Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Physical exertion - help or hindrance?

Stan.......

I understand your resistance in regard to dealing with doctors and supplements. I too have the same resistance. In fact, I have an intense fear of ever having to deal with doctors ever again. I'd rather suffer out WD than to submit to placing myself into their incompetent hands.

Glad you understand your situation and are clear about what you need to do for yourself and I respect your decisions. You know your situation better than anyone else and I do know that you are knowledgeable about WD and thus, are making informed decisions for yourself.

BTW, I always state that I don't believe in taking supplements during WD but I keep forgetting that Vit C and zinc ARE supplements. (lol) With that said, I have been taking Vit C and zinc for many, many years and I know they have benefited me in many ways and continue to do so however, I very much respect if someone chooses to refrain from taking such.

We each have to do what we feel is best for ourselves.

I'm so sorry that you and Cosette are dealing with fibro pain and the restrictions that it presents. May these painful incapacitations soon recede for both of you.

Samsara

Quote Originally Posted by Luc View Post
    I have a severe physical exertion intolerance - performing even the slightest of physical tasks, like walking the stairs, brings on the onslaught of symptoms - akathisia, chest pressure, and, lo and behold, ruminations. Those are gem. Once the system gets stirred up somatically-wise, the psyche part follows the suit. What is your experience? What are your ways of dealing with it?

A quick mention re: chest pressure. I used to have it very severely. I felt like a ton of bricks was constantly resting on my chest which was a different sensation than the various chest pains. Of course this pressure sensation became even more intense when trying to walk up stairs. I must say this pressure has significantly eased up.

Samsara

I'm so sorry that you and Cosette are dealing with fibro pain and the restrictions that it presents. May these painful incapacitations soon recede for both of you.
    i am much better with pseudo-fibromyalgia since two/three days, now i am overhelmed by fear alone at home;i have always another thing wich is stronger;

i had shortness of breath together, but this seems to gone away maybe
    for the chest pain in exercise, it seems as a wrong reflexe: some upstairs and hop pain, 30 steps and hop pain,
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Quote Originally Posted by stan View Post
    i am much better with pseudo-fibromyalgia since two/three days,

Good to hear that this has eased up.

now i am overhelmed by fear alone at home;i have always another thing wich is stronger;

I very much understand how one symptom replaces another. So sorry you are experiencing fear of being alone at home. I hope this eases up for you soon since, it is devastating to deal with. I very much can relate. I used to be terrified but I had no choice but to go through it mostly alone.

I'm no longer afraid to be alone but I can't stand the isolation any longer. It's affecting me very severely lately and as you know it's not as if we are well enough to go out and socialize.

It's very traumatizing to be alone to deal with WD. I can barely stand to be alone these days. I feel as if this is getting worse instead of better. I suppose it's the cumulative effect happening............way too many years of having to be alone day in and day out, year after year.

I think being alone deepens the suffering in a huge way.

i had shortness of breath together, but this seems to gone away maybe
    for the chest pain in exercise, it seems as a wrong reflexe: some upstairs and hop pain, 30 steps and hop pain,
    I had a lot of shortness of breath for a very long time but like you, this symptom seems to have gone away (most days). I do have an odd day when walking up the stairs feels very labored and I feel a bit breathless but this usually occurs on the days when I get hit with the severe fatigue. At least it is no longer a chronic condition for me.

Things can improve in a matter of a few months so we have to hang in there for a bit longer. May the universe bring us freedom real soon.

Samsara

It's very traumatizing to be alone to deal with WD. I can barely stand to be alone these days. I feel as if this is getting worse instead of better. I suppose it's the cumulative effect happening............way too many years of having to be alone day in and day out, year after year.
    i will change a little the end of your sentence
    i feel that before i had more chemical fear and was more zombie numbed, and that actually this fear of alone seems to be a natural fear which i will be able to play with, and not as two months ago, paralysed fear, i feel that it is more a sign of real emotion healing, we are recovering our (original +trauma=actual new state for our future life); we are near crying as a more sensitive normal human;
    it is hurting, but is a very good sign for us both, emotions numbed healing is very important to lessen cortisol, to improve akathisia with his mental wrong

if you cry or feel emotionaly strange, if i cry from alone, super, we are becoming human, we are recovering
    it is "neuro emotion" healing

if we think apart, it is abnormal to be alone in our state since years and to feel nothing;
    maybe we will have many natural emotions back and have to be prepared towards this deluge of emotions until body stabilize a little
    Last edited by stan; 10-12-2011 at 12:27 PM.
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg

