That was a great article by Julia Johnson.

Samsara, you bring up an interesting point that one aspect of déjà vu in w/d might relate to the extraordinary vividness of memories that we experience (both on the meds and in w/d).

I think déjà vu is one of those phenomena that it is best to approach pluralistically. In other words, it can be the result of different processes. It’s not just one thing.

Sometimes, it is most likely a neurological burp – a processing error that creates a misleading impression.

Sometimes, it’s likely just having had a very similar conjunction of events before.

Sometimes, it might be a memory of a past life.

But, it seems likely that sometimes it’s the result of precognition or the memory of something you experienced but don’t remember, such as an out-of-body experience while asleep. I also think time slips happen – where you suddenly travel forward or backward through time.

BTW, temporal lobe epilepsy has been associated for centuries with psychic ability.

Another interesting angle on this is how is déjà vu related to synchronicity. I’ll retrieve the synchronicity thread starter from SA and post it here.

I do get déjà vu, but only rarely. I am more likely to have synchronicities, and I’ve noticed synchronicity increases as I heal and in windows of feeling better – and much more so than before w/d.

So, Luc, you say you’ve had a lot of déjà vu prior to drugs, less during waves, and more again during w/d windows. Here’s my question – in windows, are you having *more* than before meds? If so, this might jibe with my theory that recovery from neuro damage can lead to increased psi. Possibly, déjà vu is more likely to occur when you’re more relaxed, with more alpha and / or theta waves.