Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ideas For Taking Action - the Brainstorming Thread

I know AA & NA "have no opinion on outside controversy"; however, plenty of individuals "in the rooms" have been brainwashed to believe psychmeds are safe and "your doctor" is the Lord of the Universe. on the other hand, I am just now beginning to hear some folks start to address the question; in a kind of code-- I have been sharing with individuals about my problem, and, at some point,when I feel better, I will include it in my story at group level.
    Prozac/Birth Control 9 years. Pot 6/09 to 3/11. Female Problems. Short trials: Paxil, Celexa, Lexipro, Wellbutrin, Xanax, Ativan. CURRENTLY Lamictal from 10/11. Seroquel from 12/11. Remiron from 12/11: 15-30-45-30-15-to 7.5 7/2012, to 3.75 4/1/13. 5/18 3.75/2. Diagnosis Now: Complex PTSD. Regular Acupuncture/EMDR/therapy/yoga class. PERFECT RESIGNATION GIVES THE DEEPEST JOY OF ALL. ACCEPT IT AS YOUR SOLE RESOURCE. -ANANADAMAYI MA
    The Inner Light - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4n8DQknrOOc

That’s terrific, Ruby. I think the history is that, until around the 1990s, psych meds were actually frowned upon in AA. You were supposed to not depend on any substance….uh, except for coffee and cigarettes, of course…. :)

But, then, psych meds gained in influence. American psychiatry became full-bore psychopharmacologic (whereas it had been full-bore psychoanalytic in the 1940s, and still quite psychological through the 70s). Et voila, psych meds infiltrated AA.

I’m soooo glad you’re starting to spread the word. This may turn out to be an important part of your mission. More power to you!
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

Quote Originally Posted by RubyTuesday View Post
    I know AA & NA "have no opinion on outside controversy"; however, plenty of individuals "in the rooms" have been brainwashed to believe psychmeds are safe and "your doctor" is the Lord of the Universe.
    i was in similar state: doctor was "god";
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish