Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Sheila’s Start-up – Psychic Phenomena

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    This ordeal is so hard on the self-confidence. But, it’s true – we are learning and growing and building the whole time we’re going through it, even while we feel impaired and bad about ourselves. And I think we will all be surprised at what has been brewing inside once we emerge. Look at Charly Groenendijk who had a horrible, long time. And now he’s working and singing professionally and seems to be doing *his* thing.

Shiela, I am cheering you on. Good for you for moving forward, for feeling the fear and doing it anyway! This is courageous but also so very self-honouring and ultimately self-empowering. I just KNOW that this endeavor will bring you many positive rewards!

Keep on moving into your passion. Just keep on moving into your passion!!

BTW, as usual, you have done a spectacular job of constructing and presenting your thoughts!

Wishing you the best!

Samsara
    Nobody's gonna break my stride......nobody's gonna slow me down......Oh no, I gotta keep on moving." (Men at Work)

"To face my trials with the grace of a woman rather than the grief of a child". (Veronica A. Shoffstall)

40 Months drug-free from kindling & tolerance WD (Doxepin) + many past C/T & C/switches from benzos, ADs, and APs, Lithium & thryoid h rx'd for severe GI symptoms.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Samsara! We look forward to hearing more Samsarian passions as you continue to heal…..

Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Life Before Life

This stuff is all a bit of a passion of mine too. Anything related to the spiritual is really. And I separate spiritual from religious since man-made religion is so tied up with culture and politics.

Here is something that interests me. I looked it up the other day after a discussion with a new found friend. I'll be interested in everyone's thoughts:

Where were you - your soul, your spirit - before you were born? If the soul is immortal, did it have a "life" before your birth?

Much has been written, and many anecdotes recorded, of the near-death experience (NDE). People who have been declared dead and then revived sometimes report an experience of being on another plane of existence, often meeting deceased relatives and beings of light.

Rarer, but no less intriguing, are stories from people who recall an existence shortly before their births into this world - the pre-birth experience (PBE). These recollections differ from past-life recall in that past-life recall are memories of previous lives on earth as humans, sometimes recently and sometimes from hundreds or even thousands of years ago. The pre-birth experience seems to "remember" an existence in the same or similar plane of existence described by NDErs.

Those who say they have had this amazing experience recall being in a spirit world, are aware of life on earth, and can sometimes choose their next life or communicate with their future parents. Some people even get a glimpse or a sense of the pre-birth realm during an NDE.

"Our research indicates that there is a continuity of self, that the 'same you' progresses through each of the three life stages - life before life, earth life, and life after death," according to Royal Child - The Prebirth Experience. "In a typical pre-birth experience, a spirit not yet born into mortality crosses over from the pre-earth life or heavenly realm and appears to or communicates with someone on earth. The preborn soul often announces that he or she is ready to advance from the premortal existence by being born into earth life. After nearly 20 years of collecting and studying PBE accounts and comparing data with other researchers of spiritual phenomena, we have identified typical traits, characteristics, and types of PBEs; also when, to whom, and where they occur."

Of the people Prebirth.com has surveyed, 53% felt they remembered a time before conception, and 47% after conception, but before birth.
    You can read more here: http://paranormal.about.com/od/lifea...fore-Birth.htm
    Aropax (Paxil). Currently at 13mg and holding.
    Added Endep (amitrypline) 12.5 for sleep - 11 July 2013

"There are things that are known and things that are unknown; in between are doors." - Anonymous

Thanks for sharing this, Junior! I'm glad you have a strong interest in this area, too!

There is so much anecdotal evidence for "pre-birth" consciousness throughout history and around the world, that I think it must be something that happens for some people. But, I've come to a very pluralistic stance, and I think that the cosmos is more complex than we have even begun to grasp, so I think many different paths are possible. For example, I tend to think some people have been reincarnated and some have not; some chose their major life events for this lifetime, and some did not; etc.

What interested you about this passage, Junior?

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

I guess my belief in reincarnation. If we have NDE's and know there is something more out there, then why not pre-birth memories/ experiences. I once stumbled on a book called Life before Life by Raymond Moody and it was on this exact topic. It fascinated me to think that people could plan their lives and which parents they were going to come to.

For the record, I once had myself regressed into what I believe was a past life of mine and it was an incredibly powerful experience. It explained a great deal about who I am and many of my psychological / personality traits.

I suppose that since recognising my NDE for what it is, I've just always been searching for a greater understanding. I certainly don't believe that we are just born, live and die. There is much more. I will probably never understand it all in this life but I do like to keep learning.

"There are things that are known and things that are unknown; in between are doors." - Anonymous

about reincarnation

i am agnostic, on the world there exist the alive part(animals, flowers) and the "dead" part : stone, gas...

in physics(i do not know if this word is exact) we say nothing is losed, nothing creates, all is changing,

the physical body decompose, so each animal, insect...can inhale, eat a little of the body, so here i do not see a possible reincarnation or insignificant,

but what becomes the alive part of the body, does it change in other things, does it divide as the physical and each alive part is eaten as the physical parts and insignificant, so our alive is divided in many living beings, or in one living beings

is the alive part only in each cells for example, which will reincarnate, or is it a global alive which cannot be divided?
    i tend to think all is divided as the physical...
    Last edited by stan; 01-17-2012 at 01:36 PM.
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Junior – That’s great you had such a powerful experience of a past-life regression! How do your NDE and past-life regression shape your perspective on having to taper off meds slowly and go through sleep problems? I mean, do you see this challenge as having to do with any particular life lessons or being a response to events in previous lives or serving some particular purpose?

On another thread, Samsara and I were talking about having more or less synchronicities and intuition before or during meds or in w/d. Do you notice any pattern in yourself? Has your intuitiveness or tuned-in-to-spirit-ness increased or decreased since you’ve been on meds? Since you started tapering?

-- Holger Kalweit

Stan -- Yes, this is a good point -- even though energy cannot be destroyed, it can certainly be dissipated. It's possible that the energy of an individual consciousness is conserved, but not kept intact.

To counter this idea is the physics idea of "entanglement," which says that all particles that were once related stay in communication with each other forever. There's also the radical biological idea of "morphogenetic fields" (Rupert Sheldrake) which says that a species or an individual being is a field of information that tends to function as fields do -- they have a location.

-- Holger Kalweit

Oops! OK, that was not right what I wrote about morphic fields! They are internally coherent and connected up, but they're not localized. Theoretically, they function at the quantum level where information can be connected in a non-local way. I'm sure you don't care, Stan, but I just wanted to correct that!

-- Holger Kalweit

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    Junior – That’s great you had such a powerful experience of a past-life regression! How do your NDE and past-life regression shape your perspective on having to taper off meds slowly and go through sleep problems? I mean, do you see this challenge as having to do with any particular life lessons or being a response to events in previous lives or serving some particular purpose?

On another thread, Samsara and I were talking about having more or less synchronicities and intuition before or during meds or in w/d. Do you notice any pattern in yourself? Has your intuitiveness or tuned-in-to-spirit-ness increased or decreased since you’ve been on meds? Since you started tapering?

I think I am less tuned in to my 'higher self' although I still have experiences. For example, I was on a jury in April 2005 and KNEW that the defendant was guilty (we are not allowed to talk about the case even after it is over) from Day 1. I picked up on his energy. Three weeks later, when we were deliberating we were staying in a hotel and when I was having a shower on one of the two night we were there, I felt his energy playing all over my back. It was incredibly powerful. It was basically screaming at me, GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY. It was very hard NOT to have my views invluenced by this!

I was on 20mg at the time.