Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Sheila’s Start-up – Psychic Phenomena

Wow, what a fascinating, albeit stressful, experience, Junior! It certainly makes sense to me that you would feel less tuned in to your higher self while on these meds, since they tamp down much of who we are. It will be very interesting to see if you return to feeling more tuned in as you lower the dose. I even wonder if -- once you get lower or off or thoroughly recovered -- you will feel more tuned in than before you ever took the meds.

Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

I guess we will find out! Eventually ......
    Aropax (Paxil). Currently at 13mg and holding.
    Added Endep (amitrypline) 12.5 for sleep - 11 July 2013

"There are things that are known and things that are unknown; in between are doors." - Anonymous

Sheila...

I was quickly re-reading your posts and I've copied the following section:

"A spiritual emergency is when you have a sudden, dramatic change in consciousness that may include mystical or transcendent experiences, visions, expanded states of consciousness, anomalous experiences, profound insights. It can be very scary or disturbing, especially if you live in a culture that doesn’t have a framework for understanding it. But a spiritual emergency is really a positive, evolutionary process that can be integrated if there is good support."

It just occurred to me that I know someone who experienced some of what you describe just before he turned the corner in psyche drug recovery.

Prior to this he was violently sick ..............never believing he was going to recover. I was communicating with this person for a while..........helping him to BELIEVE that his torturous WD would not last forever. Without revealing this person's name or any details.........he landed up recovering far sooner than I. I believe he turned the corner at 18 months (I could be mistaken about his recovery time but it is mentioned in his public post).

Oh, if I remember correctly, he experienced a "kindling" effect upon reinstatement of his AD which is the most severe form of WD that one can experience. He was in a very torturous state and I believe he C/T once he became "kindled". Hope my recall is correct. Anyway, his posts will indicate some of this however, I don't believe he posted often.

Anyway, I don't wish to reveal his username in public but I believe he may still be a member of one large AD WD support group (he's not posting any longer but he did create one final post where he described his religious, mystical experience just before turning the corner). I could PM his username so you can conduct a search to pull up his posts. He did publicly post about the visions and/or expanded state of consciousness that he experienced so I'm not violating any confidences by sharing this.

BTW, your search for his posts shouldn't be too time consuming since, as I mentioned, he did not post often in the group.

I'm pretty sure he'd be more than willing to share his experience with you. This could be great for your research on the subject as well as your blog. What do you think?

Samsara
    Nobody's gonna break my stride......nobody's gonna slow me down......Oh no, I gotta keep on moving." (Men at Work)

"To face my trials with the grace of a woman rather than the grief of a child". (Veronica A. Shoffstall)

40 Months drug-free from kindling & tolerance WD (Doxepin) + many past C/T & C/switches from benzos, ADs, and APs, Lithium & thryoid h rx'd for severe GI symptoms.

Quote Originally Posted by Junior View Post
    I think I am less tuned in to my 'higher self' although I still have experiences. For example, I was on a jury in April 2005 and KNEW that the defendant was guilty (we are not allowed to talk about the case even after it is over) from Day 1. I picked up on his energy. Three weeks later, when we were deliberating we were staying in a hotel and when I was having a shower on one of the two night we were there, I felt his energy playing all over my back. It was incredibly powerful. It was basically screaming at me, GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY. It was very hard NOT to have my views invluenced by this!

I was on 20mg at the time.
    When you see me, you have been around 20 mg also, and not guilty, guilty at shower in Paris hotel? you seem afraid the first moments i spoke you....
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

That was *very* thoughtful of you to think of a research participant or blog topic for me, Samsara!

As long as this person posted about his mystical experience in an unlocked, public part of an online forum, and as long as we're talking about him with respect and great interest, I don't see any problem with mentioning his username here in public. However, do pm it instead if you feel more comfortable with that. Whatever you prefer!

I hope other people will keep me in mind in this way and funnel relevant cases to me!

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Quote Originally Posted by stan View Post
    When you see me, you have been around 20 mg also, and not guilty, guilty at shower in Paris hotel? you seem afraid the first moments i spoke you....
    Stan, when I had that experience I was NOT in poop out or trying to w/d from Paxil. In fact it was working well for me at that stage.

