Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Sheila’s path through the dark, terrifying, magical, magnificent woods

sheila, what are your worst symptoms now? anxiety?
    Put on citalopram July 2009 during a physical illness - didnt need it. 40mg
    went down to 20mg July 2010 CT in Jan 2012 - 2.5 years on.
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    Down to 1.5mg from the failed RI
    Now at 0.48 and trying to stabalize - been 6 weeks
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this

Right at the moment, my worst symptom is a foot problem that I'm thinking of as a secondary ailment caused by being under the stress of w/d for so long. IOW, it is not a w/d symptom, per se, but it was caused by having w/d symptoms for a long time. It's making good progress now with the help of chiropractic adjustment and digestive enzymes.

Iggy -- you are in dealing with w/d, reinstatement, and tapering, and your anxiety is horrendous. I had horrendous anxiety, and I guarantee that, even in the worst case, it gets better and better and better. And you have been on fewer drugs for less time than I, so I really think you will not have the worst case. I think your anxiety is going to get better very soon as you taper *slowly*. You may still have some w/d anxiety, but it will be much, much better than it is now.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    Right at the moment, my worst symptom is a foot problem that I'm thinking of as a secondary ailment caused by being under the stress of w/d for so long. IOW, it is not a w/d symptom, per se, but it was caused by having w/d symptoms for a long time.
    i notice this also,
    being under severe chemical stress and muscles tensed for so long creates deteriorations, and even withdrawal will practically go away, these deteriorations are here, i suffer in spine and ribcage and will have serious problems here, even withdrawal will go away; four and more years of inflammations pains give traces
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

There is no end to symptoms! I have not mentioned the foot before, thinking it is just me! I have times when I cannot put my foot down and walk on it, and in fact it happened just yestereday when I went to go for a walk. I persisted for about 10mins and then decided to turn back, but before I got back to the car, it was better! I have noticed my knees play up from time to time too.

I have had ribcage and sternum pain (bone pain) but this has improved with the 2.5% taper as with hip and backpain. I do have some back pain, but that is because I have been sitting a lot in car travelling. I am keen to see if my backpain is mine or w/d related - along with leg tingling and vibrations.

I am convinced, with more time, Stan you will see improvement. I don't want to be pessimistic, but after all the years you were on and with age, it might be something like 5 or 6 years and surely see some improvement in other areas soon.

Though it's not as severe as Sheila described is in her case, I, too, experience (intermittently) problems with my left foot - there are days when walking causes pain - curiously enough, the very next day it's just not there.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Wow! And someone else in w/d just told me they had foot problems, too! I don't remember this being written about much on the forums over the years. And my problem came on slowly later in w/d until this year it went bang. Very curious.

Stan -- Yes, that is what I am thinking now -- that some of us may need to get treatment for secondary ailments that emerge from long-term, severe stress. But, I do believe those secondary ailments will be much more amenable to treatment than the w/d itself was.

gD -- Can you say more about your feet? What is it that makes them difficult to walk on?

Luc -- Kundalini awakenings often start in the left foot. My left foot is far worse than my right foot.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Luc -- Kundalini awakenings often start in the left foot. My left foot is far worse than my right foot.[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by squirrel View Post
    Luc -- Kundalini awakenings often start in the left foot. My left foot is far worse than my right foot.
    [/QUOTE]
    Sorry about the above post!
    I have problems in my left foot too!

It makes it seem like there's more going on in the right brain hemisphere than the left for many of us....

-- Holger Kalweit

i had surgery in my left ankle, and my left foot has also problems, the right is quite well;
    but i have a most heavy problem, i have akathisia/ataxia standing(parkinson like) with mental suffering when standing, off balance, so the worse of a foot is secondary for me
    Last edited by stan; 10-08-2012 at 02:38 AM.
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish