Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Didnt want to post, but need support

hi NH,
    I totally agree this depression is from the drugs.I have never had depression in my life only manageable anxiety, till my doc gave me Paroxetine. After stopping it I was hurled into a horrendous depression that had no rhyme or reason.Some of us should just avoid any drug of this type. Too bad we have to find out the hard way.

I just wanted to thank each and every one of you for your support and help during this intense time. I am very very grateful to be apart of this group and to be able to communicate with such special people.

TryingToGetWell, thank you so much for taking the time to reply to my thread. I know you are very busy and i greatly appreciate your post. Thank you for always responding to my messages and giving me advise. You are 1 in a million. Yes, i am at 11 months off right now and i am very very tired. I feel hopeful that i will start seeing improvments in the oncoming months and i will definately post about them here.

You have all been so helpful and i cant thank you enough. Its very hard going through this, i believe its even worse for younger people who have no real life experiences. I am dealing with other medical problems and personal stressors too, and i do believe everything will turn out just fine and that i will return to my normal self one day. I just hope it doesnt take a lifetime.

The major depression has for the most part lifted which i am very grateful for. I get alot of these "Bouts" during the months and its very deliberating unlike anything ive ever experienced.

But to be honest, the depression isnt my worst symptom. As all of you know, i am still experiencing massive DR/DP without let-up. But as TTGW said, she was still at her worst at 11 months off so i am hopeful.

I hope everyone is doing ok

love you honey. your amazing! xxxx
    Put on citalopram July 2009 during a physical illness - didnt need it. 40mg
    went down to 20mg July 2010 CT in Jan 2012 - 2.5 years on.
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    Down to 1.5mg from the failed RI
    Now at 0.48 and trying to stabalize - been 6 weeks
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this

That is great to hear you're hanging in there, Needinghelp! It will be definitely getting better.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Hi Squirrel, how are you doing? Any improvements lately?

Quote Originally Posted by squirrel View Post
    hi NH,
    I totally agree this depression is from the drugs.I have never had depression in my life only manageable anxiety, till my doc gave me Paroxetine. After stopping it I was hurled into a horrendous depression that had no rhyme or reason.Some of us should just avoid any drug of this type. Too bad we have to find out the hard way.
    02/2008-10/2010 - Citalopram 20mg
    10/2010-05/2012 - Paxil 20mg (1 Month quick Taper)
    15-18/07/2012 - Prozac 20mg
    21-22/07/2012 - Cymbalta 30mg SEVERE ADVERSE REACTION
    27/07/2012-13/08/2012 - RI Paxil 5mg
    14/08/2012 - Free from all Psychotropics

Currently tappering off the Birth Control Pill. On 3/4 as of 16/07/2013

So pleased you are feeling a bit better, that's made my day! Xxxxxx