Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Sheila’s path through the dark, terrifying, magical, magnificent woods

You are a very strong and kind person to still continue to help others here.

Acceptance. Time. Habit.

yes, i agree 100% with Moui...you have been struggling with so many symptoms and for so many years and yet you still give us all the attention and support whenever we are having a bad day!!
    you are such an amazing person!! thank you thank you thank you...
    have been on antidepressants for more than 17 years.
    Was on zoloft/sertraline 100mg for the last 2-3 years.
    Tapered over 2.5 months, ending october 24 2012.
    reinstating AD:
    march 28: started on 25mg sertraline, took it for 2 days
    april 1: 12.5mg - only for one day
    april 9: started on 2.5mg sertraline
    april 17: increased to 5 mg

Stan – I know you worry for me. Thank you.

Luc – Ha ha! How about Complicated Healing Disorder – When attempting to heal continues longer than 6 months…..

mona, Moui, and amani – Thank you very much. I wouldn’t have wished this journey on the worst person who ever existed in all of history. However, it’s also true that I have gained great riches from it. And, now, I’m determined to make ways for myself and others to heal and grow that are *not* so gruesome.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Iggy – LOL – luckily I can swim….and I’m turning into a fish….

Michael Lewis is not well-versed in our syndrome, although he had heard about it once from someone – he couldn’t remember who – who had suffered from AD wd and got tremendous benefit from Omega-3 – he didn’t know how much or how long.

He did mention the number 12,000 as a target, but he thought we would only need that for a month, which is clearly wrong. He also told me he is working with retired NFL players who are taking 18,000 ongoingly and the young man Ghassemi who was in a coma from MVA is taking 9000 ongoingly. This is cutting-edge. *We* are the discoverers. I will be telling *him* what we discover. His focus is on TBI from war, sports, accident.

I don’t want to inundate him with emails. He is extremely busy. And he could be charging me for consultation, but he isn’t. But, I will be writing him again, and I already have his permission to post what he says. I’m also going to be corresponding with some other MDs who are really into Omega-3 for neuro and psych.

Whey – I did eat whey for breakfast a few years ago. I also tried those capsules – Swanson Lactium milk protein. I seem to tolerate that fine, but they didn’t do much for me at the time. And now I do *not* need to detox faster! :) It’s already really too much for me and not what I would choose to do right now, but my feet insist.

But, they might work for you. Have you looked into the Lactium for calming? Alto is the one who knows all about this. See if she has something about it on SA.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Quote Originally Posted by Moui View Post
    You are a very strong and kind person to still continue to help others here.

I can`t agree more!
    150mgs Effexor for 4 years 2008-2012 for situational Major Depression. No AD before
    Tapered 150-0mgs in 3 months / last dose July 26th/2012 aprox.
    Acute W/D first 1-2 months
    Protracted W/D since then and slowly recovering.
    Main symptoms: Anxiety, Insomnia,Anhedonia.
    April 9th- 20th SEVERE DEPRESSION.
    11 months off.Slowly improving

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    And now, back to 2012.

And this is the main discovery – that people who are in w/d for a long time (I mean many, many years post-taper), especially if they are middle aged or older, are more likely to get stuck in their recovery or get sicker. The intial neuro-endocrinological damage caused by the drugs, if it doesn’t self-repair fast enough, can cause secondary ailments to develop. This is what my feet taught me, because they didn’t become a problem until many years after my last SSRI dose, and this despite a very diligent healing regimen. But, I was getting well too slowly and several things happened – chronic muscle tension caused new problems, chronic hormone imbalance or neuropathy may have caused problems, and my liver probably wasn’t keeping up and my body became more toxic – at least in some ways. It may have become less toxic in other ways.
    i see it seem so with my body

I also think actually that the body can make mistakes and make worse things when all is too complicated to repair and he sometimes ends to take for good what is poorly repaired, and when he realizes he starts repair again, and still more slowly and a little hesitant, lost in the functions for which he was not originally designed;
    a stroke is maybe better repaired, because all body is fine except some local place, and the scar is controled; in paxil, it is as poisoned by lead, acid, in random and the damages are multiples everywhere and not local;
    Last edited by stan; 06-15-2013 at 12:29 PM.
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Sheila, I admire you so very much!
    You have gone through do much, yet you are always there to help, to support and educate ..!!
    I am grateful for you, and wish continuous healing and wellness.
    Sending you much love, and many hugs,
    biscotaki

alex & bisco – Thank you very much for your sweet words.

stan – I think you are right that, in some ways, pervasive neuro-toxin repair is more complicated than localized stroke. Of course, it it is question of degree with both – you could have a massive stroke v. mild neuro-toxic exposure, in which case the stroke would be much harder to repair.

But, at this point, I do not think the neurological system makes mistakes in its self-repair. Some repair may result in temporary over-activity until other homeostatic mechanisms adjust.

But, I think that sometimes the self-repair may not happen fast enough and so more damage is accruing. For example, to put it simply, if the neuro-endo damage to my liver did not repair fast enough, it led to toxic build-up in my feet.

I suspect this problem of self-repair not happening fast enough is more typical of older people, who heal more slowly. So, this is an additional benefit of the Omega-3 – it provides *more* building materials, so repair can happen faster, and thus you avoid additional damage accruing over time.

-- Holger Kalweit

oh Sheila, I love your positive attitude and the way you explain things makes me feel calmer....
    Put on citalopram July 2009 during a physical illness - didnt need it. 40mg
    went down to 20mg July 2010 CT in Jan 2012 - 2.5 years on.
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    Down to 1.5mg from the failed RI
    Now at 0.48 and trying to stabalize - been 6 weeks
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this

-- Holger Kalweit