Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Sheila’s path through the dark, terrifying, magical, magnificent woods

Thanks for answering my questions, Sheila. I believe my friend's foot detox is the one you are mentioning - she has considered buying one for herself but for now has gone to a place that will do it for you. She lives elsewhere and I haven't checked it out here but have considered it as it sounds intriguing. Do you feel the detox you are doing is helping? I hope you are finding some relief!

When you say part of your article is posted on your blog, do you mean here in your journal or elsewhere? I look forward to reading the part you have posted and then will eagerly await the rest!

Am glad things are better in the heat department there. It is better here too, thankfully.
    2006 Rx'd Cymbalta for approx 1 yr. WD after 4 mos - didn't realize was WD,took Zoloft and Klonopin; tapered K. Spring 2012 experienced major WD symptoms while tapering Zoloft; tried to updose but no relief, back on K 1 mg. Switched over 5-6 mos from Zoloft to Citalopram. Finished Zoloft 1/13; now on Citalopram 35 mg and 1 mg Klonopin. Started to experience withdrawal symptoms from switch (?) approx. 3 months after finished Zoloft (4/13). Now at 35 mg and hoping to start slow taper

Out of curiosity are you doing anything special with your diet? I know about the fish oil but besides that.

This might be very unrelated but I used to get some kind of toe-infections (even pre-drugs). The skin at the sides and under the toenail sometimes became red and sore and if I squeezed it this yellow/green pus would come out (sorry for gross mental images). Haven't had that anymore in a long time..
    Acceptance. Time. Habit.

Moui – I eat a Mediterranean diet. Very clean, mostly organic, low wheat, low dairy. Lots of veg and fruit. Salmon twice a week, chicken. Rice, quinoa. Olive oil, canola oil. A lot of water, no alcohol, 3 T of coffee a day. :) A sweet every afternoon. :) :) High-dose Vit. C, lots of other supplements.

I don’t have infection in my feet now. But, when I was on the meds and in early w/d, I was prone to infections in the outer corners of my toes and had to use epsom salts a lot (which works great).
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Michelle – Yes, thanks, I definitely feel the detox is helping. I feel very lucky because I wasn’t considering this to be a factor with my feet at all, but a series of synchronicities led me to the first chiropractor I saw in September, and he immediately thought this, and time has proved him right.

Thanks so much for asking again about my article! This is my blog –

http://neuroscienceandpsi.blogspot.com/

You can also find that link on our homepage here. The first part of the article is the first thing you’ll see at the blog.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

sheila, whats 3T of coffee?

ery interesting that your chiropractor identified this, did he belive in withdrawal, did you explain to him? do you still see him?
    Put on citalopram July 2009 during a physical illness - didnt need it. 40mg
    went down to 20mg July 2010 CT in Jan 2012 - 2.5 years on.
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    Down to 1.5mg from the failed RI
    Now at 0.48 and trying to stabalize - been 6 weeks
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this

Teaspoons? Tons? Hopefully not megadosing on coffee.

Sounds good. I eat kind of similarly but with a scandinavian twist of root veggies. That kind of a diet is healthy and I actually like the taste of it too. Well I eat anything but I try to stick to this for majority of time. I used to eat quinoa too but it's such a pain in teh arse to prepare and clean and it doesn't last long in the fridge. It's good stuff though.
    Acceptance. Time. Habit.

Iggalina – 3T = 3 tablespoons of coffee. My little treat to myself in the morning.

The first chiropractor I saw in September was helpful in some ways, completely against psych meds, believed me, but had no experience working with people in w/d, and *could not* accept that I needed a fractionated treatment – much less of every intervention than he wanted to give me.

Soooooo, I moved on to my second chiropractor, who will be forever remembered in the history books for saying, “Sheila, you know there’s research saying 4-9,000 mg Omega-3 is effective for Bipolar and various neurological problems.”

To which I said, “You know. You’re right. I knew that but had decided to try the lower end of the range because I’m not comfortable with mega-doses. But that was three years ago, and it helped, but not enough. I think I should go up.”

And the rest is history….

-- Holger Kalweit

Moui -- Ha ha! Great, now I have a reputation as a mega-doser!

I’m not sure why quinoa is difficult? I buy it in bulk, just like rice. Bring water to boil, simmer 10 minutes. Faster than rice. I make a pot-full, put it in the fridge, and then eat it for several days mixed with other things. Lasts forever -- turn your fridge up! :)

Hunh, I didn’t know it was Scandinavian to eat root veggies. I eat a sweet potato every week. But, in the winter I eat more root veggies.

-- Holger Kalweit

Don't you have to rinse and wash the quinoa before? And it always used to stick everywhere. But that can also be because I'm a crappy clumsy cook. I also like to prepare food for many days or even weeks in one go (because I find that process so boring) and the quinoa started to smell odd.. idk, maybe it was the fridge.

By the way, yesterdays therapy session went like the thread here.. My fear about wd - therapist pointed how this time was so different. I pay good money for the same I get here for free lol.

(ps. I'm still afraid of it.)
    Acceptance. Time. Habit.

Moui – Ha ha! I was thinking about you and your quinoa offline! And I had come to the hypothesis that you are using too much water and it's rotting. And, here I see that may, indeed, be the case.

No, I don’t pre-wash it. With the quinoa I get in bulk, you put 1 cup quinoa in the pot, then add 2 cups water. You bring it to a boil – barely, briefly – then, turn it down to the lowest simmer possible, with the lid on. Wait 10 minutes. Then, you take it off the heat and let it sit (still with lid on) until any extra water is absorbed. Maybe takes 10 minutes? Then, I either put the whole pot in the fridge or put the quinoa in a tupperware (I know, plastic bad). It lasts many days. Should have almost no smell at all. It should have a fluffy consistency. Not wet at all.

I love pretending I’m a cook! I’m so not a cook!

Re: your persistent fear – to some extent it makes sense – you have a bit of PTSD for what you went through. But, the way you’re sort of *convinced* that you’re doomed to a horrible repeat does smack of neuro-emotion. You are gonna be great!

-- Holger Kalweit