Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Samsara's AD WD Journey

So sorry to hear of this hard time you are having Samsara. Tooth pain is the pits. I've had a couple of root canals and I will always remember the pain I suffered before having the first one. Four Mersyndol didn't touch it and I ended up having to go home from work. What made it worse was that I had to catch a train and suffer the pain all the way home! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....

I know you said you didn't want the tooth removed because it's your last molar, but I think you need to ask yourself if the pain and all the associated CNS issues you are having right now is worth it?

Wishing you all the good luck and vibes that you both need and deserve. Also sendings loads of healing energy.
    Aropax (Paxil). Currently at 13mg and holding.
    Added Endep (amitrypline) 12.5 for sleep - 11 July 2013

"There are things that are known and things that are unknown; in between are doors." - Anonymous

I’m sending positive, healing, protective energy right away. And I’m asking the Universe and all the forces of humanism and mercy to give you help right away.

Remember, you are never alone. We, your friends here at IAWP, are *always* connected to you through the ether now. And you are connected to others who care about you from your past, present, and future – all the time.

You are doing such an excellent job of coping! You’re really covering all the bases, and being diligently self-caring. You’re thought of excellent coping techniques in the middle of terror and agony.

I’m so sorry! Teeth are so unpleasant to deal with at the best of times, and in w/d, just that much more threatening.

But, you will definitely be OK. You are not in danger of anything terrible. I know you know that. But *I* need to hear that over and over from others, so maybe it helps for you to hear it….

I think it’s extremely likely that your regular dentist and a course of antibiotics will fix this up very quickly.

Try to post again to help yourself feel a little more connected to help and caring.

What about avoiding lying down for now? And temporarily resting in a different place? Sitting propped up, reclining (this is how I have had to sleep for years for sinus reasons) in a chair or sofa?

Do you have an acupuncturist you know? Only if you already know someone, it might work to have a session to calm the system.

Does it help to move your body? Walking through the house? Ground out the pain and excess energy, through your feet into the Earth. Does it help to listen to music, watch a movie to distract, get a mini-break?

I know it feels like Hell and like it will never end. I have been in that state myself countless times. *It always ends.* We are very lucky to have something that everyone recovers from. It’s completely awful, and completely unfair, but it does end, and then you are going to feel great!

Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

French Café Moderator Cosette123's Avatar
    Dear Samsara my thoughts are with you and I send you positive and healing energy.You are not alone:you have real friends here .
    Severe anxiety since childhood .SSRIs for OCD.
    Major traumatism in my life:Prozac during short periods.
    Deroxat (=Paxil) during 7 years.
    Three unsuccessful atempts to quit.
    Deroxat free since may 2008 (Cold turkey )

Thank you ever so much everyone! I sincerely appreciate all the positive, protective, healing energy and best wishes!

I did not go to the dentist today since, the pain eased up considerably and I thought things were going to be okay however, I'm back into the severe pain again, so, I will be calling the dentist for certain tomorrow. Something occurred to me re: when I initially had the abscess. The pain did ease up at one point and I thought I was going to be fine only for it to return again.......so these recent events seem to be in alignment with the concept the there is indeed an infection going on. Darn, I so thought that I was improving today and that it would hold stready. :(

With that said, I do seem to be in better shape emotionally (not feeling as severely traumatized and thus, feel more capable of handling things with the dentist tomorrow. Oh, and the severe stomach, shivering etc. have also significantly improved despite the tooth pain reoccuring but these have been replaced with a massive headache all day. Hope none of those other symptoms return since, the tooth pain is enough to content with.

In any case, I will insist on seeing the dentist tomorrow or, at the very least, get him to call in a prescription for an antibiotic so I get started on that ASAP.

I hope to respond more fully to your posts as soon as I have the strength to do so. Again, I can't thank you all enough for being there for me. It has helped me feel less alone in all this.

BTW, Sheila, I appreciate the suggestions and had implemented one which did seem to help. I will elaborate more at a later time.

Better sign off now since, with the pain increasing so too is the WD induced anxiety increasing. I guess the pain stirs up my CNS too much.

Take care and hang in there everyone. I'm sending healing vibes to all of you as well!

Samsara
    Nobody's gonna break my stride......nobody's gonna slow me down......Oh no, I gotta keep on moving." (Men at Work)

"To face my trials with the grace of a woman rather than the grief of a child". (Veronica A. Shoffstall)

40 Months drug-free from kindling & tolerance WD (Doxepin) + many past C/T & C/switches from benzos, ADs, and APs, Lithium & thryoid h rx'd for severe GI symptoms.

hi Samsara,

when there is abscess, maybe Junior is right to extract, when i had abscess, the teeth never was ok,
    i do not know enough about,
    can an abscess be cured after antibiotics?

make for the best for you!
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

That's so great to hear that you are feeling a smidgen better! You sound stronger!

I had a couple of other small ideas -- What about sucking on ice or holding cool water in your mouth to calm down some of the heat? What about salt gargle to dull the pain at least a tiny bit?

You're really doing an incredible job of handling this. We all are. This is such hell. But we have so much to look forward to. So much.

Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Thank you so much for the ideas and for the support and please forgive me for not being able to respond more fully ATM. I have another extremely violent night of sickness (same as the other night) and it truly felt like close to acute WD. I had downplayed the other night in an effort to try to keep myself as detraumatized as possible but I have been literally afraid for my life and I'm shaken up really badly. In fact, I feel very traumatized right now although I am feeling so much better physically.

I couldn't figure out WHY or HOW it was possible to feel in a near acute WD state but I finally made the connection and I will write about what provoked these violent and frightening attacks that lasted ALL NIGHT LONG without one minute of sleep.

I called the dentist and did get in today and that's another story but my tooth feels better already (just hope this last adjustment makes all the difference) and that I can land up saving my tooth.

Now I am suppose to take antibiotics again and I'm really afraid to do so but I have no choice. I'm not taking anything tonight though since, I NEED to keep my body free from any type of invasion of any kind and allow it and my psyche to regroup. Please keep sending your beautiful intentions my way. I'm so badly traumatized ATM but at least I now KNOW what happened and that, in of itself provides me with some comfort, on the other hand it does not. TBH, I'm terrified to take the antibiotics especially when there is no one close by to be available to me should anything severe occur.

Will share more (since it's very important for me to mention this to others who are in WD) as soon as I can detraumatize myself. Bless you all for being there for me! I'm really emotionally right now due to trauma as well as feeling grateful for your support. I just woke up for a 2 hour nap and I hope to sleep for my usual 4 hours tonight (which will feel like a dream compared to the violent sleepless nights I've had lately.

I hope to write more in a few days.

BTW, Sheila......thank you again for more suggestions. I will do the ice chip thing. It helps to have someone think for me since, I was so severely "out of it" and literally hanging on for my life that my mind could not think of anything else. I'd did so the salt water thing and I'm going to continue to do so.

Stan, please hang in there. Aside from these recent attacks (which BTW, you will NOT incur since it was NOT a WD attack per se), I had these bursts of symptoms as what you are experiencing. I truly believe the receptors are now in their final "let's get this job done once and for all" mode. They are cleaning up and stirring up some dust in the process but it will all settle very soon.

Just realize something. Despite feeling so traumatized ........this is the first time my mind has felt half sane in weeks. I have been really "out of it" mentally and trying to construct an email or post felt next to impossible but this evening my mind feels "unlocked" from a grip of intense mental confusion.

Thank you so much again everyone!

Samsara
    Nobody's gonna break my stride......nobody's gonna slow me down......Oh no, I gotta keep on moving." (Men at Work)

"To face my trials with the grace of a woman rather than the grief of a child". (Veronica A. Shoffstall)

40 Months drug-free from kindling & tolerance WD (Doxepin) + many past C/T & C/switches from benzos, ADs, and APs, Lithium & thryoid h rx'd for severe GI symptoms.

BTW. I was able to get my regular dentist and he was very comforting to me. I wasn't able to hold it together 100 percent since, I had just emerged from a sleepless, violent night so I was extremely shaken up and he and his staff likely think I'm a bit "off" but I don't care. I was just grateful that the violent sickness lifted and I was able to physically get to the app't albeit barely able to drive due to complete exhaustion and feeling traumatized.

Despite what he and his staff may think.........they were very kind to me which I am grateful for.

And I did run into the "other" dentist and he showed no offense to me and I none towards him. I told him that my decision had nothing personal to do with him personally but rather, I really needed to have fresh eyes to look into my situation as well as needing someone "familiar" to provide me with a sense of safety at this time. So, all went well between him and I but I'm sure glad I had enough nerve to request the change since, it is obvious that the "newer" dentist had made a few critical errors which did not serve me well.

Although I'm not impressed with his work and never wish to go to him again, he is such a wonderful soul in many ways and so I'm keeping focused on this since, I don't wish to hate him for the errors he has made. Things happen but I sure hope my dentist shares a few things with him since, I don't wish for another patient to suffer needlessly. Despite being a nice man, he just may not be cut out for dentistry.

I've had a few really bad dentists in my days and like anything else in life, we need to learn how to protect ourselves and thus, I'm so glad I wasn't timid about requesting what I felt I needed and wanted. TBH, I was too terrified to let him continue anymore work on my tooth since, the 3 times I saw him, he appeared not to exhibit comfort and ease in his work. This bothered me and I remember thinking (don't see this guy again) but I thought I was being paranoid. Turns out I was intuitively as well as observationally correct in my assessments and feelings. I should have went with this rather than continued to see him.

Forgive my poor writing, grammar etc. but I'm just pounding out what I can for now and I've likely repeated some points. Sorry about that. :)

Samsara

Hi Samsara

So glad to hear from you but so sorry that you've been having such a rough time. Am I to infer from your first post above that it was the first course of antibiotics that have brought on this horrible wave you've been going through?

Hang in there. We're all here for you and I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say we wish you a speedy 'recovery' from this latest wave along with the dental issues.

Junior
    Aropax (Paxil). Currently at 13mg and holding.
    Added Endep (amitrypline) 12.5 for sleep - 11 July 2013

"There are things that are known and things that are unknown; in between are doors." - Anonymous

hello Samsara,
    i see you have passed difficulties, it is good, now you have to sleep and it will be ok

12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish