Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Need advice

Well I guess it's worth a shot but just worried I might be doing more damage by reinstating at this point. I am I the phase right now where I think my life is over and there is no hope for me. I am going to loose everything but there is not anything I can do about it now.

Today is the worst day yet I am feeling like I am loosing my mind and just do not feel like myself at all. I cannot get exited about anything anymore and I am just scared of everything. Gog help me!

D, I am so sorry you are feeling that bad; I have been there, and it gets better, trust me.
    It will take time, but recovery does happen.
    You are in the early stage of w/d and is a hellish experience, but at the end you will be med. free and better than ever.
    Courage, faith, patience
    150mgs Effexor for 4 years 2008-2012 for situational Major Depression. No AD before
    Tapered 150-0mgs in 3 months / last dose July 26th/2012 aprox.
    Acute W/D first 1-2 months
    Protracted W/D since then and slowly recovering.
    Main symptoms: Anxiety, Insomnia,Anhedonia.
    April 9th- 20th SEVERE DEPRESSION.
    11 months off.Slowly improving

Please don't assume the worst, just take it one day at a time. Many people CT and are able to cope again within a few weeks or months and it's best to assume you are in that group for now and you may well be. When you consider that millions of people are put on these drugs, honestly, very few people end up with this protrcted w/d. Chance is with you

Meantime, you must decide a course of action: either stay off the ssris and see what happens or go back on a small dose of the celexa and give the RI a few weeks. Meantime, don't change your dose of klonapin. Definatelydon't increase as that will just make it harder to get off and the increase will only help for a short time. I went on xanax last winter and was distraught when after two weeks the relief had passed and I was left with a long taper schedule. Eight months later I'm still trying to get off of it.

Breathe deep and don't lose hope. Unfortunately, as well as giving good advice these sites can scare the sh*t out of you.
    10;mg PAXIL 12 YEARS
    C/T June 2012

I would try Iggy’s plan, post #18 – stay on the klonopin, get liquid and do 2 – 5 mg celexa. It will definitely be different than when you reinstated at a high dose.

We’re sending you soothing, protective wishes….
    Meds free since June 2005.

"An initiation into shamanic healing means a devaluation of all values, an overturning of the profane world, a peeling away of inveterate handed-down notions of the world, liberation from everything preconceived. For that reason, shamanism is closely connected with suffering. One must suffer the disintegration of one's own system of thought in order to perceive a new world in the higher space."
    -- Holger Kalweit

It feels terrible now, Dan, but you will get better. Yes, reinstating at a low dose looks like the best option. Stay strong.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Thanks everybody, my nerves just feel raw and my head has so much tension in it that I am scared to put anymore celexa in my body. Jones

?Dan, have you been to the doctors for the liquid celexa? the sooner you do this the better...the sad truth is that doing so could prevent things from getting worse ina few months time, and withdrawal can build before it starts to decrease.

I know you are scared of the medication but for now this really is your best shot.

get the liquid celexa asap and let us know the doseage, some are 1 drop is 2mg etc...we can advice you from there, but you need to do this now.

you will be ok, all is not lost
    Put on citalopram July 2009 during a physical illness - didnt need it. 40mg
    went down to 20mg July 2010 CT in Jan 2012 - 2.5 years on.
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    Down to 1.5mg from the failed RI
    Now at 0.48 and trying to stabalize - been 6 weeks
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this

I reinstated at 5mg in the hospital the other day. I have just been cutting the 10MG tabs in half. Hopefully I can stable somewhat even after the sensitivity to nervous system.

I am so sorry you are going through this, Dan. I really hope the reinstatement brings you some relief.
    2006 Rx'd Cymbalta for approx 1 yr. WD after 4 mos - didn't realize was WD,took Zoloft and Klonopin; tapered K. Spring 2012 experienced major WD symptoms while tapering Zoloft; tried to updose but no relief, back on K 1 mg. Switched over 5-6 mos from Zoloft to Citalopram. Finished Zoloft 1/13; now on Citalopram 35 mg and 1 mg Klonopin. Started to experience withdrawal symptoms from switch (?) approx. 3 months after finished Zoloft (4/13). Now at 35 mg and hoping to start slow taper