Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Sheila’s path through the dark, terrifying, magical, magnificent woods

Sheila, would people who go past the 3 year mark to heal be the ones that would benefit most from "doing something" to help the process in your opinion?

You have a beautiful heart Sheila. Sending more healing energy to add to the reserve started by Iggy. Thanks for all you do. You. Are. Awesome.

m&m – Thank you, my dear.

I don’t want to put an exact number on the year, because I don't think there really is one. And I actually think *everyone* would benefit from doing something. With great respect for Charly Groenendijk and pp, I no longer think the best protocol is to do nothing and wait.

I still think that may work just fine for some people. But, this is a health crisis, and, even though dysautonomia is a bear that makes it very hard to tolerate any help or treatment, I do think it’s best to use nutrition, supplements, exercise, meditation, etc.

But, the older you are, the more severe the w/d, the longer the w/d – the more I think it’s necessary to do something to aid healing.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

how are you doing Sheila? and how is your essay going?
    have been on antidepressants for more than 17 years.
    Was on zoloft/sertraline 100mg for the last 2-3 years.
    Tapered over 2.5 months, ending october 24 2012.
    reinstating AD:
    march 28: started on 25mg sertraline, took it for 2 days
    april 1: 12.5mg - only for one day
    april 9: started on 2.5mg sertraline
    april 17: increased to 5 mg

Aww, thanks for checking in amani!

I’m doing OK, but we’re having a terrible heatwave here, and it’s hard even for normal people. Ever since I started my mild detox (for my feet) everything triggers detox. So, this heat is making me have a bit too much detox. But, at least I feel like any suffering I do now is productive, as opposed to being stuck or even going backwards like last summer. And my feet are much better than last summer, thank goodness. And my heat tolerance is better, but this is still pretty unpleasant.

My essay is kicking my butt. I swing from thinking it’s great to thinking it’s dumb! :) It should be done in about a week. I’m working hard on it. At the very least, I’m learning tons, and it’s neuro-rehabilitative. Thanks for tracking that!

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Hi Sheila,

I am curious about the detox you are doing for your feet. A friend of mine had mentioned doing a "foot detox" when she was having a lot of anxiety (she is not on any medications so it wasn't related to withdrawal) and it really helped her. What is the one you are doing? I think she did something like an ion bath but not exactly sure. Wasn't sure if something like this would be good to try or not while still going through withdrawal. Do you have any thoughts on that?

If you feel like sharing, I am curious what the article is about that you are writing? Regardless, it sounds like you are really
    enjoying the process! BTW, I have noticed you are a really good writer!

You had posted something in my journal about "psi" - what is that? I am not familiar with that term.

I totally know what you mean about heat. I've never liked heat and we have had unusually hot weather here (I live in Seattle)too - so hard for me to deal with when feeling well but now even harder. It is going to get better here the rest of the week so I am hoping you guys will have the same pattern down there.
    2006 Rx'd Cymbalta for approx 1 yr. WD after 4 mos - didn't realize was WD,took Zoloft and Klonopin; tapered K. Spring 2012 experienced major WD symptoms while tapering Zoloft; tried to updose but no relief, back on K 1 mg. Switched over 5-6 mos from Zoloft to Citalopram. Finished Zoloft 1/13; now on Citalopram 35 mg and 1 mg Klonopin. Started to experience withdrawal symptoms from switch (?) approx. 3 months after finished Zoloft (4/13). Now at 35 mg and hoping to start slow taper

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    Aww, thanks for checking in amani!

I’m doing OK, but we’re having a terrible heatwave here, and it’s hard even for normal people. Ever since I started my mild detox (for my feet) everything triggers detox. So, this heat is making me have a bit too much detox. But, at least I feel like any suffering I do now is productive, as opposed to being stuck or even going backwards like last summer. And my feet are much better than last summer, thank goodness. And my heat tolerance is better, but this is still pretty unpleasant.

My essay is kicking my butt. I swing from thinking it’s great to thinking it’s dumb! :) It should be done in about a week. I’m working hard on it. At the very least, I’m learning tons, and it’s neuro-rehabilitative. Thanks for tracking that!
    oh sorry this heat waves is causing you unpleasant symptoms but it is great that overall you are stronger and you are seeing a progress... so happy for you :) i hope this heat waves will end soon and i hope you feel so much better what it does...even better than before it started...

about your essay: i find it so hard to believe that it is dumb, so i am just going to ignore that comment :)
    but yes it must be a great exercise for your brain... are you going to post it on this site?
    have been on antidepressants for more than 17 years.
    Was on zoloft/sertraline 100mg for the last 2-3 years.
    Tapered over 2.5 months, ending october 24 2012.
    reinstating AD:
    march 28: started on 25mg sertraline, took it for 2 days
    april 1: 12.5mg - only for one day
    april 9: started on 2.5mg sertraline
    april 17: increased to 5 mg

sheila please update us on your feet I know they have been unbearably uncomfortable for you
    Put on citalopram July 2009 during a physical illness - didnt need it. 40mg
    went down to 20mg July 2010 CT in Jan 2012 - 2.5 years on.
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    Down to 1.5mg from the failed RI
    Now at 0.48 and trying to stabalize - been 6 weeks
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this

Michelle – The detox I’m doing is different from your friends’. From being in w/d too long, and my body not working right, I seem to have built up toxicity overall, but worst in my feet. So, I started a very, very gentle detox – just a low dose of a plant-based digestive enzyme on an empty stomach, which has caused detox.

Is your friend doing the kind of thing where there’s a filament in the water and you plug it in? I have heard mixed claims about whether that works, but I don’t think it would cause any harm. It costs some money, so you might want to borrow it from your friend first and see how it feels.

Thanks so much for asking about my article, but this one I don’t want to leak to the press yet! :) The first part of it is already posted on my blog, if you want to look at that. The second part should be ready soon.

“Psi” is the latest broad term for anything psychic – telepathy, clairvoyance, psychokinesis, etc.

Yeah, the jet stream is out of position and affecting you and me. It does seem like we’re over the worst of it, thank goodness!

-- Holger Kalweit

amani – That’s so sweet – I actually do think there’s a chance I might feel better after the heatwave than before it started since it has forced some detox, and that moves me ahead in my healing!

Ha ha! Thanks for your loyal support! The essay will be posted on my blog. Damn, now it had better be good, since I’ve chatted it up so much! :)

-- Holger Kalweit

Iggster – My feet are getting slowly, non-linearly better. Thank goodness. It was scary last summer, because I didn’t know what to do. Now, I have three treatments going on – the detox enzymes, chiropractic, and the Omega-3. And my feet are becoming less severe. Any change triggers detox, though, which is exhausting -- but less exhausting than it was earlier on.

Oh, this is an interesting factoid – my toenails are coming in lighter and smoother. A light pink instead of a dark pink. You can see a very marked demarcation line across the middle of them. Seems like a good sign!

-- Holger Kalweit