As for being afraid when I first met up with you... I don't know about that. A little apprehensive maybe but only because meeting up with someone in real life after knowing them for a time online is ... well you don't always know if that person is really who they say they are. You turned out to be exactly as you seem online. Nothing to be afraid of at all
    Aropax (Paxil). Currently at 13mg and holding.
    Added Endep (amitrypline) 12.5 for sleep - 11 July 2013

"There are things that are known and things that are unknown; in between are doors." - Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    That was *very* thoughtful of you to think of a research participant or blog topic for me, Samsara!

As long as this person posted about his mystical experience in an unlocked, public part of an online forum, and as long as we're talking about him with respect and great interest, I don't see any problem with mentioning his username here in public. However, do pm it instead if you feel more comfortable with that. Whatever you prefer!

I hope other people will keep me in mind in this way and funnel relevant cases to me!

My pleasure Sheila.

Okay, I did a quick search and I'm actually excited for you since, it "appears" (at least to me but you know more about this subject than I) that this person also had a "kundalini" like experience as well. I thought OMG, Sheila is going to love this! This is PERFECT!

I really hope you can get in touch with him because this would be so exciting for you and for your blog. I was a bit off in way of his recovery time. He mentions two time frames: 1) 13 months and then 2) 16 months but TBH, my mind along with my eyes were not cooperating well with the computer last night. Also, I know, with certainty, that he had posted earlier in his WD because I did have public exchanges with him but for some reason, my search did not pull up ALL of his posts. Rather, it only displayed his LAST post and all the responses he received. Anyway, I become overwhelmed and frustrated although excited that I was able to find this specific post along with being delighted that my memory served me well. :)

BTW, .It appears that he was holding back on a lot of details, specifics (and understandably so) since, as we know most people would not be open to such information and I'm sure he wanted to shield himself from any type of challenge (which I can completely understand) however, with that said, he did share the general theme of what occurred to him.

I do hear you and agree with your second paragraph however, there is another reason why I do not wish to post his username. I will explain in PM to you.

With that said, I also have an aversion to sharing people's username in public (without their prior consent) but that's another story based on personal experience (lol).........so I realize I'm a bit over sensitive about all this and overly cautious about protecting someone's identity and privacy/confidentiality etc. I know, I'm crazy (lol) but for now, I have to do what I feel comfortable with and I very much can see that you respect that.

Logically, I know you are correct though. He did post in a public forum so obviously he was okay to share his experience over the net. :) and consequently, there is no violation in sharing his username.

I will send a PM to you shortly since, I don't wish for put this on the back burner.

Samsara
    Nobody's gonna break my stride......nobody's gonna slow me down......Oh no, I gotta keep on moving." (Men at Work)

"To face my trials with the grace of a woman rather than the grief of a child". (Veronica A. Shoffstall)

40 Months drug-free from kindling & tolerance WD (Doxepin) + many past C/T & C/switches from benzos, ADs, and APs, Lithium & thryoid h rx'd for severe GI symptoms.

Thank you very much, Samsara! Please keep me in mind if you come across anyone else with an interesting psi-related experience.

-- Holger Kalweit

Quote Originally Posted by Samsara View Post
    My pleasure Sheila.

With that said, I also have an aversion to sharing people's username in public (without their prior consent) but that's another story based on personal experience (lol).........so I realize I'm a bit over sensitive about all this and overly cautious about protecting someone's identity and privacy/confidentiality etc. I know, I'm crazy (lol) but for now, I have to do what I feel comfortable with and I very much can see that you respect that.
    Logically, I know you are correct though. He did post in a public forum so obviously he was okay to share his experience over the net. :) and consequently, there is no violation in sharing his username.
    Samsara
    You are totally right, we have to be careful about datas on public forum,
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Quote Originally Posted by stan View Post
    You are totally right, we have to be careful about datas on public forum,
    Stan, do you mind sharing why you feel this way? Perhaps there is something I can learn from you that I have not thought of. TBH, I thought I was being overly paranoid or overly cautious for little logical reason. It would be helpful to hear further thoughts from you if you're up to sharing.