Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Sheila’s path through the dark, terrifying, magical, magnificent woods

"Emoticon therapy" -- the best treatment we have discovered for psych med w/d....

...Playing tonight, at the Copa....

Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Quote Originally Posted by Luc View Post
    May the IAWP emoticons rule the world!
    it is too much to ask to god!
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Quote Originally Posted by stan View Post
    it is too much to ask to god!
    But, it has already begun, my friend! There are many forces and friends behind the scenes helping us already! Including helping our Chief Emoticon Hunter....

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    Including helping our Chief Emoticon Hunter...
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Oh my God! Now I´m scared! I´ll need some time to "digest" your testimony Sheila.Thank you.

French Café Moderator Cosette123's Avatar
    Don't be scared Alex...I passed through the same path than our friend Sheila and I could do it. You will be strong enough to do it too!
    Severe anxiety since childhood .SSRIs for OCD.
    Major traumatism in my life:Prozac during short periods.
    Deroxat (=Paxil) during 7 years.
    Three unsuccessful atempts to quit.
    Deroxat free since may 2008 (Cold turkey )

Alex -- Some people have no trouble at all getting off these meds. Some have medium-level trouble. Some have a terrible time, like me. We have not found any way to predict who will have what kind of journey. But, it is a very good sign that you were able to get off the Clonazepam and the alcohol many years ago.

Now, if you decide to get off the Effexor, you should learn from my experience and do some things differently. I tapered as fast as I could barely tolerate, and I pushed myself hard, and I took Prozac to "help." You should do none of these things. Also, I didn't prepare my body and my life. It would have been better if I had started Omega-3, magnesium, Vit. C, and other supplements for a couple of months first, improved my diet, set aside time for healing and stress reduction.

Many, many people have had an easier, faster recovery than I. But, I fully support you if you decide you do not want to get off the Effexor at this time. And, you can still be a member of our little community even if that's what you decide to do. One of the main focuses of our site is helping people discover and pursue their passions -- whatever they decide to do about their medications.

-- Holger Kalweit

Alex,

i have a rough time, but i was taking 13 years, it is very much, it is near normal that i suffer; you have not been so long on, so it will be easier for you, i think; but to taper is a long road, so you have to be ready, if not, wait more time;
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Don't be scared, Alex. As the others already said in this thread and a couple of other threads, each of us reacts to going off of those drugs differently. Also, once you do a slow taper, your body is able to incrementally adjust itself to the change. I'm myself an extreme case; little did I know in the past that the weaning must always be done, and going "cold turkey" is the worst of the options there are. But even the "cold turkeys" are able to heal, though they need to be very very patient. Bottomline is human body has incredible ability to heal itself. And all of us will eventually get their lives back.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Thanks everybody! wow,such a response makes feel great relief.

I´m definitely going to try to get off the med; I´m gonna follow your wise advise and try to prepare the best I can for this part of my life.

I talked to my american friend here in C.R. she is a herbalist and she gave big support during the big depression; she asked me since when I decided to quit Effexxor, and I told her: from the begining; I didn´t want to take it, I HAD TO.

So she tells me now is the time, I´ve learned I´ve endured, and situation today is very different than 5 or 4 years ago.So I´m gonna try this new ordeal that is ahead in my life.

Thanks again everybody and I¨ve suffered because of my emotions all my life, that part I never like it very much but let me tell you that suffering has giving me the wisdom and strength that I wouldn´t had otherwise."You are a very intense person" a counselor told me once,"that´s bad and is good for you, because you suffer a lot but you also enjoy a lot."I I really believe we are very special people and all the suffering and enjoying has been worth it.

Ok, where do you guys get the "emoticons" I want to post them too!Chao