Quote Originally Posted by Samsara View Post
    A quick mention re: chest pressure. I used to have it very severely. I felt like a ton of bricks was constantly resting on my chest which was a different sensation than the various chest pains. Of course this pressure sensation became even more intense when trying to walk up stairs. I must say this pressure has significantly eased up.
    And it will be getting even better!
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Quote Originally Posted by stan View Post
    i will change a little the end of your sentence
    i feel that before i had more chemical fear and was more zombie numbed, and that actually this fear of alone seems to be a natural fear which i will be able to play with, and not as two months ago, paralysed fear, i feel that it is more a sign of real emotion healing, we are recovering our (original +trauma=actual new state for our future life); we are near crying as a more sensitive normal human;
    it is hurting, but is a very good sign for us both, emotions numbed healing is very important to lessen cortisol, to improve akathisia with his mental wrong

if you cry or feel emotionaly strange, if i cry from alone, super, we are becoming human, we are recovering
    it is "neuro emotion" healing

if we think apart, it is abnormal to be alone in our state since years and to feel nothing;
    maybe we will have many natural emotions back and have to be prepared towards this deluge of emotions until body stabilize a little
    Hi Stan............

thank you ever so much for your reply and for your feedback. You have made some good points that I agree with and have considered as part of the equation.

I think, at least in my present state, that a lot of trauma is starting to surface. I spent so long (as do many of us) trying to stay as focused as possible .........in survival mode......trying to keep positive to keep going, pushing my losses and many traumas that occurred during WD aside as much as possible since, I couldn't allow myself to focus on them too much even though they plagued me at torturous levels.

Now, all that trauma is coming to surface and the pain is hitting me with tsunamic proportions. I also realize that I'm still suffering from WD induce biochemcial imbalance as well, which makes it more difficult to navigate through the traumas.

I was experiencing anhedonia as well and as painful as it is to endure I almost prefer it since, it numbs me to all of the harsh traumatic realities that I must still process and deal with. With that said, it's no picnic to live in the anhedonic state either (as we all know). It's a torturous existence as well.

I'm really trying not to take my current state seriously even though it feels very serious.......extremely intense. I'm a very independent person by nature who actually doesn't mind a lot of alone time under normal circumstances however, these days I'm finding that I can't bear even 5 minutes of being alone and consequently, I have to keep my thoughts immersed in active distraction like humour or being on-line because the second I stop, I instantaneously plummet into very severe states of depression and trauma.

As I mentioned the cumulative traumatic effect of having to navigate through WD mostly alone is now coming to surface. I'm sure the anger/rage stage will be next in line to deal with. (lol) I still have to suppress these emotions since, if I allow myself to feel them I set off my CNS F&F response which only increases the intensity of symptoms.

I just have to ride out this time by keeping myself distracted as much as possible. With all that said, I try of focus on being grateful that I can engage in some forms of distraction (even if limited) since there's been years (between brutal taper and post taper combined) when I was force into isolation from all sources of sound, motion, light etc.). So I need to keep reminding myself to feel grateful and blessed that I have obtained a degree of functionality that was absent for so, so long.

Anyway, thank you again for your response. It did help me to feel less alone in my mind and it gave me a few points to ponder.

Samsara

Quote Originally Posted by Luc View Post
    And it will be getting even better!
    Thanks Luc. It will significantly improve for you as well!

Samsara

Unbelievable stuff (not complaining here, just stating facts and keeping walking no matter what ) - on Thursday morning I had no other choice but to walk up to my car very fast (and a good 300 metres), and, as usual, the whole system got thrown off balance still further - along with the intensified ruminations, head and chest pressure, of course. I've noticed that the worst is usually 24-36 hours after the exertion takes place. Seriously, if I didn't know anything about WD, I'd never believe such bizzarity is even possible. But there's absolutely no doubt in my mind it's the case for me in WD.

I hope this post will help some of you in identifying the reasons behind the worsening of your symptoms.

PS Not saying here you should avoid moving about altogether - it all depends - some are helped by exercises, some not. So, like it's been from times immemorial - go the middle way.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

about walking
    i walk slowly, resting a few minutes maybe each 50 meters (because chest pain, lightheaded), totally i walk maybe 1 kilometer; and as i told, i had maybe three days during which i had very very less chest pain lightheaded, and standing better, tension very less; it is gone since, but now i know i will be able to reach this state in the future, and it has given me real hope;

today i am return in my classic withdrawal, but i know i have chance to improve if not a complication during night;