Thread: need advice supplimetns

need advice supplimetns

Im so weak and suicidal I need help, I need hope, I need somthing to cling onto and I need your help

I have been looking at demylination again and am convinced that this pgad is demyelination of the pudendal nerve, if I can repair the myelin I could recover

the only woman I have found who has recovered was taking 2 suppliments

1) Methylsulfonylmethane - looking into this it seems it could have some impact on the myelin sheath

and

2) arginine - this also looks like its a myelin basic protien

help me guys, please please help me, could I try these, has anyone tried them or know of anyone who has, if I cant take them then I cant recover, if i cant recover then I will die, please help me

sheila, are you in correspondence with anyone a dr or anything who knows about/ is an expery in myelin? could you ask for me, its asking alot, too much but I need to know if these things may help me
    Put on citalopram July 2009 during a physical illness - didnt need it. 40mg
    went down to 20mg July 2010 CT in Jan 2012 - 2.5 years on.
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    Down to 1.5mg from the failed RI
    Now at 0.48 and trying to stabalize - been 6 weeks
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this

oh and I know this should be in the suppliemts section but I need as much help as I can so could we leave it here just for a hiwle before its moved thaks i love you all

its been the worst day, my husbamd went to watch the cricket at 5.30am this morning I have had freddie on my own, its been so awful, I hate myself, I have managed it but its been so awful, hes ok, but I will never foregt this day, never

who knew it could be so hard just to do what a normal person does everyday, i hate mysyelf so mcuh, i need a dr I need locking up, I need something i need help
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this

I’m not in correspondence with anyone who is an expert in myelin. I would start going up very slowly on Omega-3. You know we’re talking about a neuro-endo situation, and you know the evidence is overwhelming for Omega-3. You might need to get liquid and go up by 100 mg EPA + DHA per 3 weeks.

You do hate yourself. :( I’ve noticed that before. Some of that is your psychology and a lot of that is chemically-induced and grossly magnified by neuro-chaos. Either way, right now you can start a practice of being kind to yourself. It’s not easy, but it’s the single most healing thing you can do, and it has to be done step by step, just like going up ultra-slowly on the Omega-3 or tapering down ultra-slowly on the AD.

It starts with self-talk. Every time you say something brutal to yourself, notice that you’re doing it, and imagine how you would feel if someone talked to Freddie that way, and *practice* talking to yourself the way you talk to Freddie. Right in that moment. It won’t feel natural. But, it will start to change the channel. Every little bit you do is a huge investment in your future. And just *choosing* to practice it is a huge step in terms of healthy self-compassion.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

thanks sheila, you know I never used to hate myself, I just hate what I have become, I hate how inpatient and distracted I am, I see myself and how I act with my baby and I wih I was able to be who I used to do, he misses out on the mummy I used to be to him, before all this happened I KNEW I was patient and kind....I have always been a flawed human being, in many ways, I have been known to gossip, and I am outspoken, but never selfish, always kind and patient, even people who disliked me would say they knew my heart was always in the right place.

I used to be so popular, funny, I was really funny once, always laughing, creative and giving, I would never have said these things about myself before, but when you are so changed and you look back at who you were, I can see I was fine, wonderful, nothing wrong with me at all, never perfect, but a good person all the same, now Im not capable of even pretanding although I try so hard.

next week I will go up in half a tab of omega 3 and do so every 2 weeks, I am going to get the arginine both because the women who recivered from pgad took it and also because its meant to be very helpful with neuropathy.

today, after finding the resolution I needed (ie - a woman who recovered from pgad) my obsession and fear and symptoms are greatly diminished, I hope that it will continue with time, but what I needed was something to help pull me out of the dark, no one could do this for me, I had to find something myself, and this womans story has done it for me. you see the fear of it being permenant led me to continual focus on it, and fear, oh the terror, only you people understand the depths of that terror. But now even if I think about it I can say to myself, its ok even if I do have it because I can recover from it by doing the right things, this has helped SO much.

I will try to be kinder to myself, but it wont be easy. honestly I dont know what I would do without this forum, this is the only place that hasnt shunned me for one reason or another, but accepted and supported me, I feel loved here, I feel welcome and supported here, i was so touched to hear that people were genuinly concerned for me, in alot of places people have washed their hands of me, not that I blame them, I annoy myself.

thankyou all so much

We see that kind caring Caroline every day on this forum. We're only trying to give back what you give us.
    10;mg PAXIL 12 YEARS
    C/T June 2012

I’m so glad you found an example of a person who recovered from PGAD. I knew it was possible! Please try to remember this if you become worried about something else in the future. There are so many possibilities for healing. So many different paths available.

So, I have to write this down. When did you start the Omega-3 again and how much? And how much are you going up now?

Don’t start the arginine for a couple of weeks so you can discern its effect and not confuse it with the Omega.

I’m glad you’re willing to try to practice kindness towards yourself. There’s room for improvement on this issue in all of us. Any habits you build now will only make your life even better after w/d.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Iggy, I am glad for you; here I am struggling myself with this difficult process...the difference between you and me is that I double your age....

This is what I take to try to support my damaged CNS: Omega 3-1.200mg/Magnesium 250mg/ Vitamin C-500mg

I hope you feel better.
    150mgs Effexor for 4 years 2008-2012 for situational Major Depression. No AD before
    Tapered 150-0mgs in 3 months / last dose July 26th/2012 aprox.
    Acute W/D first 1-2 months
    Protracted W/D since then and slowly recovering.
    Main symptoms: Anxiety, Insomnia,Anhedonia.
    April 9th- 20th SEVERE DEPRESSION.
    11 months off.Slowly improving