Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Families and the inability to cope.

Families and the inability to cope.

I am at a complete loss right now. My mom just does not get how I feel, how all this is going to take time to heal and she just thinks it will come back instantly and I chose to be this way. All I do is burden her, really. She's depressed because of everything that is happening. I am in a depressed state, a place where I can not please anyone and I am a pleasureless zombie- and I just wish I can explain this to her without freaking out on her. I have tried but I am tired and losing my patience with everything and just barely hanging in there. Why? I don't like that this is happening. I know some people never recover & that I am young and may have damaged myself for the better part of the next several years of my teenage life. It is taking a toll on everyone and I just want to run away.

The point I am trying to make is- I have a very hard time coping with all this crap. I wonder...how do you all do this with families?
    8 weeks on Zoloft in total, including my 4 week taper, ending on May 20th, 2013. Still going through emotional and partially physical hell.

aka Epiphany-
    http://ssriandbenzowdhelp.freeforums.net/

Elt, it has taken my husband - through my recent hell - a good 4 years to really understand that what I am going through is real. He surprised me last night when I told him I was updosing to 13mg. He said, oh I thought 12 ...

Would you mum be prepared to look at sites like this? And PP?
    Aropax (Paxil). Currently at 13mg and holding.
    Added Endep (amitrypline) 12.5 for sleep - 11 July 2013

"There are things that are known and things that are unknown; in between are doors." - Anonymous

She believes the online forums are BS. uggh. Life is the pits. Honestly. It feels like it onlyngets worse. If the anhedonia went, I would be 80% healed. I cry a lot because I feel like no one gets it.
    8 weeks on Zoloft in total, including my 4 week taper, ending on May 20th, 2013. Still going through emotional and partially physical hell.

aka Epiphany-

We get it. We are here for you.

"There are things that are known and things that are unknown; in between are doors." - Anonymous

And I thank you all. I just feel trapped. :(

aka Epiphany-

Many people experience this. I was luckly to live on my own (no wife and children) and my mom supported me during my horrific journey the girst 18 months in WD, and later believed me when I showed her the patient reports and articles of dr. Healy and others.
    But others, especially my sister, never believed me, blamed it on my original issues of being stubborn by not taking my "medicine" and not listend to "doctors".
    Now, about 4 years later, she starts to have a clue but never ever will apologize for blaming me again and again for something I am not to blame for. I try to forgive her by realizing that she is still on Paxil, has full confidence in her psychiatrist and I do not even try yo convince her to get off...
    I am still proud of being stubborn and choose to get off the crap, though it was impossible to oversee the consequences of quitting this "non-addictive wonrder drug"...
    Recovering from the ravages of withdrawal after 5 years on Paxil/Seroxat, originally prescribed for stress and, looking backward, PTSS.
    Though it is hardly possible to get something positive from the utter hell of repeated c/t's and protracted w/d, all of this unnecessary, I still believe in the possiblity to emerge from this as a healed, wiser human being.
    All we need is just a little patience - Guns N' Roses

I am proud of it too, even though it really does suck. I just hope it ends somehow and I am healed.....I hope your mom will one day get off.

aka Epiphany-

I'm still trying to get my husband to understand. It isn't happening. I have shown him this forum and other information and explained everything that's going on with me. How did he respond? 'Bloody hell, you are doing a great job of covering it up. How the hell are you managing to work? You really are ill and your stupid enough to get discharged from the psychiatrist and stop taking the meds. And who are these people giving you advice? they could be anyone feeding you all sorts of crap!' (slightly politer quote!) I blame his citalopram.....

Needless to say I have not mentioned my w/d experiences a lot to him since apart from now and then when he asks how I am I usually reply with 'plodding along as normal' or 'feeling really tired and unsettled today' he knows what that really means.

Even if family are not understanding you are not alone here! I feel like I post some really silly stuff when I read it back but no one ever says so! Post away, ask away, there will always be someone able to give you support and advice x
    Started on Sertraline 50mg January 2011 (increased to 200mg over a couple of months)
    Started on Risperidone for 'resistant depression' end of Feb 2011
    Stopped Sertraline October 2012
    Started Mirtazipine October 2012
    Stopped Mirtazipine December 2012
    Stopped Risperidone March 2013

Thank you, hermi! :) That really helped. This is the reason I usually stay on the online forums.

aka Epiphany-

It is important for us to get validation and to know that what we are going through is real. People I talk to in real-life have no idea. Not that they don't believe me, just that they don't understand. So I get my support from these forums. People here and at PP are amazing.