Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Adverse Reaction? Please help ..!!

Bisco,
    I was in benzo long half life (Tranxene, is less potent than Valium). At each dose reduction I had almost always the same pattern (although often some dose reductions are easier than others). My symptoms were increasing every day until you reach 10 or 12 days, after symptoms vanished almost completely, and back again with the reduction ... If, Bisco, is exhausting ...

Take care, and a big hug
    Mar/2009 (diacepam+nortriptilina).Aprl-2010 (sulpiride+diacepam). May-2010:Tranxene 20 mg+SEROXAT 20mg
    TAPER BENZO:Apr-2011 20-10mg.; Sep-Nov -2011 taper 10 a 0mg. BENZO FREE 06/11/2011
    TAPER SEROXAT: jul-ago-11: de 20 a 10 mg; Dic-11/jan-10-5mg;Apr-sep-12 5-0mg . SEROXAT FREE: 15/09/2012
    Internal tremor, brain fog, memory, lack of concentration, anxiety. Problem original: Stress

Thank you Parox, you are so very sweet ..:) How long did your tapering last.?

I have been having a tough two days ..
    Yesterday afternoon, my troubles started with the scarry heart beats as usual, some kind of tingles beneath my skin, even down to my feet ..
    My head was in a terrible shape ..Pressure, headache, a feeling of my skin crawling,
    uncomfortable restlessness, and blurry eyes .I could not see a thing ..
    My BP shot up to over 140 /86 ..when it is usually low. I was feeling frightened to go sleep ..Today, I feel a bit better...I try to remain optomistic that it will stay that way, for the rest of the day .
    .It worries me that these symptoms are so severe.
    Parox please have fun this summer, in your fabulous country home ..:)
    Sending you love ..Biscotaki.

Hi Sheila, thank you for your care ..Sheila, the plan sounds wonderful. ..I must say that the thought of tapering frightens me ..But then I think it is my only way out ..
    About the Omega 3's, when I do not feel good, I do not pay attention to taking them ..

But overall, I take VC Therapy 9 a day ..3 in the morning, 3 noon, 3 night. Every 2 is 1010 EPA and DHA. I also take 6 ( 2 three times a day) Krill oil ..Those are 410 for each 2.
    Other times I take 3 ( 3 times a day) Red label TJ 'S Omega, along with the 6 Krill.

I am sorry I cannot do the math ..Please tell me what you think.
    I wish that you are well always ..Thank you for being there ..
    Hugs ebiscotaki

Thank you for the sweet note in my journal. I read your jourmal as well but haven't replied as I never think I have anything useful to add, but I do think of you and I love your avatar. Can you tell me what country you are from?
    10;mg PAXIL 12 YEARS
    C/T June 2012

Bisco, I was too fast and precipitated with benzo decrease. I did a cut of 50% of the dose, I had the new dose five months, and made another cut of 50%, then found the Ashton Manual, and was slower. At this point was where the pattern of improvement observed every 10 or 12 days.
    Interestingly and contrary to what happens to most people during the first cut 50% of benzo (and also with Seroxat) I had drowsiness, had need for sleep and sleep all the time. In contrast, in the later stages of benzo and Seroxat decreased: insomnia (frequent awakenings, restless legs, vivid dreams ...)

Take care
    Mar/2009 (diacepam+nortriptilina).Aprl-2010 (sulpiride+diacepam). May-2010:Tranxene 20 mg+SEROXAT 20mg
    TAPER BENZO:Apr-2011 20-10mg.; Sep-Nov -2011 taper 10 a 0mg. BENZO FREE 06/11/2011
    TAPER SEROXAT: jul-ago-11: de 20 a 10 mg; Dic-11/jan-10-5mg;Apr-sep-12 5-0mg . SEROXAT FREE: 15/09/2012
    Internal tremor, brain fog, memory, lack of concentration, anxiety. Problem original: Stress

Aww, thank you Mona :) I feel the same as you ..I never know what to say ..So I just say a prayer for each
    person I meet,
    asking for healing and wellness ..
    Mona, originally I am from Greece ..
    Hang in there, we need to take this one step at a time, as Luc says.
    I appreciate you are here ..:)
    Sending you love, and many hugs :) biscotaki

Some days –

VC = 505 EPA/DHA per pill x 9 = 4545
    + Krill

Other days –

TJ = 600 EPA/DHA per pill x 9 = 5400
    + Krill

Now, just to double check, the Krill are 410 EPA + DHA or 410 overall fish oil?

How long have you been on this dose?

This sounds really good! Just tell me how fast you’ve been updosing – that’s the only question I have. It seems like we have to updose slowly.
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Hi dear Sheila, the Krill is EPA DHA. 410 for 2.
    I added the krill a few months back ..4 maybe?
    I am not sure about the updosing ..!! But not recently ..
    The reason for all this plus the krill is, that I am hoping it will help my brain, where most of my horrible symptoms come from.
    I hope you are having a peaceful day ..much love,
    biscotaki

My blurry eyes are getting worse by the day ..I can hardly see ..
    That, along with the rest of the debilitating symptoms, and am couch bound ..
    It sure sounds like a paradoxical reaction to Ativan.
    I think that the remedy is tapering ..
    But how can I taper when I am not stable?
    Any thoughts I will be grateful for ..
    Thank you ..biscotaki

Hey, Bisco. I'm so sorry to hear about these symptoms. I really would like to advise you as best as possible, but sometimes it is quite difficult to figure out which way would be the optimal. Perhaps the very slow lowering of the dose would be worth a try? Looks like the Ativan doesn't do you good. Let us just wait - maybe someone had similar experiences with the benzo taper/benzo switch to liquid. Please, stay strong - this nightmare will eventually end.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.