Thread: Barbara's encounter with "The Spirit Of The Depths"

Threaded View

Barbara's encounter with "The Spirit Of The Depths"

Now I'm able to say this has been a relentless adventure from the Tao. Unexpectedly, I became a major support network for a best friend who began a journey through withdrawal that had very few sign posts. We had no real resources to go to in the beginning and out of not knowing, small clues began to create a path.

Years before, when starting college, I found I was drawn to literature classes because I was captivated by the complexities and paradoxes in peoples lives. Then, I started graduate school in Education, with an emphasis on Special Education because I was becoming aware that I learned differently from my peers. I hadn't yet identified that I had ADHD.

This path eventually led to my interest in Psychology and currently I have been in private practice as a Psychotherapist for over 25 years. Now I'm wanting to venture out into another career path which is not completely clear at this time -- although, I'm finding IAWP is a lead into the next door opening.

Through experiencing the withdrawal process with such a close personal friend for many years, I have come to honor a descent experience that has transpired in both of our separate journeys. And I have encountered what Jung calls "The Spirit of the Depths." Now, at this time (years later), I have come to understand that, paradoxically, I have gained strength and self awareness, which has helped me to more readily be able to let go in the moment and open to the unknown.
    Last edited by Barbara; 08-30-2011 at 04:47 PM.
    "You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star." -- Nietzsche