Thread: Fluctuations in Thyroid Functioning Created by Psyche Drug WD

Fluctuations in Thyroid Functioning Created by Psyche Drug WD

WD creates many imbalances; one of those being imbalance in thyroid functioning.

Symptoms of thyroid dysfunction can include hair loss, skin problems, body temperature fluctuations (to name a few).

I believe it's important to be aware of the factors that can further contribute to thyroid imbalances while we are recovering from psyche drugs.

Here is a link to one of IAWP's files:

http://antidepressantwithdrawal.info...=1396#post1396

While this article is geared towards those who have thyroid disorders (independent from psyche drug WD) there is no doubt that our thyroid functioning can become dysregulated during WD and thus, I feel this article provides relevant information to assist us during recovery.

Notice that certain foods can lower thyroid function. Seasonal climate changes also alter thyroid functioning, along with many other things (please read article for further information).

Samsara

Forgot to mention:

WD induced thyroid functioning dsyregulation usually self-corrects, over the course of time, as one recovers from the negative effects of psyche drug WD.

Samsara

Quote Originally Posted by Samsara View Post
    Forgot to mention:

WD induced thyroid functioning dsyregulation usually self-corrects, over the course of time, as one recovers from the negative effects of psyche drug WD.

Samsara
    i just recently read a testimony from a girl (30 years old) who took 13 years benzo, had thyroid functioning dsyregulation treated by meds, took meds and after 3 years off needed no more thyroid meds.
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Quote Originally Posted by stan View Post
    i just recently read a testimony from a girl (30 years old) who took 13 years benzo, had thyroid functioning dsyregulation treated by meds, took meds and after 3 years off needed no more thyroid meds.

I'm glad you wrote about this story. I've seen similar such stories as well Stan. Note that it took her THREE years for things to self-correct. We are closing in on the 3 year mark Stan. We just have to hang in there for a few more months.

BTW, I've also read of people having asthma problems while on psyche meds. Once they stop the meds and completely recovered from WD the chronic asthma condition disappeared.

As we know, these drugs and the WD effects cause so many unbelievable imbalances.

Samsara