Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12

Thread: Sheila’s path through the dark, terrifying, magical, magnificent woods

Hm I might have to give the quinoa another go. It is good I have to admit. Quinoa, chicken or turkey, some broccoli,kale,lettuce, slice of avocado and a bit of olive oil. I could eat that all day every day.. I can't cook anything tasty so I have to use ingredients that are good whatever you do with it lol..

My fear, my fear.. but this is your journal. I'm invading now. I'm not 100% convinced .. over 50% though, maybe we'll get there in time, the longer time that passes. Traumatized? Yup.
    Acceptance. Time. Habit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSNrKS-sCE0

I was watching ted talk vids today and that came up, I don't know if you've seen it before.
    Acceptance. Time. Habit.

Thanks, Moui! I haven’t seen that one. I’ll watch it. Have you seen the Jill Bolte Taylor TED talk?
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Moui – I watched the TED and there was a synchro because I have just been reading about bird flocking and fish schools in Rupert Sheldrake!

It was interesting that the guy pointed out how much we like synchronization, how much we crave it.

I was also struck by the point that you can have too much synchronization. This seemed like it might be a useful metaphor for us right now. We crave that feeling of Flow, synchronization, synchronicity, yet w/d is characterized by a *lot* of desynchronization, disharmony, dysautonomia.

That *feels* like a bad thing, period. But, somehow it is a necessary part of so many big transformations – like, shamanic initiatory illnesses. Or -- children often lose developmental achievements temporarily and regress just before they make another developmental leap.

It’s like Barbara’s signature – you must have chaos to give birth to a dancing star.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Hmm, I recognize Jill but I have no idea. I guess I'll have to watch that.

Also the overpill on iawp channel. I haven't watched those vids as I'm already on the inside hehe. Come to think of it I still haven't watched the 1 hour Healy video someone posted earlier. It's bookmarked but I keep putting it off.. I think if there was a cure I would've heard by now. And knowing that psychiatry/pharmaceutical industry is broken is too late.. too late!
    Acceptance. Time. Habit.