Thread: Sheila’s path through the dark, terrifying, magical, magnificent woods

Threaded View

Paradiso

From as early as March 04, I have gotten brief, tantalizing glimpses of a joyful life up ahead.

My reading suggests that shamanic initiatory illnesses are long, grueling, and come to an end, leaving the initiate once again able to function in the normal ways, but also happier and more powerful than before s/he went into the transformative ordeal.

Since approximately the beginning of 2010, I am having more and more synchronicities, precognition, flow, or alignment within myself, and between myself and the Tao. Things occasionally happen very easily and magically. It’s still sporadic, but there is a trend.

I hope to be able to experience that magnificent alignment, more and more of the time, when you are being your true self, speaking your truth, where you’re supposed to be, doing what you’re supposed to be doing, with the people you’re supposed to be with, knowing what you need to know.

And then, I will be able to say with Dante, at the end of his travels, when he gets his first taste of personal synchronization with the cosmos: "But already my desire and my will were being turned like a wheel, all at one speed, by the Love which moves the sun and the other stars."

And, ideally, I hope to be able to say it in Italian! ;) “Ma giŕ volgeva il mio disio e 'l velle, sě come rota ch'igualmente č mossa, l'amor che move il sole e l'altre stelle.”
    Last edited by Sheila; 08-30-2011 at 02:38 AM.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit