Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone read this book?

Has anyone read this book?

I recently stumbled across this book and was reading excerpts on Amazon...is anyone here familiar with it? I'm thinking of buying it, but wondered if anyone else has read it? It is called Rewiring the Brain and is written by Rajnish Roy

http://rewiringthebrain.net/index.htm

Hi, Cindy! I haven't heard of it. It looks like it's worth a try. He was an ambassador and career diplomat! Interesting! If you do get it, please write us a little review -- yea or nay -- in "Media." Thanks!

<< Cindy reading Rajnish
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Ok thanks! Will do

Cindy, when I read your post, I was curious how you came across the book? I haven't heard of it either.
    "You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star." -- Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Cindy View Post
    I recently stumbled across this book and was reading excerpts on Amazon...is anyone here familiar with it? I'm thinking of buying it, but wondered if anyone else has read it? It is called Rewiring the Brain and is written by Rajnish Roy

http://rewiringthebrain.net/index.htm

Hi Cindy.........

In recent years there have been books published, by various authors, on the subject of "rewiring the brain". I do have several of these books, although I have not read the one you have presented.

With that said, I truly believe the book would be well worth every cent. IMHO, you have everything to gain and nothing to lose.

As Sheila mentioned, if you do purchase it, do post a review.

BTW, many times people write reviews of the books they have purchased at Amazon. You may wish to scroll down on Amazon's page to read such reviews. It may help you make a decision.

Samsara
    Nobody's gonna break my stride......nobody's gonna slow me down......Oh no, I gotta keep on moving." (Men at Work)

"To face my trials with the grace of a woman rather than the grief of a child". (Veronica A. Shoffstall)

40 Months drug-free from kindling & tolerance WD (Doxepin) + many past C/T & C/switches from benzos, ADs, and APs, Lithium & thryoid h rx'd for severe GI symptoms.

Sam...thanks for the input I didn't think about reading the reviews on Amazon, but I will check that out.

Barbara, I was just googling on natural ways to relieve stress and it popped up...after I posted I also found the following link which gives a very good "sample" of the book.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/56133561/Rewiring-the-Brain

Sam...thanks for the input I didn't think about reading the reviews on Amazon, but I will check that out.

Barbara, I was just googling on natural ways to relieve stress and it popped up...after I posted I also found the following link which gives a very good "sample" of the book.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/56133561/Rewiring-the-Brain
    You're welcome Cindy! Thank you for sharing this link. I have read part of it and will read more later but I was impressed with his thoughts re: the limitations, restrictions and barriers that can exist with "traditional" meditation. I really agree with a lot of what was presented while at the same time, not discounting the benefits of traditional meditation. Some people do well with it and others not so much. It can actually make some feel worse. I've done a lot of experimenting as well as research on the subject.

I still have to read the rest of link though since, I can't read too much on-line. I tried to print out the material presented in the link but when I copied and pasted, it came through in the foreign language it was originally written in. :(

I'm going to go to Amazon and read some of the reviews IF there are any reviews to read.

Thanks for sharing this with us. I may be buying the book myself. :)

Samsara
    Nobody's gonna break my stride......nobody's gonna slow me down......Oh no, I gotta keep on moving." (Men at Work)

"To face my trials with the grace of a woman rather than the grief of a child". (Veronica A. Shoffstall)

40 Months drug-free from kindling & tolerance WD (Doxepin) + many past C/T & C/switches from benzos, ADs, and APs, Lithium & thryoid h rx'd for severe GI symptoms.

Samsara, I did check Amazon and there were no reviews, but there was one on Barnes and Nobel.

Samsara, I did check Amazon and there were no reviews, but there was one on Barnes and Nobel.
    I went into Amazon, after I posted to you, but I couldn't find any reviews either. :(

Thanks for the Barnes and Noble tip. I will check it out.

Samsara

I meant Noble