Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Didnt want to post, but need support

Milkshake, so sorry to hear about it! Please, hang in there as best as you can. Sending you the extra dose of Healing Energy!
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Quote Originally Posted by Junior View Post
    BTW - psych drugs have SAVED my life - FOUR TIMES in the past - and that includes Paxil, when I first went on it. For exactly what you are going through now - although mine was naturally occurring.

What you were on IN THE PAST has created this mess. It doesn't mean that every single drug that has ever existed is evil.

For the record I NEVER HAD ANYTHING LIKE THIS when getting off amitryptline. TWICE!!
    we all know people who take 1 or 2 years and have been able to stop without problems, we also know people who reacted acute on a few pills and are bad after years;
    people who are here do not need advice of what antidepressant take, they can go to any doctor and in two minutes they will be adviced and prescribed, they do not need Junior experience of amitriptiline, Junior who today is not health but trapped in antidepressants, Junior who is not off but still taking, and Needinghelp is off;
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish

Quote Originally Posted by Junior View Post
    When were you last on psych meds? Could you remind me of your history? And would you consider one of the older class of a/ds - like the one I have just started on?
    this is something we do not need, suggest psychotropics to people who fight to stop them or/and to not retake
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg

Quote Originally Posted by Needinghelp View Post
    I am hyper sensitive to any medication. I had a adverse reaction to cymbalta and normal antibiotics which are considered safe.

I just want to make something very clear. I did not post here to be convinced i need to try out drugs. I posted here because i need support. I am anti-drugs. I will never take another psychoactive drug in my life. ALL psychoactive drugs do damage. Even TCA's. What you believe is your choice. You are still on paxil, you can definately not even begin to compare my suffering as you have not even felt 1% of it. If you did, you would indeed never ever touch another drug again. This depression is due to withdrawal, nothing else.

I am opting for a drug free life. Im not willing to take a gamble and try another drug. After what ive been through and still gonig through, its not worth the risk.
    you are right

What Stan said. Taking more ADs to help with WD (unless it's strictly a reinstatement situation) will only prolong suffering in the long run, create artificial (and still severely malfunctioning homeostasis), will eventually end in a poop-out, and add more side-effects from drugs (hormonal system especially bears a brunt of it). And you will reach this stage only if you are able to avoid kindling/adverse reaction in the first place. Nothing in life is for free. Except for, perhaps, the energy from a Tesla Coil.
    Last edited by Luc; 07-12-2013 at 04:51 PM.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Sweetie, I'm right there with you, almost 14 months out and every morning dreading another day from hell. I can only encourage you to make it through this one day and then the next and one morning you will wake up and see something positive. We can't know how long that will take but we have to believe it will happen. Our partners, even if they are loving can't possibly understand what we are experiencing. No one who hasn't been through this could understand. None of this is your fault! it really comes down to f**king bad luck in the way our systems reacted to these drugs. Knowing that, the risk of trying more drugs are not the answer.

However, If your partner is not caring and is hurting you, you need to ask yourself why you are staying with him. Is it financial? Are you just afraid to be alone? I know you've mentioned your parents, are they able to help. I do believe that staying with a hurtful peoson can delay your healing, but you must be very careful in analyzing your feelings and our reality is altered by the pain we are in.

xxxsally
    10;mg PAXIL 12 YEARS
    C/T June 2012

I wish you strength NH.. it won't get any worse and you've survived so far. Sooner or later you will turn the corner. I think it's inspiring you're still working. You can do it and you are, just keep the course and do what you can to aid the healing, good nutrition etc. Quality of life may be bad short term..
    Acceptance. Time. Habit.

I’m so sorry you’re going through such a horrible time, but what you describe is absolutely classic w/d, and it will get better.

It’s so common in w/d to be stuck on regrets and remorse and self-criticism. You have to try to take those thoughts with a grain of salt. There may be some element of truth to them – but you’re too vulnerable and sick to even work on the true element – and mostly they are chemically grossly exaggerated. When you have healed more, you will not even think these things, certainly not at this intensity and frequency.

And, it’s so common to envy the healthy – especially if they’re not particularly deserving! You may not feel well enough to separate from him now or do couples’ therapy, but, for sure, you will take these insights into the future and build a much better relationship either with him or with someone else.

What to do? What are you doing with Omega-3? And what do you think about a supportive therapy or pastoral counseling – even if they don’t understand w/d, it might be a relief to just get some sympathy. Are you sleeping as much as you can? Exercising at all?
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

NH, I think I told you that I was still in the very hardest part of w/d at the 11-month point of my recovering. It's a real test of strength and you have been dealing very courageously with that as well as other health problems. I admire you very much.

I relate so much to how tremendously hard this phase of w/d is, but let me assure you that in a while this painful phase of w/d will be behind you and it will never be this hard again. I hope that happens for you very soon. You have shown increasing grace and courage while dealing with so much. You're a very special lady.

Junior, I totally support your making a decision that I know was hard for you, and I'm very glad it's helping you. But please realize many or most of us in w/d forums have found we simply cannot tolerate other meds. You have amazing abilities to go on and off various meds without problems, and I'm so glad it's working for you again. But too many of us can't do that. And others choose not to because of very strong feelings about meds which needed to be respected.

I think your experience will be something to relate when people inquire about other meds, although it's very important that people also be warned that many people are not able to switch to other meds successfully. There have been a number of cases of people who had an adverse reaction to a tricyclic when trying them to relieve w/d from other psych meds.

I was one. (During a long-ago benzo w/d). And much later in paxil w/d a doctor had me try just a drop or two of a pediatric liquid of a different tricyclic for my severe paxil w/d. I didn't think that could be a problem, but incredibly I kept having bad reactions even to that.) I do know of several people who do find a tricyclic has helped them while in SSRI w/d, but I also know or have read about many have found it makes a terrible situation worse.

My feeling about posting about taking other meds in w/d is that one should absolutely be able to post about deciding that taking them is right for them, and to get support for that difficult personal decision.

But I think recommending them for others is inappropriate in forums that are designed for people trying to get off meds. There are depression and other forums where discussions about how best to treat (including medicate) depression of any kind where suggesting them is very appropriate, and certainly some people in w/d have chosen to use those sites.

And especially once someone has said that she does not want to take any further psych meds, as NH did, that should be respected and supported just as your decision for yourself should be respected and supported.

I hope these thoughts contribute to this discussion, and I truly wish all of you the best as you follow your particular paths in this journey we all are or have been on.
    I'll write a signature when I can. In the meantime, if you're wondering why I have the nerve to act like I know everybody lol, you can read my crazy intro post here: http://antidepressantwithdrawal.info/forum/showthread.php?1469-I-m-here...-Davka

Oh, shucks. I can't find a button to turn that into a clickable link. Hey, Stan (Mr. Computer Man!) - how can I do that?

you are doing absolutley the right thing NH, No more drugs for you.

hold on, salvation is getting closer and closer for you I just know it is.

I will send you a nice email I got from Shea, and also one from Lossleader, hes a crack up that guy!

I got them both last week but have my head up my anus at the moment so havent been able to take any comfort from them, but maybe you will. xx
    Put on citalopram July 2009 during a physical illness - didnt need it. 40mg
    went down to 20mg July 2010 CT in Jan 2012 - 2.5 years on.
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    Down to 1.5mg from the failed RI
    Now at 0.48 and trying to stabalize - been 6 weeks
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this