Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Need advice

I have no idea why I switched around the way I did probably docs thought I needed too I guess. I have been an absolute reck since I quit 3 months ago have not worked in 2 months and I do construction for myself and money is dwindling. I am on klonopin. 5mg and was on gabapentin for nerve pain. God help me!

I'm so sorry Dan. Unfortunately most docs don't have a clue so we have to look after ourselves. I'd try iggy and sheilas method. It's been successful for many people but you must be willing to give it time to work. We'll be here to guide and encourage you. Do you have family and friends for support? It's possible you may not be able to work for awhile.
    10;mg PAXIL 12 YEARS
    C/T June 2012

Also its usually best to get off the ssri before you begin tapering the benzo.
    10;mg PAXIL 12 YEARS
    C/T June 2012

Thanks for the replies all! Even though I already reinstated and I had adverse reaction do you think it's wise to go back on again? Do you think there is a possibility that it could kick in and start working again after a few months or will I just make my withdrawl worsh? My nervous system is so messed up already. Do you think the fact that I reinstated at such a high dose was the course of this mess? Also is the klonopin just doing me more damage? I have heard a few people bump the dose on klonopin to sedate nervous system while they reintroduce a low dose like 5mg of ssri. Just want to do the right thing. My symptoms are as follows...

Akathesia
    Extreme anxiety
    Brain fog
    Pain burning sensation
    Hyper sensitivity of nervous system
    Tension and numbness in head
    Loss of interest in things
    Electric sensations
    Many more...

Problem hun is we're all different in our reactions or adverse reactions to these drugs. With such severe symptoms I would try the low dose ri but I'm coming from a horrible place and don't want to see you end up here. Since you weren't having problems prior to quitting the ri may work for you. Nobody can tell for sure.
    10;mg PAXIL 12 YEARS
    C/T June 2012

Hello, Dan. Welcome to IAWP!

Well, it's a tough choice indeed. In such instances you never know how exactly your body is going to react. The symptoms you've mentioned are typically these of an early WD - very severe. On the one hand, there's always a risk that the reinstatment will not work. On the other, it might be worth a try nonetheless. In some cases, after the initial bad reaction, your body is eventually able to tolerate the drug. When this happens, you stabilise, then, very very slowly wean off of it.

I would go with low doses of Celexa. You mention these other drugs you've been taking. How long have you been on those?

This is a terrible ordeal. So sorry you have to go through it. Whatever decision you will take, we will be helping you on your way.
    Keep walking. Just keep walking.

Thanks, I have been on klonopin daily for like 1.5 months. 05mg and was on gabapentin for a few weeks.

are you off the gabapentin now?

Its not a case of the low dose stopping the withdrawal completely and ''working'' but it may stop the very worst symptoms and hopefully if you give it long enough you will be able to stabalise and then begina slow taper. You ahve been on the benzo long enough now so stopping may be a bad idea, Im not 100% but it may be best to stay on the benzo, get liqid celexa and start with either 5mg or 2mg and see how you tolerate it.

Your adverse (hypersenstive) reaction was most likely becasue you tried to reinstate at much too high a dose, your nervous system is senstitised by the too fast taper and from being on ADs for so long.

I am in the same position as you. I know how this feels, I have been unable to work for a year now, but that doesnt mean the same will happen for you, it was longer for me until I found out what was happening. and didnt know what to do.
    Put on citalopram July 2009 during a physical illness - didnt need it. 40mg
    went down to 20mg July 2010 CT in Jan 2012 - 2.5 years on.
    Tried to restart July 2012 due to 1 panic attack (never had one before - start of CT W/D) - adverse reaction
    Down to 1.5mg from the failed RI
    Now at 0.48 and trying to stabalize - been 6 weeks
    now have SEVERE anxiety, akathsia, feel like Im on acid 24/7 depression, D/P, signed off work. Scared of everything..please God let me heal from this

Yes I am off the gabapentin now, wish I would have reinstated at much lower dose now but the doctor told me to start back a 40mg because I tolerated it so well before. So you really think I will be able to stabilise since when I went back on it just got worsh the longer I was on? but I was also at 20mg before I decided to quit one week ago never went lower than that. Man this sucks and now I am pissed at the doctor for telling me to start back on that high of dose.

Quote Originally Posted by Djones19841 View Post
    Akathesia
    Extreme anxiety
    Brain fog
    Pain burning sensation
    Hyper sensitivity of nervous system
    Tension and numbness in head
    Loss of interest in things
    Electric sensations
    Many more...
    you have been 10 years on different SRIs, stopping in three months and switching, updosing, downdosing, gives the result you have; if you do nothing from now, you will suffer the hell you suffer during months until some improvements will show, all the situation is "normal"
    can we diminish the suffering? sometime yes, sometime no,
    how?reinstating a low dose of the last, celexa, i would think as people said, 2 mg or 5 mg and then wait more than one month, often two are needed to stabalize (suffer but less), then i would reconsider the situation; i would not reinstate 40 mg, 30 mg, 20 mg, it would not be worth, too risky
    will you suffer even reinstating works? yes, 10 years consuming cannot be thrown with the hand, and your CNS do no more want these poisons, he shows it you
    12 years paxil(9 years only 10 mg) - cold turkey(1,5 month) and switch celexa tapered 1 year 20 mg
    62 years old - for GAD - 4 years 3 months meds free [since april 2009]

vegetables soup - orange (vit C) - curcuma - some meat or fish