "sleep" is full of terror and emotional pain.

I'm so sorry to come here and "complain"...just in such a bad state.

Lotty
    xxx
    Started Seroxat/Paxil 1995. Currently at 5.5mg Seroxat/Paxil & 1mg xanax (0.5mg twice a day)

Hang in there, Dear Lotty. In such moments we think it's just impossible to go on, but, believe me, you have incredible inner strength about which you may not even know yet. But it's there. The fingernails may be "only" fingernails, but they're very hard by nature. :) You will make it.

Though pushing yourself to do anything in such state is extremely difficult, and physiologically we just can barely function, perhaps, just trying to do something really really tiny may help to take the edge off of the edge - the very realization that you've *done* it will help you keep going.

I'm also wondering - maybe trying out some natural remedies would help, like Valeriana, or something similar. But, as far as this goes, let us wait for more input from the members. The more brainstorming, the better. HANG IN THERE.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Luc, I am so grateful to know you are "there", somewhere in this world, a kindred spirit....
    You are really quite remarkable, although I'm sure you know that.
    (It's true of all of you - thank you to each and every one of you who have responded to my threads).

I wish, so wish, you all lived nearby. It's just so much harder on the days I am alone. Even though company doesn't help a lot, it can sometimes take a bit of the edge off. I am alone all day today.