Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Muscle Pain and Recovery Time?

If some other symptoms have improved for you, Bruno, there's every reason to believe these will be getting better, too. I know you must have looked through our Alternative sub-forum already, but, maybe, just *maybe*, you will come across something that would help you a tiny bit, to speed up the recovery process. Hang in there.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

i have muscles squeletal joints pains very strong since withdrawal, it is moving, with years, some places seem have improved, but still back pain; before paxil i never had pains (just a few back pains in my life)
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Thanks for the update Bruno, sounds pretty good man. I'm looking forward to your success story.
    Acceptance. Time. Habit.

Congratulations on healing to the point of having feelings for someone again! I’m sure it will only get better!
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    Congratulations on healing to the point of having feelings for someone again! I’m sure it will only get better!
    yep, didnt think that I would be able to have those types of feelings for a long time. As most people know, the drugs affect the human emotions and feelins and while some people like the numbing effect (or whichever effect they experience), I did not. But since withdrawal hit, I lost all interest in the opposite sex and so I often figured that it would be a long time before I was able to have those pleasant feelings again. It is great to appreciate the little things; I mean, when was the last time you heard a "normal" person stop and say, "you know, I really like [person]...boy does it feel good to be able to...FEEL".

I was in a long term relationship which lasted nearly six years and which ended about 5-6 months ago (although she now wants to get back together...sigh...Im such a stud :p) and for the past year or so I would ask myself, "do I really love this girl or in some way was it the drugs (i.e. did they have some type of influence)? Did the drugs have some type effect on my feelings and if I were not taking them would I have still entered into a relationship with this person?" I think the drugs alter our natural ability to experience true love...to really feel and connect with our other half. So, I now think, retrospectively, "was i ever even meant to be with that girl? Will I now, being drug free, find the one that I *really* love?"
    2004: Effexor-150mg
    2006: switch to paxil-up to 40mg
    2008: after paxil taper failed, went back on effexor-250mg
    2009: quit effexor cold turkey. Switched to zoloft-100mg
    2010: zoloft taper failed, switched to celexa-30mg
    October 2011: tapered celexa in one week

on drug and in withdrawal, we are one different from the one without drug, these drugs have a great power of numbing, disconnecting feelings, unplugging
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Well, studly! Now, you’ve got them chasing you!

But, seriously, you ask some real questions. We don’t fully know how these meds affect our feelings, choices, relationships when we’re on the meds. It’s something that really needs to be studied more. I’ve seen people start and end relationships when they *started* or ended meds.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Quote Originally Posted by stan View Post
    on drug and in withdrawal, we are one different from the one without drug, these drugs have a great power of numbing, disconnecting feelings, unplugging
    yep I agree, I am "me" again...these are some powerful substances

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
    Well, studly! Now, you’ve got them chasing you!

But, seriously, you ask some real questions. We don’t fully know how these meds affect our feelings, choices, relationships when we’re on the meds. It’s something that really needs to be studied more. I’ve seen people start and end relationships when they *started* or ended meds.
    I have read an article or two talking about the effects of these drugs on romantic feelings and they acknowledged that many people are affected in a negative way when it comes to these feelings. However, I think there is a lot we dont know. I mean to literally be with someone you otherwise wouldnt be with? To do things you otherwise wouldnt do? To be "you" again when stopping the drugs? Wow, those are some very powerful changes there! What fire are they playing with here?

You said it!

-- Holger Kalweit