Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Sheila’s path through the dark, terrifying, magical, magnificent woods

Ok, it's getting "curiouser and curiouser" as they say...
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

I was just reading through some success stories on another siite, a guy came on to do a 3.5 year update and I noticed this paragraph and thought of this thread

numbness and tingling in my feet- left foot worse than the right one. The intensity of this does not seem to have changed, however, in my left foot the numbness/tingling seem to be consolidating in my toes which I will consider an improvement.

what is it with the left foot thing?
    Put on citalopram July 2009 during a physical illness - didnt need it. 40mg
    went down to 20mg July 2010 CT in Jan 2012 - 2.5 years on.
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    Down to 1.5mg from the failed RI
    Now at 0.48 and trying to stabalize - been 6 weeks
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this

Thanks for taking the trouble to post that, Iggy! I did a little Googling –

From Jana Dixon – The Biology of Kundalini --

Spontaneous symptoms of Kundalini awakening include –

Muscle twitching, cramps or spasms, shaking, trembling, limpness, rigid-contraction, facial contortions. Itching, vibrating, pricking, tingling, effervescent bubbles of bliss. Tingling/throbbing in left foot and leg is one of the main signs that kundalini is active. Hot or cold changes in body temperature. Shooting currents of energy or heat. Zigzag or double helix of energy up the spine. Prana flow in the central nervous system. Pulsating sensation in the sacrum…..

Left eyelid flickers, then towards the end of the awakening the right eye may flicker….

Breathing constriction, heaviness or contraction of diaphragm. Unusual breathing patterns, tendency to belly breathe, emphatic out-breath. Racing heart, expansion pains in heart….

Strange aches and head pressures, headaches. Clenching jaw. Yawning, excessive sleep. Inability to sleep during hyperactivation; Hyperactivity, need to constantly walk or exercise. Dry throat, great thirst. Feeling headlessness, mindless, giddy, heaviness of head like one is wearing a helmet. Build up of pressure at the head, neck, spine, thorax and eyes….

Numbness and pain in limbs, especially the left foot and leg. Numbness on the left scalp and down into left face, with drooping of the left eyelid. Years of pain in the throat (thyroid) or in the left foot or shin prior to the awakening. Loss of strength in the arms….

http://biologyofkundalini.com/articl...y=SymptomsList

From a comment in a discussion forum by “Jananz” --

….I haven't worked out why the left side is generally "felt" more, but some neurophysicist might be able to tell us. I suspect that K. changes its methods thoughout the millennia...doing different things at different times depending on the evolutionary needs of the humans. I suspect that the right brain is becoming more dominant now, as our psi and deep-nature connection is increasing to help ensure human species survival.

http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/arc...p/t-6228.html?

And from skimming a few more sites, I hypothesize –

The left hemisphere / right body is more about ego, work, dominance. It is over-used in our current Western cultures.

The right hemisphere / left body is more about your true self, play, peaceful communion. It is under-used in our current Western cultures.

The mind-altering substances we took and then withdrew from have triggered an opening to the latent Kundalini potential which is in everyone, but doesn’t always get activated.

Many of us need to develop, unblock, rewire our right hemispheres a lot. This causes neurological and endocrinological changes, as well as opening us up to new energy flow which we’re not equipped to handle yet. This healing / building process shows up as temporary pains and dysfunctions on the left side of the body. Blockages are being broken down and weakness is being built up.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

French Café Moderator Cosette123's Avatar
    Thanks Sheila for these very interesting explanations /Hypothesis .I still have problems with my left side of body but you give me hope to heal one day...
    Severe anxiety since childhood .SSRIs for OCD.
    Major traumatism in my life:Prozac during short periods.
    Deroxat (=Paxil) during 7 years.
    Three unsuccessful atempts to quit.
    Deroxat free since may 2008 (Cold turkey )

I’m so glad that was reassuring to you, Françoise. It can be *hard* to go through the process of being improved and remodeled. But Kundalini *always* has the goal of making you more whole, healthy, and happy. You can count on that.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Shelia, I'm so glad you are here. Reading your story, wow you are such a strong person. You really help so many people. Thank you. Are you still working?

Gosh, thanks, m&m. That's so kind of you.

I had to cut back on work repeatedly, until now I work about five hours a week over the phone. Even that was barely manageable for a long time, but it has slowly gotten more doable.

-- Holger Kalweit

This is all very interesting. The problem I'm having at the moment is the left leg/knee. I've never heard of this until now, but the phrase "biology of kundalini" seems to fit my situation.I'm looking forward to learning more.

Ha! Another mysterious left-side-more-symptomatic person!

annie, have you checked out my blog for stuff on Kundalini and psych meds? You might be interested in --

http://neuroscienceandpsi.blogspot.c...-recovery.html

http://neuroscienceandpsi.blogspot.c...kundalini.html

And there is more and more on the Internet on Kundalini in general.

-- Holger Kalweit

Sheila, I wish you would reach out more and keep us updated with how YOU are doing. You spend so much time reassuring and helping others but say very little about how you are feeling and letting us support you too.

BTW David Healy apparently says long term ssri w/d is resolved in 4-8 years, thats you nearly there then!

How are you doing?
    Put on citalopram July 2009 during a physical illness - didnt need it. 40mg
    went down to 20mg July 2010 CT in Jan 2012 - 2.5 years on.
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    Down to 1.5mg from the failed RI
    Now at 0.48 and trying to stabalize - been 6 weeks
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this