Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Cycling Away from Chronic Illness...

I guess I was feeling a bit perky yesterday! BTW, is there anyway a setting can be changed so that we can edit longer than 20 minutes after we post. Even if I word process a post I get tired of proofing my many errors so I usually post, and then edit a bit within the post. Then later I'll think of something I want to add, delete, or change but it's too late.

I should add that when I was riding I felt some guilt about being out there while my wife was toiling away at the job she loathes but then when I thought back at my confinement over the last decade I thought "I deserve this." We all deserve nature and beauty and simple pleasures...

So glad to hear Sheila that you feel this is "your time" to pursue your passions and that you feel the "meant to be" part too. Do you ever feel that we need a "meant to be" in our lives so we create one or do your passions feel like transpersonal help?

I could be wrong about the song but that's what it means to me and it's powerful for me. It could just be a throwaway line but it doesn't matter because it plays in my head and it helps me... And this isn't the only "you can do it" that's come to me lately. I just got one from grandmother in a letter and check out this cross country cycling video (at :19)

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anaïs Nin

the video "arcade fire laïka" is very strange

It’s so cool when we get a message several times in a row from the environment. it’s great you’re paying attention to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    So glad to hear Sheila that you feel this is "your time" to pursue your passions and that you feel the "meant to be" part too. Do you ever feel that we need a "meant to be" in our lives so we create one or do your passions feel like transpersonal help?

I’m not sure I understood what the two choices were? Can you expand on it?
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Just me blabbing... I'm not really that passionate about the point so I'll let it go. Onward, onward, upward...

Those are very inspiring posts, Mike! I have absolutely no doubt that the Light is shining through more and more, even despite the still present symptoms (and those will disappear eventually, too). Please, keep us regularly posted.

PS I used to listen a lot to the Arcade Fire - I really liked it. Once I get better, I'll surely go back to it. :)
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Thanks, Luc. What keeps you from listening to music? Getting songs stuck in your head, sound sensitivity, auditory processing issues?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Thanks, Luc. What keeps you from listening to music? Getting songs stuck in your head, sound sensitivity, auditory processing issues?
    That's some crazy stuff, Mike, as it's basically everything - most of all, though, is that 99% of songs bring out from my brain certain super-traumatic memories. It's beyond any words can describe. The more so, as I still realize it's... improved since early WD. Only the fellow WD-compatriots are able to comprehend it - if I tried to share it with anyone not in the know, I'd be most likely written off as insane. Fortunately, thanks to the Web, we were all here able to get in touch with one another, and learn we are not alone in it. What is it like in your case these days?
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Stray Dog Joined Thousand Mile Cycling Race, is Adopted at the Finish Line

Good News Network
    31 May 12

A stray dog has run alongside cyclists on their 1000-mile journey across China after a rider gave him some food.

He ran alongside them for 24 days, covering up to 37 miles a day.

Remarkably, the dog was indefatigable throughout the rest of the adventure and climbed over 10 mountains along the route.

"The group took care of the little dog during the more hazardous parts of the journey, such as on a steep downhill slope in Litang, where they made a cage for it to travel in," reported the IB Times.

"It showed a very strong willpower and followed us all the way here," Xiao Yong said.

The 22-year-old cyclist started a blog about his cute white companion, nicknamed Xiaosa, and now wants to adopt him.

http://behindthewall.msnbc.msn.com/_...miles-to-tibet
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Quote Originally Posted by Luc View Post
    That's some crazy stuff, Mike, as it's basically everything - most of all, though, is that 99% of songs bring out from my brain certain super-traumatic memories. It's beyond any words can describe. The more so, as I still realize it's... improved since early WD. Only the fellow WD-compatriots are able to comprehend it - if I tried to share it with anyone not in the know, I'd be most likely written off as insane. Fortunately, thanks to the Web, we were all here able to get in touch with one another, and learn we are not alone in it. What is it like in your case these days?
    Generally I have sound sensitivity and auditory processing issues but interestingly I have no problems listening to music (even loud music). Other sounds drive me crazy. The crumpling of a piece of paper or the ricocheting of sound can really overwhelm me. A ball bouncing in a gym, voices in our home (hardwood floors, not lots of stuff on the wall). A booming voice (e.g. when someone gets excited) also pushes me over the edge. Lots of hearing issues too that I think are a mix of hearing loss and auditory processing issues.

I am sorry to hear that music brings back traumatic memories for you. As you know it takes tremendous patience but this really should improve with time and then maybe music can become something that is healing or at least enjoyable. Hang on, Luc... It gets better.

Thanks, Sheila. That's a nice story. I'll have to check out the blog too. I've been chased by a few dogs and usually I just let them run along side of me until they get to their Chase perimeter and they turn around. I'll remember not to feed them :) On the TransAm (VA to OR) dogs are really a problem, particularly in KY. People have been bitten and seriously injured because of crashes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    Stray Dog Joined Thousand Mile Cycling Race, is Adopted at the Finish Line

Good News Network
    31 May 12

A stray dog has run alongside cyclists on their 1000-mile journey across China after a rider gave him some food.

He ran alongside them for 24 days, covering up to 37 miles a day.

Remarkably, the dog was indefatigable throughout the rest of the adventure and climbed over 10 mountains along the route.

"The group took care of the little dog during the more hazardous parts of the journey, such as on a steep downhill slope in Litang, where they made a cage for it to travel in," reported the IB Times.

"It showed a very strong willpower and followed us all the way here," Xiao Yong said.

The 22-year-old cyclist started a blog about his cute white companion, nicknamed Xiaosa, and now wants to adopt him.

http://behindthewall.msnbc.msn.com/_...miles-to-tibet