Thread: Stress and symptoms

Stress and symptoms

Though the correlation & causation between stress and worsening of symptoms is undeniable, I'm curious about the degree to which it happens. Over the last 5-6 days I've gone through a terrible amount of distress, and now (since yesterday) I've been experiencing the type of symptoms I hadn't had for about 6-7 months now. I really hope it to be very short-lived. What's it like in your case?
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

for me stress gives more rigidity, chest pain and arms pain which becomes worse and makes me very difficult to walk; stress can be light neon or opposite the night falling dark;
    until know, my symptoms are in a different state every morning, and i have these symptoms for the day(stress or no)
    next day i wake up with new symptoms which i will keep all the day
    i feel for me all is 95% chemical, and only 5% environment personal stress, fighting is waist of time, i live with all day, stress is my forced friend, he plays with me and always wins, it is not thinking stress, it is chemical, and as Cindy said, in this "cement" emerge natural healthy feelings, my personality wants appear, desire, pleasures,
    stress is a part of me, so i try to live with, no choice; my goal is to have only my natural bad healthy stress and not this artificial chemical paralysing crap
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Hi Guys,

I just want to say that yes it is part of the withdrawal as you have both stated. It took a very long time for "symptoms" to stop, but they did for me. I am going through stress in my life right now and I am having "normal" reactions. I no longer have the "weird" stuff that I had in withdrawal.

French Café Moderator Cosette123's Avatar
    Stress worsens my fears ,my anxiety and my walking problems (Rigidity).
    Severe anxiety since childhood .SSRIs for OCD.
    Major traumatism in my life:Prozac during short periods.
    Deroxat (=Paxil) during 7 years.
    Three unsuccessful atempts to quit.
    Deroxat free since may 2008 (Cold turkey )

You’re going through a major transition right now. Even a normal person would have some difficulties. For us, yes, it kicks up old w/d symptoms.

I do find life events (both positive and negative) stir up w/d symptoms. I notice it takes me longer to adjust to events than it did pre-w/d.

But the good news is that it definitely takes me less time to return to my w/d baseline than it used to.

And what Cindy says jibes with what I've heard from other people who have turned some sort of corner -- that they get to a point where actual stressors might be worse, but they feel even better than they did during w/d with less stressors.

You will definitely metabolize this change in your life, and things will settle down. And, ultimately, you’ll feel even better than you did before.

Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Thanks ever so much for your words, folks. I must admit it's pretty intense right now - my CNS got shaken in recent days - the fall-out of the whole situation is here. But taking it hour after hour until it abates.
    Last edited by Luc; 03-22-2012 at 08:14 PM.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

as you are at 3 years 3 months, these symptoms will normally not have long duration
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish